I hate all those forms of music and it seems everone else on this site likes them. Somebody please back me up here!

I AM NOT DISSING THEM> Its just my opinion that i dont like them.
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
Last edited by jake_1234 at Feb 23, 2008,
No, you'd be an idiot to think you're the only person here who dislikes them. There's no point in flaming them or talking bad about them though. Just go to the B&A forum and talk about whatever bands you like.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
I don't like them, but I won't bash them. I have my taste, you have yours. Lets leave it at that.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Seriously, you must be a 13 year old kid with a completely closed mind. Open it up. There's more to life than grunge, the 90's are over bud.
Creator of the Llamastack

Quote by Commodity
Seriously, you must be a 13 year old kid with a completely closed mind. Open it up. There's more to life than grunge, the 90's are over bud.

You're genre bashing also.
Quote by StreetLight3989

and so are you and wow kid not a cool choice :P but people like what they like

"Emo>Metal "

by genre bashing i mean the Emo>metal part lol
Last edited by guilty09 at Feb 23, 2008,
Quote by StreetLight3989

If I said I hated grunge I would be genre bashing, I'm just saying that there are other forms of music that he should try.
hypocrite

Quote by guilty09
and so are you and wow kid not a cool choice :P but people like what they like

"Emo>Metal "

I never said it was a fact. It's supposed be inferred that it's my opinion. I don't genre bash. Also when did I say metal was bad or sucked? I just said, IMO, Emo>Metal.
Quote by Commodity
If I said I hated grunge I would be genre bashing, I'm just saying that there are other forms of music that he should try.
hypocrite

So just because he has a Nirvana avatar he automatically only listens to Grundge?
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at Feb 23, 2008,
Quote by Ez0ph
Kill yourself

no id rather stay alive but thnx for the suggestion
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
Personally I don't care for Deah or Black Metal, but yeah I'm a metal fan. Though one of my all time favorite guitarists is Stevie Ray Vaughan, a blues man. I think people here like metal because of (in most cases) the technicality of the musicians.
While looking at a guitar magazine with some friends.

Quote by Kaleb
DUDE! Is that a Mel Gibson?!

Quote by boreamor
Don't you understand the importance of correct spelling and grammar? It's the online symbol of maturity. And you as sure as hell don't have that.
<.<

>.>

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
yeh dude seriously your a ****en idiot
Quote by Tiksi
people who think that the tuning peg things have to be straight. I went to the bathroom once, I come back, and my friend detunified my guitar, and then asked why it sounded weird. ARGG!!!

mcROFL
I loves teh metal, but i dont bash every other genre just cuz i don't like them.
My sig used to be so awesome it got me banned
Quote by StreetLight3989

So just because he has a Nirvana avatar he automatically only listens to Grundge?

Look at his sig, their basically all 90s grunge.
*sigh* maybe i should give up this ultimate guitar thing everone here hates me
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
^Just don't say you hate genres. Don't try to get people to back you. There are a lot of people who don't like Metal. Just be nice and productive. You should probably start in the modern rock forum judging by your sig.
Quote by StreetLight3989

Look at his sig fool.

Flame shields.
Man them.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
Just because you don't like metal doesn't mean you should broadcast it. Especially in the pit. Thats like say, yelling the N word in Harlem. Not a good option.
Last edited by JagStang5246 at Feb 23, 2008,
So, why did you have to post about this?

People like differant types of music. It's a part of life. Get over it.
If you go wanna start a "non-metal fans" group go ahead. It's not like I'm going to stop you.
UG'S THRASHOHOLIC DRUMMER
WRECK YOUR NECK WITH A PASSION FOR THRASHIN
Quote by Commodity
Look at his sig fool.

Wow, his favorite genre is grunge. If I was to list my favorite bands they'd all probably be of one or similar genres. People tend to like music that sounds similar to what they listen to already.
Quote by jake_1234
*sigh* maybe i should give up this ultimate guitar thing everone here hates me

No, we don't hate *you*. We hate the fact that you just had to post about it,
UG'S THRASHOHOLIC DRUMMER
WRECK YOUR NECK WITH A PASSION FOR THRASHIN
yea, metal bores the crap out of me (my oppinion). but the pit is filled with fifteen year olds, and metal is the new rebelion for kids. go to another part of the forum if you dont like it. whats the point of the thread?
I have no opinion on this matter.
I don't like Nirvana. Do you think I care whether I have people agree with me or not?

It's called opinion, everybody has them, and nobody shares them all the way down the line of life-- that's called conflict. That's a part of life. And to grow up, you should learn to stand by your opinion instead of groveling to the Pit for 'back up.'

That said, I completely disagree with your opinion, but A.I.C. is my favorite band.

Quote by Zugunruhe
yea, metal bores the crap out of me (my oppinion). but the pit is filled with fifteen year olds, and metal is the new rebelion for kids. go to another part of the forum if you dont like it. whats the point of the thread?

That would be metalcore, not metal. Metal retains a little more dignity than that.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
Quote by StreetLight3989

Quote by Commodity
Look at his sig fool.

Quote by StreetLight3989
Wow, his favorite genre is grunge. If I was to list my favorite bands they'd all probably be of one or similar genres. People tend to like music that sounds similar to what they listen to already.

*facepalm*
Just stop trying to redeem yourself. You try to set me up as a stereotypical asshole, then I shoot you down. Next, you try to strengthen your argument with an idea that applies to yourself, and you generalize it to protect the TS. I see you completely avoid the possibility that other people could like multiple genres.

Quote by Commodity
*facepalm*
Just stop trying to redeem yourself. You try to set me up as a stereotypical asshole, then I shoot you down. Next, you try to strengthen your argument with an idea that applies to yourself, and you generalize it to protect the TS. I see you completely avoid the possibility that other people could like multiple genres.

Wow, you're the idiot here. I like multiple genres.
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at Feb 23, 2008,
Quote by StreetLight3989
Wow, you're the idiot here. I like multiple genres. What's with these stupid personal attacks?

Hmm.

Quote by StreetLight3989
Wow, you're the idiot here. I like multiple genres. What's with these stupid personal attacks?

no u

See, I can do it too. You guys are morons. I like metal, prog metal to be exact. Yay! There's music I don't like, too. Oh, wait. Isn't everyone like that? Ah shi†, I'm not unique anymore!!!
e-fight! alright, i've been craving one after the whole "post pics of your girlfriend" thread ended.

popcorn anyone?
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
Quote by Commodity
Hmm.

Ok, that was hypocritical, but your argument is still weak and the facepalm was uncalled for.