Page 1 of 4
Last night i went out with 5 of my friends (3 guys, 2 girls). We went to another friends house to see if they were coming out but they wern't so we stood and talked to them for about an hour. They went in so we decided to go to my friends house. We were talking about guitars and stuff and one of my friends said something about a cover of 'barbie girl' so two of them started doing a screamo version of it (stupid i know, but it was a laugh). We heard some shouting but ignored it because we thought it was some kids. We went through an underpass and started to walk up when one of our friends noticed a bunch of neds* behind us. We started to walk faster and decided to go to another friends house who was closer. Once we turned a corner we bolted which the neds decided to do aswell. So we ended getting chased for about 3 minutes gettng shouted at. One of my friends was quite slow so another just stopped. I don't know if he was just being brave but the rest of us started shouting at him to go, so he did. when we got to my friends house the door was locked so he was banging on the door so the neds decided to throw a glass bottle at us. Then we got inside and I was shaky for ages. I don't even know why cause we didn't get caught or anything
I don't know why they chased us. It could of been the barbie girl thing or you know, we were walking.

Im still really shaky. I've had ned shout stuff at me but never chase me or anything.
So, anyone else have a similar experiance with neds, or gangs in general?

*ned:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ned_(Scottish)
or
http://www.glasgowsurvival.co.uk/
Last edited by Tatakai! at Feb 23, 2008,
They're pathetic little runts who find strength in numbers because they're all so insecure and puny by themselves that they'd crap their Kappa trackies at the first sign of confrontation.

I'm sorry they gave you crap. I've never really experienced any problems myself. Just find comfort in the fact that they're more than likely going to have crap, unfulfilling lives.
i got chased by a bucnh of chavs once they didnt realise i was meeting my mates just round the corner heh heh heh
Its funny how they dont even look at you if they are on there own but when in a group they think there all hard as f*ck.
Aberdeen is even worse than Glasgow.. neds everywhere here
PiT LURK3R

Quote by _Mayday_
Fellow Transformers, it has come to my attention that we have the mighty Megatron in our midst!

Ninja of the Ninja Club
Quote by Masamune
How many of them were there?

about 8+ maybe. At first i thought there was about five but when I got to my friends house it looked like alot more.

And to think, I was going to stay in lol.
No similar experiences really, they're just ****s.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by Lord-Hypnos

What?

I seriously don't believe that :/
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
I know a guy named Ned who is really awesome. You shouldn't use that name as insult, you should use a name that is usually associated with assholes and bitches. Like.. Maybe Richard, or Ashley.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
'neds' are pathetic losers who think that everybody is afraid of them.
they should get shot on sight. bunch of cowards. and exactly what the other guy said.
when they are alone they don't know you but when they are with friends you can't even look at them or they will chase you . assholes , i f**ing hate them
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I know a guy named Ned who is really awesome. You shouldn't use that name as insult, you should use a name that is usually associated with assholes and bitches. Like.. Maybe Richard, or Ashley.

Why Richard?
Quote by Lord-Hypnos

you should visit newcastle
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Ok, Richard it is! Damn Richards.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

I dated a hot Asian gal named Ashley...but because she is no longer with me/trying to be I agree with calling them that.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Sigged.. for a lil while
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
Ohhh chavs...

Nope. Never met one, and hope never to.

The only experience I have with them is watching them behave terribly on 'brat camp'.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by GrEgUms1991
Its funny how they dont even look at you if they are on there own but when in a group they think there all hard as f*ck.

Its true they tend to hang around in packs of 30 damn them!!, kinda like last weekend wen me and 2 mates got confronted by this "pack" of them.

It ended with lots of running...
Quote by ibreakstuff
Its true they tend to hang around in packs of 30 damn them!!, kinda like last weekend wen me and 2 mates got confronted by this "pack" of them.

It ended with lots of running...

Yup, its hellish.

Luckily ive got some pretty hard mates (im a pretty hard guy myself if i tell the truth lol) so we never get any hastle really.
Quote by GrEgUms1991
Yup, its hellish.

Luckily ive got some pretty hard mates (im a pretty hard guy myself if i tell the truth lol) so we never get any hastle really.

I usualy only get shouted at or asked stupid questions (random: will you go oot wae ma mate?! me: sure. /sarcasim random: a wis kiddin on calm doon!) but never anything like getting chased so I think i'm going to have to get some tough looking friends lol.
only scotland...

altho, getting a chase is sometimes not too bad. so long as "they" are pished. which happens anyway.

dont really have any big "packs" in my area... but there was one time when we were at the park and jst happened to see the whole "yuuung teem" arrive at once. honestly it was like something from Zulu (that film) we managed to talk our way out of any fechting tho..

i know how you feel,
Quote by Tatakai!
I usualy only get shouted at or asked stupid questions (random: will you go oot wae ma mate?! me: sure. /sarcasim random: a wis kiddin on calm doon!) but never anything like getting chased so I think i'm going to have to get some tough looking friends lol.

The funniest one ive had thrown at me was "here! ma maw says your fit mate"

i was like

Supose, she was probs only about 23

Skanky stuff tho.
yes, I was in a great big park with four friends. Then, 15-20 chavs/neds ran at us. One of them started kicking out, and I thought he was going to kick me in the face.

I walked off as fast as I could. I thought that if I ran, I would attract attention to myself. So I walked. Very quickly.
just do the zoidberg thing away from them,

they will get so confused that their tiny brains will implode
Hi

Quote by iceman95
Fiddler is a god!!!! omg that's a good movie
Quote by Lord-Hypnos

Yes, but in Aberdeen you can distract them with a sheep.
Quote by Tatakai!
Last night i went out with 5 of my friends (3 guys, 1 girl).

Am I the only one to notice this?

Anywho - that sucks man. I can't stand that ****. I had something similar a few weeks ago. Was out at the mall and I was drinking my can of cherry coke. Like 5 or 6 guys were standing at a store thinking they were the reincarnation of awesome. I was looking at em for a bit and then walked back to get my bike, but then they all walked up to me and asked me why the hell I was looking at them. Kinda scary maybe but I didn't show it.
I know a few neds personally, and I've asked them why they are such dicks, and they just say they do it cos it's funny.

What a bunch of ****s they are. Stand up to them when you can find them on their own they. It's only when they have 3 more people around them than you do that they'll even think about chasing you or throwing things at you.

If all else fails, pick up a stick or something and smack them in the face with it. I've done it once or twice, and I can't say I regret it.
Me and My friends were at Wendys when some guy parked his car right outside of the window. I notice he is just staring, obviously looking for a fight. So we all just kinda smile at him and turn away. Then the punk comes in and says "You think you can talk s*** behind a mirror?" We obviously said nothing about him aside from "Hey! That guy is staring at us!" I reply with a "No...you were staring at us.....and it was weird" Then his friend bumps me in the shoulder and asks me "You talkin s*** to this guy?" He was a inch from my face so I slowly reach for my drink take a big gulp, smile and say, "Nope!".

Around this time there was a table of about 4 black guys, 1 that was about 300lbs, start noticing that this guy was being an jerk. So they all stop eating and stare at em. The guy and his friend decided to just walk away. Then we all started laughing.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 BlackJack
Peavey 5150 II
Ibanez 25W "Tone Blaster"
Fender Starcaster (Not the vintage kind, the Wal-Mart Value kit kind"

If Dimebag22 was a pie, I would cover him with whipped cream and eat his insides...
Neds are baws.
It happens to alot of people.
There ****bags when their by therselves though.
Sorry bout that mate
|-----| Gear |-----|

Ibanez RG(cnt remember)
Marshall MG30DFX
Line 6 Guitar Port

YOUTUBE PR0NZZ
Quote by Jehuty
Am I the only one to notice this?

Anywho - that sucks man. I can't stand that ****. I had something similar a few weeks ago. Was out at the mall and I was drinking my can of cherry coke. Like 5 or 6 guys were standing at a store thinking they were the reincarnation of awesome. I was looking at em for a bit and then walked back to get my bike, but then they all walked up to me and asked me why the hell I was looking at them. Kinda scary maybe but I didn't show it.

I meant there were 3 guys and another girl with me. Looking at it now it doesn't make sense haha. my bad, i'll change it

should of threw the can at them and ran
people act tough in groups but when there on their own they just walk past you. it's pathetic
Chavs are complete ****s, i was going to a party yesterday and saw about a 50 gathered outside an off licence.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by GrEgUms1991

The funniest one ive had thrown at me was "here! ma maw says your fit mate"

I don't actualy see how you would get insulted if thats what they were trying to do lol.
However annoying they are, neds make me laugh.
to donender: Yeah i would of pat my shants and walked in the opposite direction haha
Quote by Tatakai!
I don't actualy see how you would get insulted if thats what they were trying to do lol.
However annoying they are, neds make me laugh.

Nah, they were being cheeky i guess lol
Quote by Tatakai!
to donender: Yeah i would of pat my shants and walked in the opposite direction haha

Lol, yeah that is exactly what i done, but then there were some more down the street and so i just carried on walking and hoped they didn't say anything.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by GrEgUms1991

Very true.

Walked past a group of neds one time and they shouted the usual abuse, "Get a haircut faggot!".
So I turned my head slighty around and smirked.
Then they started trying to throw stones at me, they had crap aim.
Lots of stones, not even one hit.
I said to them, "At least try to aim!"

That reminds me of one time when a german kid tried to spit and throw stones at me.
Yup..he got a whoopin.
DΔC
they chased you because you ran. last week i was going to get my head "kicked in if ye dont give me a go of your guitar!!". cheers mate. for some reason i dont have a lot of trouble with neds, i have long ginger hair too. ill get the odd insult (which i usually find funny, some of them are really clever) but no confrotations.
thats sh*t man

i've not had any run ins with neds in ages, its mostly psychotic asian guys i seem to run into lol

where abouts in glasgow are you from anyway?
Top lel.
Thats why we didn't run at first and we waited untill we turned a corner so they couldn't see us run. maybe they didn see us run but, im not sure.
Yeah one of my friends that was with me has a ginger mohawk + he gets quite alot of insults
Page 1 of 4