Page 1 of 2
These are hard to get started.
But they can work if you have people trying.
So I made a thread for people to converse instead of those ocassional threads that disappear in 2 days.
Here is a thread for those wanting to know:

1. What is an online band?
2. What do I need to participate?
3. Other retarded questions.
4. Can I join an online band?
5. Starting and online band.

Have fun getting your bands together.

A hint for those wanting an online band:

Say something like this...
Hi I want to start/join an online band
Name-
Age-
Area (this is for time zone difference problems)-
Instrument-
How to reach me (MSN, YIM, AIM, E-Mail)-

Have fun all you musicians.

Here are links for some threads for drum programs, softwares, and some direct links to cheap recording stuff.

THE Drum Programs Thread (for those who can't get drummers):
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=741936

Recording Software List (for those who can't find a software to use):
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=369733

Portable Recording Studios (for those who don't know where to buy "something to record with"):

The TonePorts:
GX: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-Toneport-GX-USB-Recording-Interface?sku=241406
UX1: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-TonePort-UX1-USB-RecordingModeling-Interface?sku=249700
UX2: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-TonePort-UX2-USB-RecordingModeling-Interface?sku=249701

My system (Tascam):
US-122L: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Tascam-US122L-USB2.0-Audio-Midi-Computer-Interface?sku=242192

The TonePort GX is the cheapest "worth buying" recording studio on the market.

Correct me if you find any mistakes, or if any of that information is false or misleading, Thanks!

-Sam
Last edited by user_name_here at Feb 23, 2008,
OK,
1. Get on this thread and get everyone for a band (guitarist, bassist, drummer, and singer).
2. Go buy something to record with (the cheapest is the TonePort GX for $70).
3. If it didn't come with a software buy something or download one (Audacity is the best free one).
4. Make sure everyone else in the band has steps 2 and 3 done.
5. One person records something, saves it, and exports it as mp3.
6. He sends it to the next person, and they import it as mp3.
7. They record over it.
8. Repeat steps 5, 6, and 7 till you have a song.
9. Put your complete song on UG or myspace.com.

A hint for step 5 is:
Have the guitarist make a riff, pass it to the drummer, than bassist, and then the singer.
It makes everyones life alot easier (it is just hard for a guitarist to make a great riff off of a bassline).

-Sam
Name- David
Age- 17
Area- Michigan, US (Eastern Time Zone)
Instrument- Drums (can lay down a few rhythm guitar tracks if needed)
How to reach me- Email = d.z.wolters@gmail.com MSN = david.wolters@hotmail.com
Influences- Metallica, Pantera, Slayer, Slipknot, Rush, Megadeth, Lynyrd Skynyrd, AC/DC, Guns 'N' Roses,
Genre- Rock, Metal (Thrash mostly), mostly anything
Notes- I don't dig tuning under Drop D, down a whole step, BUT if its good, maybe. And my double bass isn't that great *see member title* but it IS better than before, and I can do justice to songs with double bass without it.
Main Gear:
guitars;
Gibson LPJ
Squire CLASSIC VIBE Stratocaster 60's
PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone Sheraton II

amps;
Bugera 1990, 6260
Egnater Tweaker
Last edited by drbobgfx at Feb 24, 2008,
Name-Brett
Age-16
Area Minnesota
Instrument-Guitar,Bass I'm picking up keys but I don't know all the things on how to play #s yet
How to reach me Flyboybdv@hotmail.com this is also my MSN
Influences. Boston Skillet third day Styx Van Halen Def leppard Eric Clapton Led zeppelin. but mostly Boston lol.
Note- I really like Blues and classic rock thats about it A little bit of metal is always fun though. Lowest I will ever go though like drop B but I Hardly ever go under d and I'm usually in standard. so Classic rock is my prefrence along with the Blues
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Feb 23, 2008,
OK, I have an online band with a rhythm guitar, lead guitar, vocals, bass, and drums.
We are playing metal or rock whatever fits.
But the guitarist just made a really metal riff, so I think it would sound better with a screamer.

CALLING ALL SCREAMERS.

PM,
email me at thekooliest09@yahoo.com,
MSN me at thekooliest09@yahoo.com,
AIM me at thekooliestman!
Name - Callum

Age - 18

Area - South Australia

Instrument - Bass, been playing over 2 years and practicing solidly (at least an hour a day) the whole time I've been playing. I'm self taught and have focused more on practical than theory, I have a general idea of theory but not that great knowledge of it. I plan on learning learning more whenever I get round to it

How to reach me - Email: led_zeppelin_69@hotmail.co.uk MSN: Same as email.

Influences - Geddy Lee (Rush), Paul McCartney (The Beatles) and Cris Kirkwood (The Meat Puppets) have been the biggest influences on my playing but most of the bands in my favourite bands list on my profile have influenced me in some way.

Genre - I'd mainly want to play Prog Rock or Alt Rock/Cowpunk/Meat Puppety kind of stuff (Mainly their stuff from II and Up On The Sun but all their stuff is awesome), but, I'd play most kinds of Rock or Metal.
Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
Last edited by Callum89 at Feb 25, 2008,
Alright lets do this
Name: Marshall
Area:New York (EST)
Instrument: Guitar, Acoustic and Electric
How to Reach Me: AIM, EMAIL
Influences: Killswitch Engage, Lamb of God, Pantera, Five Finger Death Punch, Slipknot, Children of Bodom, Nile, Anomalous, Slayer.
Notes: Have tryed this before with other people but no one seems to take it seriously. I want to record covers and original songs. I still have school and homework but this is next on my list. I'm serious about this and don't want any bull shit. PLEASE PM me if you want to get something going. I won't answer you in this thread.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
Name- lexie
Age- 16
Area (this is for time zone difference problems)- UK
Instrument- Guitar or vocals - Im better at vocals tbh!!! as ive only just starrted learning guitar
How to reach me (MSN, YIM, AIM, E-Mail)- send me an email on lexie@lexieangel.com, or add my msn, lexieangel@hotmail.co.uk or both
Influences: colbie callait mainly
Notes: i cant play guitar that well. but im learning :P, ive been a singer for a while and im enthusiastic at being a singer when im older .... just message me ill talk =] oh and im not very into metal. more aucustic .. and i know i cant spell :P xx
Last edited by lexieangel at Feb 25, 2008,
Name - QC

Age - 18

Area - Brazil

Instrument - playin' acoustic and electric guitars since 2003 , little bit of keys , lead or backing vocals

How to reach me - Email: tchandala@gmail.com MSN: grenniejf@hotmail.com

Influences - john frusciante,dave navarro,jimmy page,the edge,jimi hendrix,eric clapton,b.b. king
Genre - alternative classic indie experimental funk rock
Last edited by QC_ at Feb 25, 2008,
Name-Hannah
Age-14
Area-Southeast Indiana
Instrument-Rythmn Guitar
How to reach me- MSN - gothic_rock_fairy@hotmail.com
Influences- Evanescence, Three Days Grace, The Offspring, Linkin Park, etc....
Note:I wont check this thread again so either email me or PM me.
My Gear:
Schecter Omen 6
Schecter C-1+
Digitech RP250
BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone
Last edited by Evanescencegirl at Feb 25, 2008,
Name- sorcha (mostly known as gallo)

Age- 16

Area- kilkenny (ireland)

Instrument- i'm female Vocalist, i play some piano and am in the process of learning lead electric guitar, i am also a LYRICIST (if anyone needs one)

How to reach me- Email = gallopark@hotmail.com OR bulletproof.cupidx@gmail.com

Influences- metallica, korn, slipknot, linkin park, placebo, three days grace, DOPE, soil, evanescence, lacuna coil, flyleaf, seether, staind, led zepplin, deep purple.

Genre- metal, rock or anything part from country

Notes- WILL DO ANYTHING TO BE IN A BAND! (lol sounds needy but it's a life long dream for me)
i am very dedicated and would love to hear a reply from someone

Peace
X~gallo~X
i design CD covers and Band Logos.
see my website for requests and exsamples of my work
Miss Morphine Designs
Last edited by morphine-love at Feb 27, 2008,
Name- Kipp

Age- 18

Area- North/Middle Indiana

Instrument- Rythm and some Lead Guitar, Sax, Bass

How to reach me (MSN, YIM, AIM, E-Mail)- respectmyauthori_tah@yahoo.com or Cleansingthepure@yahoo.com

Influences- Kinda weird...I'm really into metal, like Killswitch, As I Lay Dying, Meshuggah, and the Human Abstract among others, but I also like a lot of indie and grunge bands...Meat Puppets, Mudhoney, the Melvins, Big Black, Of Montreal, Modest Mouse, ect. Those bands are for the "special" times

Genre- Metal, Hardcore, Grindcore, Thrash, Stoner

btw, been playing for about 4 years, sax for 6
Just because you're paranoid
Don't mean they're not after you

My stuff:
Fender Jag-stang
Schectar Tempest
Randall RH150G3
ProCo Rat
Boss MD-2 Mega Distortion
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby
Oh hell, might as well.

Name - Derek
Age - 19
Area - Arizona
Instrument - Guitar, Bass, Vocals (Screams and Cleans), Drums
Influences - Killswitch Engage, As Blood Runs Black, The Black Dahlia Murder, All That Remains, Led Zeppelin, Vertical Horizon, Coheed and Cambria, The Fall of Troy, etc.
Contact - AIM - Mirrage730
Notes - I'm up for any genres really, I can and will play pretty much anything, except country. All my gear and recording gear is in my profile/sig. PM me or message me on AIM since I'll probably not check this thread often.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Mar 10, 2009,
Name:Mike

Area:illinois, usa

Instrument:guitar(lead/rythm)

Influences:All Time Low, Mayday Parade, Rocket Summer, Cute Is What We Aim For, Dropout Year, Sing It Loud, Chiodos, These Silhouettes.

Notes:Well somtihng along the lines of the bands that i named. i like alt also. some screamo. so yea pop punk/ punk/ alt/ screamo. so just PM me would be best before u IM me on aim but jst either way.
Name- keith (male)
Age- 17
Area- Carlow, Ireland
Instrument- Bass playing for 5 years
How to reach me- Email = shankly1892@yahoo.ie
Influences- red hot chili peppers, victor wooten, the clash, john frusciante
Genre- i'll play anything
Name- keith (male)
Age- 17
Area- Carlow, Ireland
Instrument- Bass playing for 5 years
How to reach me- Email = shankly1892@yahoo.ie
Influences- red hot chili peppers, victor wooten, the clash, john frusciante
Genre- i'll play anything
Name - Tom
Age- 20
Area - Manchester but in the summer its derby ( UK )
Instrument - Guitar ( eletric and accoustic ) im LEARNING the drums at the moment too
Influences - LED ZEPPELIN, the yardbirds, QOTSA, the mars volta, BRMC, Black Keys, MC5, The Stooges etc etc,
How to reach me - email/msn tomytomtom@hotmail.com, just add me or whatever
Genre- im mainly a bluesy rock kinda guy, but i like ALOT of different stuff, not really into metal these days those, but i'll probably like what you like lol
Is there any way to do kind of like "Instant Messaging" get togethers? Like, if I live in HK, if me and my buddy in america were both online in this program, could we plug our instruments into the "instant messaging" software and hear what each other is playing?
Quote by micstarz
Is there any way to do kind of like "Instant Messaging" get togethers? Like, if I live in HK, if me and my buddy in america were both online in this program, could we plug our instruments into the "instant messaging" software and hear what each other is playing?

I doubt it very much to be honest; sending that much data in real time is usually reserved for proprietary purpose-built networks.

Name- Doug
Age- 20
Area- UK
Instrument- Guitar or bass (I'm not exactly awesome at bass though)
How to reach me- Email or MSN: DougGraham657822 (at) aol (dot) com
Influences- Infinite...starting point include: Devin Townsend; Steve Vai; Joe Satriani, John Petrucci (Dream Theater in general), Guthrie Govan, Pink Floyd, Aghora, lots of metal (Melodeath mainly)...the list could go on and on...
Genre- Metal preferably but I'm up for just about anything...I don't do jazz very well though so best stay away from that.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by micstarz

not quite...but you can hook a mic up to ur comp start a talk session and play...BUT...a time difference could be a problem, you both have to be on at the same time...
NAME: Mattia
AREA: Italy
INSTRUMENTS: guitar(main), bass
HOW TO REACH ME: PM me or write here
INFLUENCES:lots, mainly rock or blues and mainly from the 60s and 70s
GENRE:blues, rock, punk, some funk, some jazz (as for guitar, mostly blues & rock, no metal) as for bass: anything, id like to play AC\DC and classic rock stuff
name: Justin
area: san antonio, TX
instrument: rythym guitar
how to reach me: pm me or send me an email: jgtcofield@aol.com
influences: Ratt, Poison, Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Kix, LA Guns, Faster Pussycat, Skid Row, Aerosmith, Dokken, Warrant, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Van Halen, Great White, AC DC
genre: a mix of 80s glam and sleaze, classic rock, and heavy metal
Quote by thatbassist
not quite...but you can hook a mic up to ur comp start a talk session and play...BUT...a time difference could be a problem, you both have to be on at the same time...

Yeah, you could do that but there would also most likely be a delay on what you're playing and what the other person's hearing.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Anyone up for some STP, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Filter perhaps, 3 Doors Down, etc. covers?
Name: Pat McGuire
Instrument: Vocals & Keyboard
Style: Progressive Rock
Influences: Radiohead, Muse, Oasis, Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana

I have a very strong tenor voice and have been singing for about 6 years. I've self-taught piano for the past 2 years and have a very solid knowledge of music theory. I want to try covering some of the bands listed next to 'influences' and ultimately try to make music that just sounds different and creative!

I just got a bassist on board who can also has experience as a violinist.

If you're a guitarist, drummer, or you have experience with backing tracks, I want to hear from you!
Contact me @ ptmcguire@student.ysu.edu, or AIM: PMCG316
Last edited by RadioMuse23 at Sep 14, 2008,
Name: Tom
Age- 17
Area - UK
Instrument- Bass, Classical Guitar, Electric (but i suck at it)
How to reach me - swordofsteel@hotmail.co.uk - also my msn
Influences - Avenged Sevenfold, BFMV, Slipknot, Breaking Benjiman, Atreyu, Paramore, Kings of Leon.
Me: I've been playing Bass for about 3 years, classical for two and owned an electric for about a year (although i rarely use it). I'll play anything guitar/bass/drums based, and i could be convinced to do some drum and bass. I don't currently have any recordings or pics on my profile page, But i'll try and rectify that. For now i use an Ibanez GSR 200.

I'll play any covers for anyone, I don't really care what the song is, i just enjoy playing, and I'll also help with originals, but I don't have any of my own material as I work better having soming to write to rather than coming up with somthing for others to write to.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
what would that be called? a Fibson with Gender confusion issues?
Name- ask nicely
Age- ask nicely
Area - London, UK
Instrument- Guitarist and vocalist
How to reach me - PM me and ask for my msn.
experience - played with various bands, have played 10+ gigs including one to over 1000 people, usually been lead guitarist and vocalist, but can do rhythm guitar.
various influences, from metal to rock, such as smashing pumpkins, science of fireflies, too lazy to name a lot, just ask
Name - Matt Pirtle
Age - 16
Area - Missouri, USA
Instruments - Violin and Bass guitar
How to reach me - blue_dragonzero@yahoo.com or aim blue_dz

Experience - Taking college level Theory, I've played violin for 3 years, privately trained for 2. I picked up bass last winter and can already play: "The Trees", "Freewill", and "Tom Sawyer" by Rush, "Hysteria" and "Knights of Cydonia" by Muse, "Peace Sells..." and "Symphony of Destruction" by Megadeth, and basically any style of music. I will play anything, just give me a beat.

Influences - Blue Öyster Cult, Rush, Yes, Judas Priest, Megadeth, Muse, and The Offspring.
Last edited by MattZ2007 at Sep 10, 2008,
Read the DISCLAIMER at the end of this Post...
Name - Walt the Wolf
Email - WolfBlackRiver@live.com
Age - 30

Instruments - Lead/Rhythm Electric aswell as Acoustic
Gear - Fender Telecaster/Ibanez Artcore
Amps - Fender Twin/Fender Deville/Vox AC30
Pedal Board - Reverb/Delay/Jekyll&Hyde Overdrive/TS808

Software
- Adobe Audition 2.0/FL Studio

Influences
- Post Punk/Classic Rock/Rock(RUSH/Concrete Blonde/Echo and the Bunnymen/Live/Pearl Jam/Better Than Ezra

About Me: I am a lead/rhythm player(i say both because i enjoy both), who has a Post Punk style mixed with some Classic Rock influences and I have been devoting my life to Guitar for 17 years now!. I can handle leads, rhythms, some acoustic parts and currently play in a 7 piece Praise/Worship band. All my guitar parts are recorded using Mic'd tube amps, and you can hear some of those recordings at:

http://www.myspace.com/wolfblackriver

DISCLAIMER: I will not focus heavily on covers/I will not play metal or country!!!
Last edited by WaltTheWerewolf at Sep 13, 2008,
Ello everyone!!!

Name- Danny
Age- 19
Area - Mountain Time Zone in US (TX). Mainly available midnight-early morning (yes, i'm a vampire)
Instrument- Rhythm guitar, some vocals, can play bass too if needed and program drums.
Experience - Been playing Guitar for 4 years and bass for 1. Been in two local bands but unfortunately left them due to their poor commitment.
How to reach me - Yahoo email/messenger (sub-zerodeath@sbcglobal.net) or pm me here
Influences - Tool, A Perfect Circle, Muse, 10 Years, Hurt, Incubus, Breaking Benjamin, Chevelle, Avenged Sevenfold.
Genre - mainly experimental/alt/metal/heavy rock. Along the lines of the bands mentioned above. Will also do covers and acoustic.
Gear - I run a Fender Tele MIM, Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst, and Laguna LG4EC Bubinga Acoustic Electric >> Digitech Whammy >> Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah >> Rocktron Banshee Talkbox >> Line 6 POD X3 Live Processor >> Digitech JamMan Looper and use Reaper (also have audicity) for recording.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Sep 15, 2008,
Name- Kevin

Age- 21

Area: Pacific Time

Instrument- Guitar rhythm and solo, i guess i could do backing vocals but i'm not a good singer

Experience- playing guitar since 01/02, i can play metallica easily i would say, of the top of my head, the hardest stuff i can play is children of bodom.

How to reach me- message me on my UG page or aim: kevinkoolx

Influences: Metallica, Alice in Chains, Avenged Sevenfold, Trivium, A Perfect Circle, Nine Inch Nails, Tool, Ozzy

Genre: anything rock really, but none of that poppy emo gay stuff AFI I'm looking at you!

Gear: ESP Eclipse 100 guitar, Dunlop 535Q Wah, Line 6 Spider II 112 (has crazy effects on it)

Programs: Audacity
Name - Josh

Age - 20

Area - Miami, Eastern time

Instrument - Rhythm guitar, only been playing for about 4 months i think im alright
I play stuff like It Dies today, August Burns Red, As I Lay Dying, you get the picture

Gear - Ibanez rg3ex1, Amp = line 6 spider III 75w

Contact me through Aim = I smoke ciggz

or msn = enzo_0ne@hotmail.com
D;
Name: Megan

I SING.

I'd like to do vocals for a screamo/hardcore band or something electronic/poppy.

Bands I Like: Eyes Set To Kill, UnderOATH, Forever The Sickest Kids, Alesana, Powerspace, Attack Attack...... etc

Name- Jack

Age- 16

Area- South-East London UK

Instrument- Lead Guitar

How to reach me- jack_rides_lightening@hotmail.co.uk

Influences- Metallica, Pantera, Opeth, Porcupine Tree, Iron Maiden, Children of Bodom, Meshuggah, In Flames, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide

Genre- Metal of all kinds, progressive, extreme metal, hard rock, no emo shit

Notes- Can write songs for all instruments, been playing for 4 years, can improvise well, learn songs quickly
Page 1 of 2