When I'm not touching metal parts of my guitar my amp buzzes, is there a way i can stop this?
hmmmmmm
i suppose you could tae it to a shop to get sheilded/grounded if its not other than that i dunno
yeah,it might be your guitar...unplug it and play it...if theres buzzing,then there you go,

i'm not even sure whether buzzing of the guitar gets amplified...if i remember correctly...it does,well,at least with the guitar i had...
Quote by NoobOnZone
yeah,it might be your guitar...unplug it and play it...if theres buzzing,then there you go,

i'm not even sure whether buzzing of the guitar gets amplified...if i remember correctly...it does,well,at least with the guitar i had...

The buzzing comes when i'm not playing..

What does it mean to earth my guitar?
i didn't get what the other guy said too..

get a tech to check you amp? ''not playing'',by that you mean no movement of guitar? i get that too when the volume is extremely high...or when the cable is too near to the amp...try moving away from the amp?
Quote by NoobOnZone
i didn't get what the other guy said too..

get a tech to check you amp? ''not playing'',by that you mean no movement of guitar? i get that too when the volume is extremely high...or when the cable is too near to the amp...try moving away from the amp?

Thanks i'll try that.
nah, it's a loose ground wire in the guitar.

just try looking at the two wires that run to the guitar's output jack. make sure they are on correctly. if not then solder them.

after that, depending on the guitar, you would have to start looking for loose wires in the guitar, in the trem cavity if you have one, or you would have to connect a wire to your bridge and tuck the other end in ur pants to stop the noise.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
first unplug the guitar and just let the amp sit while on. if its buzzing without anything plugged in, its the amp. if it only buzzes while plugged in, then possibly the wires of the cable or guitar. if thats the case listen to what these guys are saying. lots of amps do have some buzz with higher volume levels and distortion, hard to get away from completely.
if the hum goes away when you touch metal parts on ur guitar, you got a ground loop in your guitar's wiring circuit.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
do you have it set on the single coil pickup or the humbucker?

the single coil buzzes
the humber either does not or does very little