hey everyone just wonderin can tuning ur guitar into drop c stuff it cose i once heard this but ive never undestand y or how any help would b regards wispit
yes. its bad. very very bad. its so bad its illegal. not really. its kinda hard to do without a tuner or a lot of experience with tuning
it's used a LOT in metal.

that's all i really care to share about it.
My sig used to be so awesome it got me banned
Not unless you constantly change from standard E to C or any big change in tuning constantly cuz that would eventually ruin the neck.
nah it isn't bad. easiest way to do it without a tuner is tune from standard to drop d. then take eveything down a whole step. just use the low c as a reference pitch
lol, drop C is only bad if you don't have an extra pair of underpants in yur gig gear.
Quote by wispit
hey everyone just wonderin can tuning ur guitar into drop c stuff it cose i once heard this but ive never undestand y or how any help would b regards wispit

You = fail
Public school system = fail
Me = awesome
Originally posted by Neon Knight
Ramco i worship you and your awesome comment \m/
lol no tuning is a bad tuning, unless it sucks bad. drop C is a heavier sound. SOAD uses it, i think alice in chains may have used it (or C#) and KSW on some songs. maybe newer disturbed too. but try it out, some people like it, others don't. see what works for you.
the game
i love drop man its awsome but a guy once told me that it can break the neck o the guitar (but think like one o u guys its if u constantly do it ) so i might just get a second guitar one day for drop c only lol wel thanks guys
Well, Drop tunings make powerchords too easy. They make chords a little easier too (barre) and pretty much most bands use it because they think lower tunings are better, when in reality a Standard E riff written properly can be ten time heavier than a Down-tuned rhythm.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Drop C is really overrated. Most metalcore bands use it now and the use of it is getting very repetitive and annoying. : / It's only good if you know what you're doing with it.
I was a mistake!

I know...You should have been swallowed...

I was! But mommy spit me back up!

Wtf...
Its easy to tune to Drop C from standard, with out a tuner, if you know how to use harmonics. To avoid confusion i will refer to the strings as their pitches in standard tuning.

Firstly play the seventh fret harmonic on E and the twelfth fret harmonic on A, and downtune the E, until the two harmonics are in unison. Now your guitar is in Drop D. To tune it to D standard, use the fifth fret harmonic on E and the seventh fret harmonic on A and tune A down until they are in unison. You can continue the fifth fret and seventh fret thing, for D and G as well. Next play fifth fret harmonic on E, and open e, and down tune e until they are in unison. Then play fifth fret harmonic on b and seventh fret harmonic on e, tuning down b until they are in unison. Now your guitar is in D standard. Next you can repeat what you did to go from E standard to Drop D again, and you will be in Drop C.

You can continue these steps for C standard, Drop Bb, Bb standard, Drop Ab, Ab Standard, Drop F#, F# standard, Drop E, E octave Standard etc... however you will need heavier strings to go ridiculously low like this.
Quote by Your_Dad
it's used a LOT in metal.

that's all i really care to share about it.

acually just in metal core...almost exclusivly
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
i dont really like drop C much, but you should get some thicker strings and maybe take it to a shop to get set up cause it could potentially screw up your intonation...
Top lel.
Wasn't Whatever by Godsmack in Drop-C?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by wispit

It truly depends. If you want to play a lot of heavy metal, then yes! There are a lot of bands that tune down to Drop B (Slipknot, In Flames, Soilwork) or even Drop A (Nile). Its not a good idea on an acoustic guitar, though, and you need to make some adustments to your guitar in order to drop down to B and A because of string tension issues. Personally, I dont drop down to C or lower much just because I find it easier to write riffs in Standard or Drop D Tuning. But really, it depends on your preferences.
Last edited by GreaseLightning at Feb 24, 2008,
Quote by bi-ah!
acually just in metal core...almost exclusivly

so SOAD is metalcore...?
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
Drop C tuning is just as good as any tuning, if used correctly. You can write something amazing in drop C and something horrible in standard, hell you could tune the whole thing to a major chord and still screw it up. Its all relative.
u can tune ure guitar to drop c if you divide e to 1/2 den multiply energy den ***t happens its just a mess.
Last edited by doman at Feb 24, 2008,
why would drop c be bad? the only thing i could think is that if you dont get the right gauge strings, it wont sound as good.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

so SOAD is metalcore...?

so 'almost' means 'completely'...?

Drop C tuning is just as good as any tuning, if used correctly. You can write something amazing in drop C and something horrible in standard, hell you could tune the whole thing to a major chord and still screw it up. Its all relative.
I completely agree, good post.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
no its good
Quote by Kensai
Yeah one time I ordered "Led zeppelin - greatest hits" and got some real crap cd instead. Oh wait.