Page 5 of 145
It's soo not the end of Torchwood. They CANNOt end it.

And I want a cameo from the Doctor in The Children Of Earth... But somehow I doubt the hopefulness of that.
Besides, how can the Doctor know about it?
Originally posted by reb_49
One spy who breaks the rules.
One Amish man who must fight to win.
both meet in the wrong place at the wrong time
RAKE FIGHTER, DRUG DEALING SPY in,
MIRPA!!!

COMING SOON
rated "R" for Rakes
<<<SingToSaveTheWorld>>>
Quote by NoTimeLeft...
It's soo not the end of Torchwood. They CANNOt end it.

And I want a cameo from the Doctor in The Children Of Earth... But somehow I doubt the hopefulness of that.
Besides, how can the Doctor know about it?

well he is a Timelord. I seem to remember him saying some random **** about knowinng about everything that ever is or ever will be. So he should know about what is happening with the 456.
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
Well it really looks like the end of Torchwood now. Jack and Gwen may have always been the main characters but I don't see it continuing now that they are down Toshiko, Owen and Ianto.

And apart from the second episode the children of earth episodes of Torchwood have easily rivaled the best episodes of Dr Who.
Doctor Who Ftw!!!
"Man will never truly be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last preist"- Denis Diderot

"some rise some fall some climb to get to terrapin "
Quote by leeb rocks
Well it really looks like the end of Torchwood now. Jack and Gwen may have always been the main characters but I don't see it continuing now that they are down Toshiko, Owen and Ianto.

And apart from the second episode the children of earth episodes of Torchwood have easily rivaled the best episodes of Dr Who.

For all we know they could come back with a new cast of characters alongside Jack. I wouldn't mind that. Seeing as Gwen is pregnant she will quit, Ianto,Owen and Toshiko are gone. I think they (BBC) are onto something too big in Torchwood to let it end. I had heard that 4 episodes for a 4th series are have been written, but they didn't start production as they wanted to see how Children of Earth fared on BBC1. Now that Russel.T.Davis isn't doing Doctor Who he could come back to write episodes for Torchwood. Anyway they are gonna bring back Doctor Who someone so surely it makes sense to keep Torchwood, it could be used in some way to sort out his return.

Quote by _bacon_

i think that Tennant plays a great Doctor and he should be kept... but of course, the Doctor must always regenerate in order to breath some more life into the series. I will be sad to see him go because he really does a great job, IMO.
Member Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.

I Play the Bagpipes.

they actually are a pleasant instrument.
IMO Torchwood is a pile of arse, Doctor Who is a pile of ****-yet-entertaining arse with a few bits of amazing brilliance in there occasionally. Usually written by Stephen Moffat, so I'm expecting it be be amazing when he takes over from the current dude.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Jul 10, 2009,
^ Steven Moffat is the guy that did the Blink episode and the other ones like that right? If so then I'm glad he's taking over. His episodes have been my favourite by miles.
Quote by Snake_42
^ Steven Moffat is the guy that did the Blink episode and the other ones like that right? If so then I'm glad he's taking over. His episodes have been my favourite by miles.

Blink was by far my favourite episode of series 3.
Member Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.

I Play the Bagpipes.

Argh, damn all you Poms... I want new Doctor Who and Torchwood now!

I can't say I agree with you on RTD, I've loved all of the new series (well, possibly excepting some of the Catherine Tate ones, and frankly, that cat burglar-cum-dutchess or whatever she was annoyed me). However, that could be because I'm so Doctor Who starved that I just take what I can get.

Can someone answer me though, what happened with his grand daughter? I remember the original Doctor said something about how he used to have a family... I always wanted to know how he got to have a grand child (presumeably there was a daughter or a son?). Anyway, when I saw the episode where Tennant was 'cloned' and they made that 'daughter', I began to wonder if the writers were going to try and tie that back in with his grand daughter, or something.

Same train of thought, but different query: when the Face of Beau (Bo?) said told the Doctor that he was not alone, was he talking about his grand daughter's family/child (remember, she stayed to marry that Londoner after the Dalek wars) or his new clone/daughter/thing? It can't have been the Master, becaused he's been killed of once and for all, and everyone else is dead. Unless there's some random timelord refugee somewhere???

Any thoughts?

EDIT: Which was the 'Blink' episode? Brief synopsis please, I don't remember it
He likes Keats but she's into Yeats - it's a matter of Romance

E-Mistress to UG's Finest Gentleman

Come away, oh human child,
To the waters and the wild
With a fairy hand in hand;
For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.
Quote by miss_muso~
EDIT: Which was the 'Blink' episode? Brief synopsis please, I don't remember it

Blink was the one with the Weeping Angels or whatever they were called and Sally Sparrow talking to the Doctor through the DVD message.

EDIT: Here's the Wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blink_(Doctor_Who)
Quote by miss_muso~

Same train of thought, but different query: when the Face of Beau (Bo?) said told the Doctor that he was not alone, was he talking about his grand daughter's family/child (remember, she stayed to marry that Londoner after the Dalek wars) or his new clone/daughter/thing? It can't have been the Master, becaused he's been killed of once and for all, and everyone else is dead. Unless there's some random timelord refugee somewhere???

He said it when the master was still alive.
Quote by miss_muso~

Actually when the face of boe said the Doctor was not alone he was directly refering to The Master as he was still alive and he and the Doctor hadn't crossed paths at that point. Oh and for us aussies they won't be airing the 3rd season of Torchwood on free to air tv. It'll only be on pay tv. But if you go on amazon you can preorder the dvd of series 3 for like $40 including postage i think. well thats what my sister got it for >.>
Quote by RSOB Bass
Thanks Andy, you're fucking awesome.

Quote by XmydyingheartX
^___^

Quote by Andrea55
Banned because I love you!

Happily e-married to RSOB Bass
E-brother to Andrea55
E-Uncle to KitKat555
Blink was the one with the Weeping Angels or whatever they were called and Sally Sparrow talking to the Doctor through the DVD message.

Oh! The one where you don't blink? I loved that episode! It's right up there with the blitz child and the Madame Pompodore one, for me.

He said it when the master was still alive.

I'd thought John Simms came before the face of Boe. My bad.

Still, whatever happened to his grand daughter after she left? I can tell from the posts that a lot of you don't like RTD bringing all the old characters back, but that would be an interesting storyline to follow up, don't you think?
He likes Keats but she's into Yeats - it's a matter of Romance

E-Mistress to UG's Finest Gentleman

Come away, oh human child,
To the waters and the wild
With a fairy hand in hand;
For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.
I love them both I can't wait for the next Doctor Who, is there a summer or christmas one or do we just have to wait till next year now?

And this weeks Torchwood has been AWESOME
I love my noob bass =]
I might buy the rest of series 1 of Torchwood. I have like the first 5 or 6 but wanna watch it again. I also might buy series 2 but not sure. Imo it wasn't as good as series 1, I think that might have been because RTD had little to do with the story whereas in series 1 he wrote the first/last episodes and the overall atory arc.

Quote by _bacon_

well. Didn't expect that from the last of the series in Torchwood.

Still I expect Jack will be back. I wouldn't be suprised if he is somehow involved in David Tennant's last episode as Doctor Who. I expect he will be wandering the universe trying to forget about everything that has happened and The Doctor will find him. They will get into some impossible situation where The Doctor will be forced to sacrifice himself, Jack of course will want to go with him but The Doctor will say something like 'Planet Earth needs you when I'm gone' and with that he will sonic him, via that watch thing, back to Earth.

Quote by _bacon_

In my opinion, this weeks Torchwood has been better than any of the other two Torchwood seasons and probably a fair few DW episodes, plainly because the story gets straight to the point, rather than having all these filler episodes that don't really relate to the big picture.
Still, wonder what is left of Torchwood now..can imagine Captain Jack will eventually come back though.
That was brilliant. This series has been the best Doctor Who/Torchwood storyline I've seen, barring the Blink episode.
People are so in denial here.

That was far to deliberate to leave room for more Torchwood. I figured it was the last season when the hub went and now with Jack gone and Gwen pregenent I see any more episodes as impossible. It's nice that they got to go out on some of their strongest episodes though. And this way it won't overstay it's welcome.
Captain Jack will come back, there will be some big story about it, or something. Maybe they'll just set up a new Tourchwood team with Jack at the helm again.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by matttt
In my opinion, this weeks Torchwood has been better than any of the other two Torchwood seasons and probably a fair few DW episodes, plainly because the story gets straight to the point, rather than having all these filler episodes that don't really relate to the big picture.
Still, wonder what is left of Torchwood now..can imagine Captain Jack will eventually come back though.

Torchwood was better than Docter Who to be honest. I really enjoyed tonight's though. Although I am now looking forward to whatever DW will be coming our way...
Quote by WARLOCK123

Also does anyone else think that in Torchwood some of the situations are soo dire that they need The Doctor? I mean like some of the stuff seems worse than what The Doctor does yet he doesn't help out. I mean like 35 mil kids to be given to 456, why isn't he helping out?

Personally that's one of the fundamental reasons I dislike the show. It's like a gaping plot hole in the very foundations of the fiction; but then I wouldn't expect much less for something that came from the mind of Russell T. Faggles.

Some of the storylines on Torchwood have been more sinister and daunting than anything the Doctor got involved in, yet they never even mention him. Not even an off-hand "Damn, I wish the Doctor were here". They've shown that these people are more than capable of handling threats alone, yet other times they crumble utterly until the magical Doctor arrives? There's consistency for you.
God, what a crap ending. Try something really obvious in the last 10 minutes which solves everything? Come on. They can do better than that. 5 great episodes ruined by the last 20 minutes. Lazy, piss-poor, typical Russel T Davies crap: build up tension fantastically then just give up when you realise you can't resolve it properly.
Last edited by webbtje at Jul 10, 2009,
Have you guys seen the next Doctor?

I'm feeling really bad about this.

But I said that before Eccelston and before Tennant haha
Quote by webbtje
God, what a crap ending. Try something really obvious in the last 10 minutes which solves everything? Come on. They can do better than that. 5 great episodes ruined by the last 20 minutes. Lazy, piss-poor, typical Russel T Davies crap: build up tension fantastically then just give up when you realise you can't resolve it properly.

Stephen Moffat would never do that
Quote by Vermintide
Personally that's one of the fundamental reasons I dislike the show. It's like a gaping plot hole in the very foundations of the fiction; but then I wouldn't expect much less for something that came from the mind of Russell T. Faggles.

Some of the storylines on Torchwood have been more sinister and daunting than anything the Doctor got involved in, yet they never even mention him. Not even an off-hand "Damn, I wish the Doctor were here". They've shown that these people are more than capable of handling threats alone, yet other times they crumble utterly until the magical Doctor arrives? There's consistency for you.

There is actually a mention of the Doctor in the final episode of children of earth. But it turns out they don't need him because the obvious thing they try in the last 10 minutes works perfectly.
Quote by ChemicalFire
Captain Jack will come back, there will be some big story about it, or something. Maybe they'll just set up a new Tourchwood team with Jack at the helm again.

i even suspect possibly a completely new show about Jack's travels. then eventually revamping TORCHWOOD could be possible.

I Play the Bagpipes.

Quote by Minkaro
Do you now?

http://www.tvsquad.com/2009/06/14/davies-says-torchwoods-season-four-is-ready-to-go/

We're lucky you're not Russell T. Davies then.

well, I would say its almost guaranteed then. They will probably start filming the first few in a couple of months. As I said I wouldn't be suprised if Jack was involved in one of the final Doctor Who episodes as a way of bringing back Torchwood. From what Jack said in the last COE episode about enjoying Torchwood too much and it being his fault that people died, I can see why people get the impression that it was the final Torchwood episode ever.

If they do carry on with Torchwood they wouldn't do it without Jack. With him you have a fixed character, whereas if they got in just normal people who could die there would be a constant changing of cast. I think that Ianto dieing and Gwen getting pregnant were basically ways of clearing out the characters who had been there from the start and leaving room for a freh group of characters. Basically it has allowed them to turn a fresh page.

Quote by _bacon_

Quote by WARLOCK123
well, I would say its almost guaranteed then. They will probably start filming the first few in a couple of months. As I said I wouldn't be suprised if Jack was involved in one of the final Doctor Who episodes as a way of bringing back Torchwood. From what Jack said in the last COE episode about enjoying Torchwood too much and it being his fault that people died, I can see why people get the impression that it was the final Torchwood episode ever.

If they do carry on with Torchwood they wouldn't do it without Jack. With him you have a fixed character, whereas if they got in just normal people who could die there would be a constant changing of cast. I think that Ianto dieing and Gwen getting pregnant were basically ways of clearing out the characters who had been there from the start and leaving room for a freh group of characters. Basically it has allowed them to turn a fresh page.

Like they did with skins? Because that worked out so well.
Quote by leeb rocks
Like they did with skins? Because that worked out so well.

I actually don't watch Skins so I havn't got a clue about anything to do with that show.

Quote by _bacon_

^It's awful. It's like Peep Show, except the characters are un-funny teenagers and instead of laughing at their awkwardness, you end up being depressed, angry or frustrated.
And while Peep Show is amazing, Skins never did it for me. It's mindless crap pandering to mindless teens and they bloody love it. The only good bit is the famous people being parents.
Quote by miss_muso~
Oh! The one where you don't blink? I loved that episode! It's right up there with the blitz child and the Madame Pompodore one, for me.

Interestingly, all of those episodes were written by Stephen Moffat.

As for Torchwood's future, didn't Martha and Mickey the Idiot go with Jack at the end of DW series 4? I know it'd be typical RTD to bring in characters from DW rather than come up with new ones, but there's definitely scope there.
If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all...

Quote by DigUpHerBones
I love you and think I just about understood what you said. Cheers.

Like Pokémon? Like threads?
Why can't Russel T. just fall in a pit and die, christ.

I mean, I suppose I can stand the whole homosexual agenda he plants in everything, but there's no way I can put up with his Welsh propaganda too.

This just in: New series of Torchwood announced. Tom Jones as lead hero.
The last episode was retarded in true RTD style. So 1) Good news everyone! We now have the technology to transmit through children, where did the technology come from you ask, who the **** cares it ended the series didn't it? 2) They never ****ing explained how the hell Clemant (sp?) MacDonald got a ****ing supernose. Jesus Christ, please Moffat come soon.
"Loathe metaphors. Pander to undereducated masses. Get doctorate, have a real conversation" Mordin Solus
Quote by Vermintide
Why can't Russel T. just fall in a pit and die, christ.

I mean, I suppose I can stand the whole homosexual agenda he plants in everything, but there's no way I can put up with his Welsh propaganda too.

This just in: New series of Torchwood announced. Tom Jones as lead hero.

maybe he will go for Scottish propaganda next time? One thing that always happens nowadays is having a gay/black/Muslim/Asian character. Its always in BBC programmes. I'm not being racist or anything but its almost like a requirment for any BBC programme to have. Look at Robin Hood, they got a Muslim girl in if I remember rightly and then had Tuck played by a black actor. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that but it does seem to happen a lot.

Quote by _bacon_

I never understood why he bigged up Cardiff. There isn't much to big up. That bit of the harbour is nice and that's about it.