Page 1 of 3
Is anyone else rather open minded?
I mean, my 25 Top Played includes Bowling For Soup, The Black Dahlia Murder, RJD2, Eminem, Cannibal Corpse and Vivaldi.
R E G G A E
i'd consider myself open minded, but im not sure what my 25 Top Played includes...
sup?
no i'm definitely NOT open minded...my top 25 played would include System of A Down, Metallica, Slipknot, Velvet Revolver, In flames, etc....
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
my tops would probly be mostly metal but i also listen to flogging molly n sublime n stuff like that
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
i listen to everything, as long as it sounds good and i can learn it and play along. So yeah i'd say im very open minded.
Quote by sargasm
I like to draw pictures of penises everywhere.

It makes me feel like a big man.

Proud owner of a fender deluxe player's strat - honey blonde/maple neck Here it is

Member of the Stratocaster Lovers Group
Id like to think im open minded, so long as the music is guitar driven. And there are some songs from genres i like that arent mixed how i feel they should be. Eg. The drums are to loud or the vocals are to quiet. So in that way im not open minded. But genre wise id say i am.
Not greatly diverse but it includes System of a Down, Tenacious D, Jay-z, Daft Punk, Metallica.
I'd consider myself to be a bit more open-minded than a lot of people. About the only music I don't listen to is country and jazz.
A little bit, not a lot though. Mostly alternative rock stuff but a fair bit of other stuff.

has no signature.
My Top Played is made up of Fall Out Boy, Justin Timberlake, Lupe Fiasco, Scissor Sisters, Funeral For a Friend, A Perfect Circle, 30 Seconds To Mars, The Prodigy, and InMe. So yeah, I'm very open minded.
I think the only way to get better is to listen to more types of music. Its like adding more strings to your bow etc with the diffrent styles you become familiar with. A great place to start is with film/videogame themes if you want to branch out. Theres some fantastic music in these 2 genres, film especially.
You gonna bark all day little doggie?
I'm definately very diverse

I listen to stuff like Megadeth, The Mars Volta, Lou Reed, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Massive Attack, John Williams and Necrophagist
PiT LURK3R

Quote by _Mayday_
Fellow Transformers, it has come to my attention that we have the mighty Megatron in our midst!

Ninja of the Ninja Club
Quote by Lord-Hypnos

I listen to stuff like Megadeth, The Mars Volta, Lou Reed, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Massive Attack, John Williams and Necrophagist

Massive attack are freakin awesome Teardrop is one of my favorite songs at the minute.
You gonna bark all day little doggie?
Quote by ytse Jammer
Massive attack are freakin awesome Teardrop is one of my favorite songs at the minute.

Listen to Unfinished Sympathy and Angel by Massive Attack if you haven't already
PiT LURK3R

Quote by _Mayday_
Fellow Transformers, it has come to my attention that we have the mighty Megatron in our midst!

Ninja of the Ninja Club
Quote by Lord-Hypnos

what genre are massive attack? the name makes them sound quite good
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Probably. I listen Classic Rock, Folk, Indie, Alternative, Country, Hip-Hop, Electronic. I don't listen to Metal and I don't really intend to, so I guess i'm somewhat closeminded in that sense. Indie is my favourite genre though.
Hmm kind of open to most genres... mainly metal does my day though
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
1: Protest the Hero
2: The Human Abstract
3: Dr Dre
4: Incubus
5: Paramore
6: Big Proof's solo album
7: Alexisonfire
8: Machine Head
9: Children of Bodom
10: Alter-Bridge
11:Lamb of God
12:Trivium (ember to inferno and ascendancy)
13:Pat Metheny
14:AFI
15:Foo Fighters
16:Joe Bonamassa
17:BB King
18:Gary Moore
19:Atreyu
20:Queen
21:Some trance stuff, tiesto, 4strings, madelyne and Barthezz
22:Avenged Sevenfold
23:Radiohead
24:Jimmy Eat World
25:Walter Junior (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0DAopfhSrI)

thats pretty much my usual rotation and it's not always in that order but i'd say it's relativly varied perhaps a little heavy on the metal+subgenre side of things
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by tommyt
1: Protest the Hero
2: The Human Abstract

those as your top 2 but no between the buried and me?

i am a little open minded. i dont just strictly listen to metal like some people, but i rarely go outside rock and metal. between the buried and me, killswitch engage, breaking benjamin, paul gilbert, muse, mutemath, explosions in the sky..yeah.
no particular order

Radiohead
Broken Social Scene
The Flaming Lips
Pink Floyd
Frou Frou
Zero 7
Opeth
Joe Satriani
Green Day
Dead Kennedys
Refused
Pavement
Jurassic 5
Beastie Boys
Kanye West
The Flaming Lips
Foo Fighters
Arcade Fire
Rage Against The Machine
Led Zeppelin
The Doors
They Might Be Giants
Dir En Grey
Dropkick Murphys
Sigur Rós
Quote by cloud041089
those as your top 2 but no between the buried and me?

i am a little open minded. i dont just strictly listen to metal like some people, but i rarely go outside rock and metal. between the buried and me, killswitch engage, breaking benjamin, paul gilbert, muse, mutemath, explosions in the sky..yeah.

not really into BTBAM, i know they are talented, i just don't enjoy it
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
I consider myself VERY open minded. i've been listening to tons of Opeth and In Flames and Stratovarius and stuff recently, intermingled with Air, The Faint, Kavinsky, and Fischerspooner. i also recently rediscovered Jethro Tull, Crosby Stills Nash & Young, and Chicago. and yesterday i bought Nelly's Nellyville...the first song i ever listened to on a radio i chose the station on was Nelly's Country Grammar, so goin' back to my roots i guess

oh and did i mention stuff like Luciano Pavarotti? yea.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Most people think they're open-minded, they're usually not. The same goes for nearly everyone who has posted so far.

I know you'll probably disagree, but there you go.
My top 25 most played songs doesn't show the variety of things I listen to, as it's mostly punk.

I also listen to the KLF (need more stuff like them), Beastie Boys, Run DMC, Iron Maiden, Rush (those last two not so much any more), and I have the entire Smash Bros Brawl soundtrack. And a load of VG remixes. I'm that sad
That's just off the top of my head though.
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Just some out of my frequently played list in no particular order:

Belle & Sebastian
Violent Femmes
The Kinks
Sigur Ros
Frank Sinatra
Stray Cats
Muse
Radiohead
New Order
Count Basie
Pink Floyd
Hot Chip
At The Drive In
Sam Cooke
Led Zeppelin
Fergie
Sergio Mendes & Brasil 66
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

Just Like most people, i'm biased to a few genres but I think I generally listen to many types of music.
electro music alliance

Moon of The Mighty Boosh Appreciation Society PM *Juno* to join!

Quote by The 6th String
I learned to dance by watching amputees have seizures...
Last edited by lucid_strat at Feb 23, 2008,
I try to listen to anything at least a few times. There's some things that I don't like on the first listen, and then it slowly grows on me, so I try to give things a few chances.

I'm not very accepting when it comes to dance music though. It's probably the one genre that makes me wince when somebody gives me a link to it, and that I don't expect great things from when I click those links.
Well my all times favourite bands are:

Between the Buried and Me
Paramore
Hopesfall
The Cure
Circa Survive
The Specials
Poison the Well
Four Year Strong
Dillinger Escape Plan
Tero Melos

So I guess I am pretty diverse, I'm open to anything and everything.
I'll listen to anything. But my CD collection is mostly Rock and Metal.

On my MP3 is: Alter Bridge, Feeder, Jesu, Deicide, Sunn O))), Meshuggah, Coldplay, Sex Pistols, Bloc Party, Funeral For A Friend, Byzantine, Katatonia. That's all I remember.
Opeth
Muse
Porcupine Tree
Children of Bodom
Woods of Ypres
Dimmu Borgir
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Bullet For My Valentine
Burzum
Arch Enemy
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Dethklok
Dream Theater
Steve Vai
Nevermore
Buckethead
Death
Bathory
Agalloch
Dissection
Biffy Clyro
Guns N' Roses
Amon Amarth
Killswitch Engage

From Last.Fm , top 25. (have a look if you wish)

Chili Peppers will be higher by tomorrow, been on a binge recently.

I like varied genres, my top 25 isn't a very good representation of it.

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
Last edited by Guitar_Dan_666 at Feb 23, 2008,
LIEK ONG I AM SUPEr DIVERSS IN MY TaesrTS Ov MUSIk I LIEK blak metl symphonik blak metal an brootal deth metl an also one Beethoven sONg

I AM sELF- SERVING ATTENTION ***** whO WANTS TO MAKE EveryONe THINK I HAv SUA EKLEKTICK MUZIk TASTE LOLOLSODLos

Because everyone knows if you like more than one kind of music, that means you're open-minded, and you should make a thread about it for everyone to see.
Quote by flame843
LIEK ONG I AM SUPEr DIVERSS IN MY TaesrTS Ov MUSIk I LIEK blak metl symphonik blak metal an brootal deth metl an also one Beethoven sONg

I AM sELF- SERVING ATTENTION ***** whO WANTS TO MAKE EveryONe THINK I HAv SUA EKLEKTICK MUZIk TASTE LOLOLSODLos

Because everyone knows if you like more than one kind of music, that means you're open-minded, and you should make a thread about it for everyone to see.

Are you done?
Quote by flame843

Amen, brother.
Quote by flame843
Yeah, I'm pretty much done.

I just don't see the need for these kinds of threads, They aren't funny or informative and they're just outlets for people to try and make themselves look better.

Not really.

This is the pit ie. a boredom relief. I really wouldn't look too much into it.
Page 1 of 3