Like many others out there, I can't afford to get an expensive guitar although I would like one, so my budget is really only $200-$250 at the very maximum. The only store close to me is a Guitar Center that doesn't carry any cheap electrics, so I was thinking of buying from one of those online things like RondoMusic or something like that. Since I can't really try them out, I was hoping someone could help.

So the big question: Which guitar can I get that will give me the most bang for my buck?
I just need okay-sounding humbuckers, (I'll switch them out eventually) preferably some form of fixed bridge, and something that won't completely fall apart on me and isn't hideous.
I don't need a sig....
Look into epiphones even the les paul custom which i once owned wasn't that expensive, about £250 UK. Try looking for second hand Gibsons aswell, i saw a melody maker for about $220. its a bit of a beginner guitar but it looks class
Quote by Hexodrome
Look into epiphones even the les paul custom which i once owned wasn't that expensive, about £250 UK. Try looking for second hand Gibsons aswell, i saw a melody maker for about $220. its a bit of a beginner guitar but it looks class

No way will he find an Epi custom for $200-250, let alone a second hand gibson. £250 is about $500 by the way
Gibson Melody Maker isn't really better than mid-range Epiphone... Plus only one pickup makes it less versatile.

Ibanez RG321 is pretty good for it's price. I think it dropped down to around 250~$280. I bough it when it was around $350 as my first guitar after compared it to Epiphone guitars of same range.
Quote by _BucketHead_
No way will he find an Epi custom for $200-250, let alone a second hand gibson. £250 is about $500 by the way

Yeah, like I said I don't think I can find anything like that in my budget. That's why I was looking into these online copies (I heard they're decent for their price)
The Agile AD 2000 (http://www.rondomusic.com/ad2000bk.html)looks nice to me but I have no real way of knowing whether it will be or not and I don't want to buy something that blindly.

I heard the Agiles in general are decent, do the cheaper ones have the same quality?
I don't need a sig....
I had an Agile 3100 imported over here to the UK and it was an excellent guitar. Brilliant quality overall, i couldn't fault it. Can't comment on the 2000 model however, but I expect they will be better quality than crappy low end Epiphone studios or juniors
I have an AL2000 and have been very pleased with it from the start and I have had it for about 6 mths now.
the best $100 I have ever spent was on my Dean Vendetta XM. I love the neck on it, and it sounds great. It's a paulina body so it's really light, and for a $100 dollar guitar it sounds great. Its a fixed bridge strat style guitar thats really comfortable to play, and within your price range you could buy two. Heres a link. Holy crap it's down to 80 bucks!
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Dean-Vendetta-XM-Electric-Guitar-103933354-i1147572.gc