No not a Fender Tele with single coils (Although they do sound great for blues, country, and other stuff) but I was looking at a Schecter with coil tapped humbuckers http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-PTStandard-Electric-Guitar?sku=513042 . Anyone have any experience with it? Or could anyone reccomend a Tele style guitar that would be good for hardcore/screamo/metalcore stuff?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
there's a tele with active EMG's. its an artist series made for a guitarist from slipknot.
Quote by plucky duck
there's a tele with active EMG's. its an artist series made for a guitarist from slipknot.

I'm not a fan of EMG's or Slipknot . I suppose it would be worth a try if I saw it in a shop or something though. Just not something I think I would like. Then again, I could be totally wrong.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Check out http://www.myspace.com/jointfamily
Their guitarist uses the schecter tele.

So yea it'll do metalcore
Gear:
ESP LTD EC1000
Douglas Spad (Alder) [ custom wired with EMG and Passives ] : Kramer Striker FR424SM
Line 6 POD X3Live : Digitech Rp80 : Tascam US144
Kustom Sound (crappy ass) solid state amp
Old Steel String Acoustic (some local company)
Quote by soul_power
I'm not a fan of EMG's or Slipknot . I suppose it would be worth a try if I saw it in a shop or something though. Just not something I think I would like. Then again, I could be totally wrong.

ditto on emg's and slipknot. but the emg's would offer a fatter harder sound than a standard tele twang (which i love by the way)
Quote by Kramer1309
Check out http://www.myspace.com/jointfamily
Their guitarist uses the schecter tele.

So yea it'll do metalcore

nice, I think this might be my next guitar then. Where did you find these guys anyway ?
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
^^Well - i am from their city! :P
Gear:
ESP LTD EC1000
Douglas Spad (Alder) [ custom wired with EMG and Passives ] : Kramer Striker FR424SM
Line 6 POD X3Live : Digitech Rp80 : Tascam US144
Kustom Sound (crappy ass) solid state amp
Old Steel String Acoustic (some local company)
Quote by plucky duck
ditto on emg's and slipknot. but the emg's would offer a fatter harder sound than a standard tele twang (which i love by the way)

True but I don't really need like the all out balls in your face metal tone that most metalheads look for. I just want something with good sustain and decent bottom end. I love the standard Tele sound as well but that's not really what I'm going for with this one. I do play a lot of blues, alternative, and indie however so it would be nice to have the coil tapping and not have to switch back and fourth between my Fender Strat.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
that schecter looks similar to one of synyster gates' guitars...
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
the guy from wintersun uses a tele without Humbuckers, just a standard single coil one, and he seems to be able to get a reasonable tone, so just go for it, if u like the shape, might be an interesting mix