I'm talking about a WH-10 here, so it's a very strong wah. It sounds awesome on clean, but then I use it with my DS-2 (on ds-1 mode) and the wah is completely drained! The only way for it to be heard strongly is if i turn the distortion completely down (which I don't want). This is my order: Guitar> WH-10> DS-2> Amp.
When I put the distortion before the wah, it sounds terrible.

Any help is appreciated.
Gear:
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
Marshall TSL-601
Squire Strat
Boss DS-2 Distortion
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

I'm in a chain of memories, it's my will
I mean I can barely hear the wah. I want it to stay really strong when theres distortion. John Frusciante can do it so why can't I?
Gear:
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
Marshall TSL-601
Squire Strat
Boss DS-2 Distortion
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

So its sounds 'drained' when the wah is first in the chain?
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
Quote by Inspired_by_Vai
So its sounds 'drained' when the wah is first in the chain?

Yes
Gear:
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
Marshall TSL-601
Squire Strat
Boss DS-2 Distortion
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

The order is ok, you're right that putting the wah after the dist pedal will sound crap, imo this is when the wah sounds drained, are you sure you're not mistaking?

If not,

Try to change your EQ'ing. When a wah sound drowns out it could be due to a couple EQ issues. Most of the times something in the sound spectrum is too extreme, too much low tones, too much high, a flat sound isn't good either.

-Don't change your amp settings yet. Start out with your pickup, go for the opposite one you've been using, avoid high tones because a wah can make those sound like crap if you're using distortion (imo).
-If there's a tone button on your ds-2, try fiddling around with that, dont go for something extreme, try 10 o' clock or 2 o' clock.
-Check your amp eq turn all 12 o' clock, maybe a little boost on the mids, just to make sure we have a pretty average setting.

Tell me if that helped out. If not, Perhaps you can tell us what guitar you're using and describing if the sound if too low, high, misses presence or anything like that.
Last edited by turinbrakes at Feb 23, 2008,
Also check the battery if you're running it from one.
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!