i was thinking about getting this guitar new for $750. It sounds good, but thats through a 650 dollar amp. My question is: do i need to get a new amp for this my current amp is a piece of c**p its a drive amp 10w with 2 channels without reverb. I am looking to get a Kustom 35DFX amp new.
Last edited by Ypacifica at Feb 23, 2008,
Sounds like you have some crappy generic amp you find in starter packages from walmart. So yes definitely get a better amp
Quote by _BucketHead_
Sounds like you have some crappy generic amp you find in starter packages from walmart. So yes definitely get a better amp

yea it came in a (dont laugh) yamaha starter pack...not from walmart tho i got at my music store. so yea i might get a better amp once i can afford it.
If you are low on money and want a huge improvement for not much money, may I suggest the Roland Micro cube. It's very cheap and will sound 100x better than a starter pack amp
Honestly, I wouldn't even bother with another guitar. Whatever you have now will sound MUCH better through a new amp. If I were you I would put all the money that would go into the LP into an amp. Remember that you could have the nicest guitar in the world but it will still sound like **** through a **** amp.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.