Are there any good tube amps that are in the USD$150-250 price range? 15-20 Watts would be nice. Features don't really matter as I'm using pedals anyway.

Oh, I play rock and metal.
SX Stratocaster
Fina Acoustic
J&D Telecaster
Yamaha ERB 300 (Bass)

Digitech Bad Monkey
VisualSound H2O
Ibanez TL5
Boss DS-1
Vox V847

Kustom Dart 10FX
Laney RB1
for that price you could get a 5W tube amp....15-20W it gonna run you around 400
'To be positive at all times is to ignore all that is important, sacred or valuable. To be negative at all times is to be threatened by ridiculousness and instant discredibility.'
-Kurt Cobain
try the epiphone valve junior range, ashdown make some cheap tube amps, peavy valve king range and laney as well but i think the epi is a good place to start.
BlackHeart Little Giant Combo

/thread
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
lol theres like two tube amps on the market in that price range, the 5W epiphone (or black heart w/e the **** it is) and that .5W amp that idk what it is
Anything else is gonna be extremely expensive
Quote by RPGoof
lol theres like two tube amps on the market in that price range, the 5W epiphone (or black heart w/e the **** it is) and that .5W amp that idk what it is
Anything else is gonna be extremely expensive

Theres a lot more than just a couple tube amps in that price range. If you go used or do your shopping right theres lots of options.
The Palomino V16 is the closest you're going to get to a 15W tube amp with your budget, and I don't know if it's available by you.

Not familiar with the Singapore market... You might want to find out if there's an Epiphone knockoff available (like the Harley-Benton in the UK, or the Legacy in Australia). They have 5W, 15W, and 30W models all very cheap.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Peavey Royal 8?
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
In my experience small wattage tube amps just don't sound that great for metal. Theres a reason high gain amps have so many watts. I'd go solid state at this kindof wattage. For metal anyway. VOX XL
Quote by paranormal5150
In my experience small wattage tube amps just don't sound that great for metal. Theres a reason high gain amps have so many watts. I'd go solid state at this kindof wattage. For metal anyway. VOX XL

What?

You need to crank tube amps up man, And not everyone can crank a 100w tube amp. A cranked up valve junior has enough gain, not enough for brutal metal though, but still its a ****load of gain
exactly thats what I said... not everyone can crank 100 watts up.... and the lower wattage tube amps don't sound that great for metal. I think the solid state sounds better in that range. the valve junior doesn't sound as good as a vox xl to me or a cube even...again for metal. If I was playing on the clean channel I might would go for a tube amp in low wattage.
He plays "rock and metal," and specifically asked for a tube amp. Sounds like he knows what he wants - in a good way.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
probably because he's been reading this forum and thinks that just because its tube its always better. And thats not the case. Especially for low wattage high gain. I can almost bet he'll be disappointed. He'll be posting back in 2 weeks wondering what kinda pedals he can get to make it sound metal.
... or he'll be back wondering why he can't get decent classic rock tones out of his little SS combo.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
... or he'll be back wondering why he can't get decent classic rock tones out of his little SS combo.

My thoughts exactly.

TS how much metal are you going to play? Is the majority going to be metal? or just a small portion of your playing? And what type of metal? there are 1000 sub-categories.

The palamino or the epiphone valve junior will do you good. But try them out before you buy
id agree that the valve jr would give better classic rock tones. I just know that if he is into the kindof metal im into he wouldn't like it at all. As with most low wattage tube amps. My friend had to sell his valve jr for that reason and got a small solid state and it sounds way better.
Quote by paranormal5150

i think metal tones come more from preamp gain more than anything and the added headroom prevents a fuzzy, vintagey, creamy overdrive (from poweramp dist, too much gets fuzzy) that metalheads dont want in their tone. ive noticed this too that low wattages just dont sastify me for my metal tastes. i would love to have a small combo that would own for teh br00tals but thats not really practical or good enough sounding.

solid state's would be good i agree +1

BTW if anyone can explain why the above is true (high watts generally means metal) that would be great.
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
Quote by sum_ugly_man
TS how much metal are you going to play? Is the majority going to be metal? or just a small portion of your playing? And what type of metal? there are 1000 sub-categories

I don't really play that much metal, but when I do I play stuff like Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica. I play mainly stuff like Guns n Roses, MCR, sometimes Green Day, Linkin Park, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus.

The Blackheart looks good, I'll probably go check it out. And maybe the Peavey as well.

Thanks for the help.
SX Stratocaster
Fina Acoustic
J&D Telecaster
Yamaha ERB 300 (Bass)

Digitech Bad Monkey
VisualSound H2O
Ibanez TL5
Boss DS-1
Vox V847

Kustom Dart 10FX
Laney RB1