Has anyone seen it? It's a made for cable movie and I just caught parts of it. I'm not gonna lie, it's pretty bad as a whole. It's structured very poorly, and the story is told in a very dull way.

The worst part about it was that the actor who plays Jimi is totally unbelievable. He doesn't seem mystic at all... just a dude saying "far out" and "cool" all the time. And he was obviously not playing guitar. Like it was the worst faking I have ever seen. It makes it kind of repulsive to watch.

So why hasn't there been an epic Hendrix movie? I think it would be cool if it were done right. I'm guessing the problem is finding a good young black actor that also plays blues guitar well enough to portray live performances?

What are your guys' opinions on all this?

btw if there is already a thread on this or it is in the wrong forum, sorry.
MetalMusicianAl
479 IQ
if they could make a good ray charles movie they can make a good hendrix movie
TheGuitarDreams
No, I play guitar
431 IQ
yeah, pretty bad, not even the plaster caster lady was right, if I recall it was only one?

but the part where it was like *small penis*, this one is Pete Townsend's dick....

funny ****
Team Orange

Quote by Ehh
You calling your parents assholes because they wouldn't buy you a phone with a camera? Maybe you deserve to have picks on your nips.
ibanezguitars44
Tab Contributor
2,916 IQ
dude from outkast should play jimi
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
dude from outkast should play jimi

not a bad suggestion man... but does anyone know if he can act?
imgooley
PLAY IT ****ING LOUD
4,866 IQ
Quote by Nikita, Righ?
not a bad suggestion man... but does anyone know if he can act?

He did a pretty good job in Idlewild
guitarnoobie
Banned
1,926 IQ
I was just thinking the same thing. He had his triumphs, and he had his demons. Although I think these biopics on music artists seem to get a little repetitive. They'ed have to make it different.
Jimmy94
GET ON THE SNAKE
971 IQ
I've heard rumors that lenny kravitz is playing hendrix in an upcoming movie, following the success of I Walk The Line
Carswell98
*heavy sigh*
393 IQ
Quote by Jimmy94
I've heard rumors that lenny kravitz is playing hendrix in an upcoming movie, following the success of I Walk The Line

it seems like a parade of music movies are coming out

I think Zooey Deschanel is supposed to play Janis Joplin in a movie soon too
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Dimebag22
☮ ♥ ♫
505 IQ
Quote by Carswell98
it seems like a parade of music movies are coming out

I think Zooey Deschanel is supposed to play Janis Joplin in a movie soon too

Same with a Doors movie and a Queen movie I think...

Well I guess there is already a Doors movie, but I think they might be making a new one. No idea where I heard that from though.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Ataxia
Cosmic Slop!
157 IQ
Andre3000 should play as Hendrix, if there ever was another to be made. I [think] he can play guitar too pretty well, which is always a plus. He's also got a pretty far out style, much like Jimi.

You lay me down as I go to the store
Sorrow ate me, I'm not me anymore
Play these heavens one more time
I'm not yours and I'm not mine

When you hear music after it's over, it's gone in the air.
You can never capture it again.

Chris_Parker
The jazzy rockabilly guy
1,305 IQ
Andre is my first pick, provided he can play. I dunno about Lenny. If he can act/be Hendrix, I guess.

Psh, those two should have a mutant lovechild and have him play Jimi.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
TeXaS_db
Soapbox Kings
2,331 IQ
what about that guy from "Across The Universe", thats who he was portraying was hendrix. he could act, he looked like him and he played guitar
My Music
http://www.myspace.com/theocifers
GUITARS:
Gibson ES-335
Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
1958 Harmony Hollowbody Archtop
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Danelectro Daddy-O
gopherthegreat
592 IQ
isnt there gonna be a keith moon movie? that might just be a rumor, but i heard it somewhere.....

Jack my swag
TheDev01dOne
Hard Time Killin' Floor
1,081 IQ
Yeah I've heard about Lenny Kravitz playing Hendrix in some movie ages ago.. Maybe it never got finished or something..

The old The Doors movie is awesome though, I don't think a new one would be able to top it. Whatever the actor's name is that played Jim Morrison (The guy from Top Gun.. I forget his name) did an awesome job and definitely looked and acted like Jim. I'm pretty sure he really sung on songs for the soundtrack too..

A Hendrix movie would be cool but all the music idol movies are getting a bit repetetive, it's either gotta be amazing masterpiece or it's just gonna fail and become another cliched music biography movie that no one ever remembers.