ok, first off i am a noob at guitar playing. but, i have some questions i can't figure out on my own.

I bought a brand new c1 schecter hellraiser this month from guitar center and a vox valvetronix 50 watt amp. i got it home and it didn't feel right. It was really high action and stiff. it also buzzed on all the strings, so i found a authorized schecter repair station and took it in. they put a new battery in, new 10-46 gauge strings, they did a whole setup on it. i got it home and i tuned it to standard tuning and checked the inotation, the sting height, the neck and the bridge everything was perfect."according to schecter" "i got a setup manual with it!" so i played for a couple weeks and retuned as needed. but now starting this week the low e 6th string is buzzing bad on the3rd to 12th fret! i checked the setup guide again and everything seems to be the same, and there is no fretting out either. i just cant get rid of the buzzing on the 6th string its driving me crazy! any suggestions?
i only noticed this because sometimes i like to play without a amp! kind of acoustic style.
thank you!
Are you sure that you don't need to raise the bridge/string height?
Yeah, check the bridge/string tension. Could be the neck though, ask what the repair guys did.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
i tried adjusting the bringe up one turn and it still didn't fix it! should i turn the truss rod for more relief?
Do NOT touch the truss rod. I repeat, do NOT touch the truss rod.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
if you only hear it when your not playing through an amp then your fine. there not ment to be played acousticly.
Quote by cliffordacdc
if you only hear it when your not playing through an amp then your fine. there not ment to be played acousticly.

True, can you hear it on clean setting? You could adjust the truss rod, that is what they are there for... But that will mess with your action to so be careful.
i just called schecter tech center and the said to turn the truss rod counterclockwise a 1/4 inch and check the gap.
any suggestions before i go to town.
Quote by theevilbk
i just called schecter tech center and the said to turn the truss rod counterclockwise a 1/4 inch and check the gap.
any suggestions before i go to town.

Yes one suggestion

DO NOT TOUCH THE TRUSS ROD!
i just cant belive it's this hard.....
the string comes through the body,over the saddle, across the neck, lays on a nut and gets tuned...
the mysterys of musical instruments!
OK, In spite of all the warnings about the truss rod, check it. I also advise leave the truss rod alone, but if it does need adjusting you can at least find out with no damage to anything. Problem is adjusting it can be risky, truss rods break easy and can cost more to repair than th guitar did in some cases. I broke the first one I tinkered with, didn't know what it was or what I was doing. Never made that mistake again...

Look down the neck, from the tuning head. You should see the neck bow slightly away from the strings in the middle. You may have to look close, sometimes it plays great and has only a very slight bow. If it bows up, toward the strings, you do need to loosen the truss rod, which is what your description sounds like might be happening. Too much upbow can cause buzzing in the middle of the neck.

Now get a capo and put it on the 1st fret, ()between nut and fret, not on top of the fret) then fret a note around the 15th, about where the neck joins the body. In the middle, 7th-9th fret or so, you should have enough clearance between string and fret (top or bottom string) to fit a thick guitar pick, some people say a credit card. IF the strings touch, you definitely need adjustment. If the strings have clearance, but only a tiny bit, maybe...it's hard to tell without having it in my hands. At any rate, you should be able to see backbow looking down the neck, if not then start checking closer by the capo/fretting method.

If adjustments are needed, here's the dilemma...you can do it if you're careful and know what you're doing but if it's not done correctly and carefully you have a chance of snapping the truss rod...repairing that is expensive enough it's only worthwhile on high dollar and vintage guitars. Expect a repair bill for $300 or more.

So, these guys are basically right, it's not good to tinker with the truss rod, but that still might be the problem so check it. If it needs adjustment, take it to the shop. In this case, the authorized repair center, if anyone else works on it you may void your warranty.

Also check for loose parts, especially tuners and bridge saddles, but I don't expect any, or it would buzz everywhere, not just on part of the neck.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
well, i got home and fretted the 1st and where the body meets and used a feeler gauge at the 7-9 and they all got about .011 gap and the neck looks like it gots a bit of front bow. so... yeah. i dont know!! thanks for the help!!!
Maybe the neck settled and moved a little because of the atmosphere change between the shop and your house. This may have moved the neck and mody a little bit. Small adjustments till its fixed. If it has separate saddles for each string the pump it up.