when i play lots of notes in a row my pick always slides away.(especially when playing it with open notes.
i know i'm holding it wrong but i can't change it any more . this is really annoying.
so does any one know if there are picks that 'stick' to you hand?
Thumbpicks are often used in blues music, country and bluegrass. You might like to try one.
Or you could just hold it tighter. I used to drop picks loads, but now don't.
I think it's something that changes eventually.
haha i used to have that problem. it used to fall in my acoustic....
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
I've seen picks with holes cut in the middle that are supposed to aid in increasing grip. Don't know how effective they are though
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by ze monsta
Thumbpicks are often used in blues music, country and bluegrass. You might like to try one.
Or you could just hold it tighter. I used to drop picks loads, but now don't.
I think it's something that changes eventually.

bt i've been playing for over 2 years :s
i had that problem before i switched to the jazz 3 picks by dunlop but its not really that it sticks to ur hand its more like u have less surface to lose ur grip on if that makes any sense lol
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
Quote by Hoodoo Child
haha i used to have that problem. it used to fall in my acoustic....

I f@cking hate that! I'll be pissed if it gets into an f hole on my Artcore...
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by civildp1
I've seen picks with holes cut in the middle that are supposed to aid in increasing grip. Don't know how effective they are though

I've done that with a few picks and it works pretty well. Just take a screw driver and a candle(keeping a lighter lit that long will mess it up if you have a cheap one) and put a hole in the pick. It'll take you a few picks to find a spot that works well for you.
You could try Snarling Dog's Brain Picks, I used to drop picks a lot when I first started and those helped me a lot.
Quote by Bottle of Dirt
I've done that with a few picks and it works pretty well. Just take a screw driver and a candle(keeping a lighter lit that long will mess it up if you have a cheap one) and put a hole in the pick. It'll take you a few picks to find a spot that works well for you.
You could try Snarling Dog's Brain Picks, I used to drop picks a lot when I first started and those helped me a lot.

thnx
OR you can just hole punch a pick for the same effect right?

(You can hole punch picks) If you were wondering =p
Last edited by Ze_Metal at Feb 23, 2008,
On my Fender Mediums, I cut some sandpaper to the shape of the pick (top 1/2 of the pick only) and super glue it on . Works well for me...

Chris
use tortex, its a different material...i like em and i think they stay in your hand better.

but i've never really had a huge issue with dropping picks.

i guess some kinda glue if its really bad..ha good luck
i like tortex...cool weird shapes

Quote by cornmancer
Quote by toine
thnx never thought about using gorilla snot :p

the most practical solutions come from the strangest places lol

that could so easily be misinterperated by those who don't bother following links XD
Quote by Heilz
When backstage and talkin to the ladies i always go with the ¨Mines is bigger than theirs¨ argument as me bro holds hes guitar and i take out my bass... It works wonders @,@

Gear list:
Squire Affinity P-Bass
Ashdown Mag300 Evo II
Boss ODB-3
Quote by Raizer Sabre
the most practical solutions come from the strangest places lol

that could so easily be misinterperated by those who don't bother following links XD

Quote by cornmancer
You might want to try the white Ibanez "Steve Vai" picks.
They're great, they have small rubber bumps on them and offer good grip.