I'm just wondering because I might get my sister's 1 year old ipod video, or a new nano.. but I've been told that nanos get errors and stuff... just wondering what's the average lifespan of an ipod video vs an ipod nano?
Quote by rat ears
well i did your sister so its doesn't matter

Original. Nice.
it's not really a set in stone kind of thing.. they're completely unpredictable.
hug your local pug dealer!
Its got about 5 more years left in it

Fender Strat
Alexi Laiho ESP

Quote by Doolittle
one time i masturbated into a pumpkins. needless to say
PWNED

Follower of the UG Faith, PM me to join!
If your gonna buy anything get a zune. for 250 dollars, the cost of a nano, they hold 20 times more music (80gigs versus 4gigs)
R.I.P JIMI

member of the Seinfeld fan club --pm the_experience to join
Yeah, mine has been a beast, but I hear people complain they're not durable.
I can't even remember how long I've had it, has to be over 2 years now, it's a first gen 2GB Nano. Looks like it's been in a blender. It's been dropped on concrete (many times) I've ran with it 5 days a week for the duration I've had it. and everything works fine. Scratched to hell, but it's flawless for me.
Zunes are pretty good for music and pictures and video because they have a ton of space. However, Zune's do not come with Solitaire.
My iPod mini stopped working after about a year and a half.
Quote by sLaShRoCks1314
If your gonna buy anything get a zune. for 250 dollars, the cost of a nano, they hold 20 times more music (80gigs versus 4gigs)

It's also like carrying around a cinder block, I've heard.
My iPod's tend to crap out on me often. As in a year or two.

Co-Founder of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM me or TechnicolorBoy to join.

My music --> Check it out!
I've had my Ipod nano for like, 2 years. It messes up a few times (screen froze). That's all though.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
I've had my iPod nano for 2 years.
The battery is starting to lose charge really fast now.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
Quote by -Collapse-
It's also like carrying around a cinder block, I've heard.

im pretty sure its about the size of an ipod video but its really light too and you can send music to people around you who have zunes but they only get three palys... i still think thats cool tho
R.I.P JIMI

member of the Seinfeld fan club --pm the_experience to join
I've had my ipod nano first gen 4gb for about 2 years now, and since I've kept it in a plastic case, it looks almost new. And it works great
it dpeds. i only got my nano lst summmer, but I had an iPod mini back whe those were new, and it has a cracked screen, the top fel off of it, it's been dropped on concrete and abused by in the auto lab....and it still works fine.
only thing that ended that iPod was some ****ty computer bug that got in it and ****ed up all the songs D :
"You'd stick your head in fire if I told you that you could see Hell"- Otis, House of 1000 Corpses
I have a previous generation nano, its two years old and works fine.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
my friend has an ipod, and his keeps screwing up..hes had it for 2 years..i recommend a zen. they cost the same as the 30 gig ipod, its a 30 gig too, and you can change the background, and you get the radio
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

I got the 1st Gen. Nano......still going after about 2 1/2 years...

Only minor problems, that anybody can fix (just reset it)

Scratched to hell and dented like a bitch but ol' faithful never let me down.
My Gear:

-Ibanez SZ120

-Ibanez AW40ECE Acoustic

-RMS 80Watt Amp

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You can make that in a day. Give blowjobs in your school bathroom for 10 bucks.

That's how I paid the downpayment on my car.
my second gen has taking a lot of beatings over the time ive had it.... which is about 2 years... and now when i turn it off it doesn't turn back on, so i have to reset it. that is, if it's in the mood to reset. but yeah. still works technically.
this is my sig. there are many like it, but this is mine.

Brown Sugar
my last ipod's battery completely died because i always left it on my speakers which charged it to death
Quote by Spitz13
I'm just wondering because I might get my sister's 1 year old ipod video, or a new nano.. but I've been told that nanos get errors and stuff... just wondering what's the average lifespan of an ipod video vs an ipod nano?

My sisters nano started not turning off after just one year...we have coverage on it though...

Personally I cant stand iPods and see them break down all the time...