Ok, well, here's what i've done the past coupla days:

That was my first neck, it was just a practice, to get familiar with all the steps, It turned out pretty nice, I'm not done final sanding a filing yet, and i dont have a nut for it yet. but all in all in all it's pretty good.

I dont like the inlays, i took some acrylic and shattered it and then found random pieces of that. It was just to practice, and i did it all with an xacto and chisel. meh

Here's the body that I planned to have go with the neck:

Here's the body that I think is going to end up going with the neck:

It was a warlock that was painted like a year ago and has been sitting ever since, seems like they'd go together nicely.

Well...blablabla...I ordered enough stuff for 3 necks from stewmac, should be here tomorrow, i got 3 sets of black sprezels, im so excited! yay I just have to figure out what im gonna do for design now.
=O Monkey *steals* on a side note, nice work, never thought of using acrylic for that kind of designs.
I messed up when routing the neck pocket on the guitar with the acrylic top, double sided tape, bla

should I use it anyway and bolt it on and fill it and stuff? or should i put it on the warlock?

eh?eh?
how did you paint that warlock? its awesome?
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
hey muikoma if your struggling with taping templates, use golf grip tape from golfsmith.com, its double sided masking tape, sticks very good, and its cheaper there than from any other place.
Quote by muikoma
I messed up when routing the neck pocket on the guitar with the acrylic top, double sided tape, bla

should I use it anyway and bolt it on and fill it and stuff? or should i put it on the warlock?

eh?eh?

shoot, i say still find a way to use that thing. it's a work of art! if you don't use it i'll buy it off you.......seriously i love that thing.
"Here we are, Juggernaut."

/C/R/A/C/K/ my anti-dru...
sure, I'll sell it to you for cheap, neck too

It's about a half cm too big on the top half, where the template slid while i was routing.

I was planning on making it a set neck. I dont know if it will hold if i put filler in there so I'll probably just bolt in on now. Either way I'm going to finish it.
Last edited by muikoma at Feb 23, 2008,
how cheap. pm me about it.
looks good for a first time on the neck, what scale is it?
i like your cat, too.
lol

yeah he's a little monkey, he just jumped off the bed

It is 24 frets, on monday I'm getting my order from stewmac which has the nut for it.

Do you want it to be a built guitar with all the parts or do you just want the body and neck?

My plan was to throw some parts I have around in it, not amazing parts, stuff from a yamaha pacifica and the bcrich warlock (bronze series)
that's a good question.
i dont know. which is more convenient for you?

It doesn't really matter, what do you plan to do with it?

I can do anything to it, even go all out and put some sprezels and a nice bridge and nice pickups and all, it depends whats happening to the guitar though