I noticed some bands do this. They finish the gig or a song, and no longer need their guitar. So they toss it to someone on the side of the stage. Now I would be scared to do that with a $1000 guitar. I know many of them could go buy a new one, but still. Anybody here ever do this?
id probably throw my LP ive dropped it enough times. That reminds me of the Muse Absolution Tour DVD when Matt throws his Manson Custom into a dumpster after the show and some dude walks off with it. Lucky Bast*rd
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
But i mean, ive seen where they throw it at least 15 feet away. Ide hate to be the guy that missed it.
They probably practice catching guitars.

Anyway, that's dumb. Put your own guitar away you lazy bourgeois scum.
It's probably just for show. I would never throw one of my guitars, even if i could go out and buy a new one the next day.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Because they have the MONEY TO GET ANOTHER ONE. I mean Slash could throw guitars out his ass on stage for christ's sake (and I would take one to the face).
I've seen it done by Ed Roland of Collective Soul. Pretty sweet move IMO.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.