Page 4 of 145
Quote by Vermintide
These are my only thoughts:

RUSSEL T. FAGGOT

:O!!!!!

Russell T Davis is a pretty amazing writer.

Still not as good as the old Baker days, though.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
Quote by Demonbreed
I thought it was "Khan" but yeah, it was quite funny, but bearing in mind, it has become insane over the years. I believe it showed its face back in one of the old Dr. Who episodes.

If Davros says "quiet you" in the next episode, I will actually cry of joy.
Quote by IDon'tLoveYou

Oh god please don't ever come within a ten mile radius of me.

He's ****ing atrocious.

I can't wait for this new guy to show up. Granted tonight's episode was pretty badass; but whenever else I see his name come up in the cedits I tend to spend the rest of the episode biting through the TV remote from sheer cringe-factor.

He has some great ideas in there, but constantly fags them the balls up with his complete lack of ability. He pisses away good plot twists. He ****s all over decent storylines. Everything he writes is a perpetual anti-climax.

He writes it cheezy in a bad way, not cheezy in a good way.
Last edited by Vermintide at Jun 28, 2008,
Quote by IDon'tLoveYou
:O!!!!!

Still not as good as the old Baker days, though.

Read the thread.

He's a terrible writer.

He's like M. Night Shyamlan. Occasionally he has his 6th sense, but ultimately he's always going for giant twists and writing convoluted stories with terrible dialogue.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I enjoy Doctor Who every once and awhile.

The last two episodes were great, I enjoyed it more because it had a slightly horror edge, something the rest of the episodes were missing.

I'm not an avid fan or anything, but his (the latest Doctor...whose name escapes me) happy/surprised face is hilarious...

My .02 on the show.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Vermintide
1) I can't wait for this new guy to show up.

2) I tend to spend the rest of the episode biting through the TV remote from sheer cringe-factor.

1) He already has. He's responsible for some of the best episodes from the new series (i.e, after the resurrection of Who)

2) The dogs mangled ours
Quote by Minkaro
1) He already has. He's responsible for some of the best episodes from the new series (i.e, after the resurrection of Who)

Indeed, just, the thought of him overseeing the whole series makes me hard.
Quote by IDon'tLoveYou

I hate the way he keeps butchering the plot to bring back old villains though

1. is it me or was the master thrown into the eye of harmony? and didn't that pretty much mean eternal death for him?

2. davros has died so many times it's stupid, and as the doctor said tonight, the time was is completely locked off, how could a single darlek possible travel through time into it at the exact right moment to save davros from certain death (again)
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Well, I think he's a pretty good writer then.

He's written some of the best episodes of the new serieses.

Including (I believe) the WWII "Mummy gas mask kid" one.
Amazingly scary.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
Quote by Vermintide
These are my only thoughts:

RUSSEL T. FAGGOT

It seems you can go suck a Cactus then.

Quote by zait
He gets a set amount of regenerations, something like 13/14 isn't it? The master got a new set of regenerations before though so...

What? Its not like a Role Playing Game. I think its whatever the writers and people at auditions chose him to be regenerated into...

Quote by Sonny_sam
I hate the way he keeps butchering the plot to bring back old villains though

1. is it me or was the master thrown into the eye of harmony? and didn't that pretty much mean eternal death for him?

2. davros has died so many times it's stupid, and as the doctor said tonight, the time was is completely locked off, how could a single darlek possible travel through time into it at the exact right moment to save davros from certain death (again)

I believe he did get thrown into the eye of Harmony. However I think that since he was found again at the end of the universe in season 3, there might be an explanation as to why he survived.

As for the Daleks, well, lets face it. Realistically Daleks will NEVER be killed off. They have basically 'made' the climax of most Dr Who series and have been the basis for most of the films.

I have to agree, the "Time Temporal Shift" is just a cheap ploy invented by the creators and editors to keep the 'baddies' going strong.
With this temporal shift, anything can basically be allowed to happen.
My pet peeve is, why didnt they use it before?

The new Daleks have also ruined my safe haven of being able to hide upstairs an be safe, since they can now fly, distort timelines, blow up houses etc.
Does anyone remember when Daleks used to shoot gas?
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
Last edited by Demonbreed at Jun 28, 2008,
Quote by Demonbreed
What? Its not like a Role Playing Game. I think its whatever the writers and people at auditions chose him to be regenerated into...

it's been written into the story pretty much since the very start of the show that the doctor can only have 13 different bodies, which means 12 regenerations, this one tonight will be his 10th, provided you don't count peter cushing who was doctor who for like, 2 movies about the daleks

Quote by Demonbreed

I remember when they killed people by sucking their faces off with sink plungers, and when you could stop one by throwing a blanket over it
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Last edited by Sonny_sam at Jun 28, 2008,
Quote by Demonbreed

I believe he did get thrown into the eye of Harmony. However I think that since he was found again at the end of the universe in season 3, there might be an explanation as to why he survived.

As for the Daleks, well, lets face it. Realistically Daleks will NEVER be killed off. They have basically 'made' the climax of most Dr Who series and have been the basis for most of the films.

I have to agree, the "Time Temporal Shift" is just a cheap ploy invented by the creators and editors to keep the 'baddies' going strong.
With this temporal shift, anything can basically be allowed to happen.
My pet peeve is, why didnt they use it before?

The new Daleks have also ruined my safe haven of being able to hide upstairs an be safe, since they can now fly, distort timelines, blow up houses etc.

They could fly in the old series, and thanks to person who clarified the set amount of regenerations.

I suggest http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Doctor_Who_Wiki as you may want to buff up some of the things you thought you knew.
I know what you're thinking... You're thinkin' here comes old Gregg, he's a scaly man-fish...

Quote by civildp1
I can't drink tequila anymore. it makes me do terrible things. Terrible naked things.

Quote by Demonbreed

I've never understood that phrase. Is it your intent to offend me? Do explain
Quote by Sonny_sam
it's been written into the story pretty much since the very start of the show that the doctor can only have 13 different bodies, which means 12 regenerations, this one tonight will be his 10th, provided you don't count peter cushing who was doctor who for like, 2 movies about the daleks

I remember when they killed people by sucking their faces off with sink plungers, and when you could stop one by throwing a blanket over it

So does that mean the Dr Who series may possibly die within the next decade?

And yes, the old towel over the eye trick was genius... The good ol' days eh

Quote by zait
They could fly in the old series, and thanks to person who clarified the set amount of regenerations.

I suggest http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Doctor_Who_Wiki as you may want to buff up some of the things you thought you knew.

I shall check that out. Thanks.

Quote by Vermintide
I've never understood that phrase. Is it your intent to offend me? Do explain

I never knew it was a phrase. Its something I randomly came up with.

My intention is not to offend you. However it seems your intention is to offend the writers of Doctor Who.
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
Last edited by Demonbreed at Jun 28, 2008,
I was watching Rab C Nesbitt on Paramount yesterday (hang on this is actually sort of relevant I'm not just a rambling idiot) and there was a cross dressing 'barmaid' who looked sort of familar in the face. At first I thought it was Ed Byrne but then on the end credits I noticed who it was. Davina played by.....

(Invalid img)

David Tennant!

According to that site this was his second role, bit of a long way to go, from tranny on an episode of Rab to the Timelord.
Quote by Demonbreed
So does that mean the Dr Who series may possibly die within the next decade?

The regeneration rule was set by the Time Lord council and seeing as there is no councl any more there isn't neccessarily only 12 or 13 regenerations.
When life gives you lemons just say fuck the lemons and bail

Quote by Duffman123
The first time I saw his name I thought it said cunt Seanula >_>

True story.
The best doctor is William Hartnel, hands down, but the best story was a Tom Baker one entitled "the robots of death".

It was set on a mining ship, piloted by a few humans and three classes of robots - black "dumbs", who couldn't speak and were given menial tasks (you couldn't do that nowadays), green "vocs", who did more important tasks, and a silver SuperVoc, who could command all of the robots.

Leela, locked in "titanium" bands

This here is SV-7.
Quote by Demonbreed

I agree with what you're saying, the Daleks were better before they got too strong.

But they've been able to ascend stairs since 1988.
The daleks. were allways too strong! but to be honest the've got too strong.
Russel shot himself in the foot with that one.

I Like stephen moffat. Please please make the next season darker and gritter and with all new monsters!
Sorry to revive this thread, but what with the new Torchwood and all, seems OK.

God damn, this new episode was good.
Taken a real step up, Torchwood always seemed like an excuse to put tits and gore in Doctor Who but this new stuff is really good.
I want to know what's going to happen with Captain Jack. I caught a glimpse of him looking burnt (obviously, having just exploded). I'm just wondering if he regenerates slowly.

And of course the all important question: Will Ianto get the car back?
I thought that was awesome. And its on every day so we don't have to wait long to find out what happens.
Quote by Sonny_sam

I remember that in the old series, loads of daleks were killed by just pushing them into a river and such. A good hearty shove and you kill the universe's most terrifying creature

On a side note, my granny met Jon Pertwee in the war and knew him really well till he died.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
The best doctor is William Hartnel, hands down, but the best story was a Tom Baker one entitled "the robots of death".

It was set on a mining ship, piloted by a few humans and three classes of robots - black "dumbs", who couldn't speak and were given menial tasks (you couldn't do that nowadays), green "vocs", who did more important tasks, and a silver SuperVoc, who could command all of the robots.

Leela, locked in "titanium" bands

This here is SV-7.

I remember that one. Bunch of robot servants go bad, the staple of billions of Doctor Who storylines, old and new (seriously, remove the fact they're robots and that's the single biggest predictably recurring theme... remember the Ood?). One of the non-speaking ones turns out to be a spy who can talk type thing, Ja?
I was expecting the car to crash past them when the kids who nicked it stopped.

I quite enjoyed it and am looking forward to the episode tomorrow immensely.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
Quote by Minkaro
And of course the all important question: Will Ianto get the car back?

Getting hunted down can wait, they need to find the car first.
Guitar: Jackson JS30KV
PSN id : craig_241
Steam
Feel free to add me!
Quote by magnus_maximus
Torchwood's cool, seen just about every episode and there have been very few 'duds'. Tonight's was pretty awesome, bit predictable though.

I think that's mostly down to the need to set u the rest of the episodes. Damn it was good though.

I'm still pissed they killed of the 2 best characters (Jack doesn't count because he's not going anywhere soon).
Quote by leeb rocks
I'm still pissed they killed of the 2 best characters (Jack doesn't count because he's not going anywhere soon).

I thought Martha Jones and Mickey were supposed to replace them.

Of course, Freebie Eggsalad has pissed off to some ITV show now, so that's buggered that up.
Quote by Minkaro
I thought Martha Jones and Mickey were supposed to replace them.

Eugh...

No...

Putting Dr.Who characters in Tourchwood wouldn't work too well. I still think it was weird seeing Tourchwood characters in Dr.Who at the end of the last series, despite how epic the finale was.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
Eugh...

No...

Putting Dr.Who characters in Tourchwood wouldn't work too well. I still think it was weird seeing Tourchwood characters in Dr.Who at the end of the last series, despite how epic the finale was.

I'd much rather they have original characters replace them, actually. The ending of Dr. Who (Mickey leaving with Captain Jack), and the fact that Martha was a nurse (if I'm not mistaken) seemed to fit.

I actually liked the idea of having that Indian guy as the new doctor, but obviously that's not going to happen now.
I ended up, against all my wishes, watching the first 5 minutes of Torchwood last night. Itching to get away, though, I heard a distinct and silly mistake.

When the young Welsh guy (one of the many gay ones. Do they have a quota on how many gay people need to be in RTD's shows?) read out the names of the countries, he said something like

Quote by That welsh bloke

Spain,
France,
Romania,
Turkey,
Tokyo

^ I noticed that as well.
Guitar: Jackson JS30KV
PSN id : craig_241
Steam
Feel free to add me!
The new episodes of torchwood are amazing ...didnt really mind see captin jack naked either :P
This new Torchwood... it's good, but I question some of the writing. Right after a massive explosion. Government agent woman walking around angrily. Two cops lean into shot. One of them goes "If she's anti-terrorist, I wouldn't mind being uncle terrorist."

HAR HAR HAR
Well, judging by tonight's episode, we're ****ed
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Is this gonna be the final series of Torchwood?

Also does anyone else think that in Torchwood some of the situations are soo dire that they need The Doctor? I mean like some of the stuff seems worse than what The Doctor does yet he doesn't help out. I mean like 35 mil kids to be given to 456, why isn't he helping out?
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.