I'm just wondering how a Gibson SG would be with EMG 81 at bridge and EMG 85 at neck.
I hate that everything is so much more expensive here in Sweden than in USA
Last edited by gudinge at Feb 23, 2008,
lol if im right put the 85 at the bridge and 81 at neck but with a SG should be pretty good though you a metal guy ?!?!if not get the kerry King set from slayer comes with the afterburner...20db gainbooster by a flick of a switch but overall the combo should be good
Basically every guitar with EMG's sounds like a guitar with EMG's.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Nah, shadowchild, you're wrong, you put the 81 at the bridge, in the lead position and the 85 at the neck.
Quote by El Maurizio
Nah, shadowchild, you're wrong, you put the 81 at the bridge, in the lead position and the 85 at the neck.

lol must have gotten confused lol its prety late wher i am right now so im not hinkin right LOL SORRY ATE BUT STILL KFK SET 20db BOOSTER YEAOWW!!! XD \m/
Quote by gudinge
ok thanks, i'm going to buy it some day :p

lol sweet remember..EMG Kerry King Set..KFK..20 db gain BOOSTER WHOOT!!!! XDXD
EMG + Gibson = orgasm
but still what kinda pickups are in the SG i wouldnt go replacing them if they are decent Gibson ones, what model SG?
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
it's a Gibson SG faded with 490R and 490T, i like it but i'm interested in new pickups
k yeah theyr just stock P'ups replacing them is a good option
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
you can also do double 81's which will get you a bit of a kirk hammet sound. emgs are pretty much a metal pickup seeing as not many people use them from other genres. thats not to say they dont, but alot of people seem to like other brand active pickups for stuff that isnt heavy metal.
Quote by Ali-b912
you can also do double 81's which will get you a bit of a kirk hammet sound. emgs are pretty much a metal pickup seeing as not many people use them from other genres. thats not to say they dont, but alot of people seem to like other brand active pickups for stuff that isnt heavy metal.

yea he's right its more for metal other people for other genres go for liek seymore lol dont know how ta spell it but EMG more for rock
Unsigned Records on this site has them in his SG Standard.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
I've got an 81 in the bridge of my special faded. Its much better than the stock pickups. It will sound good, especially if you are into the emg sound.
Gibson Special Faded SG with EMG 81 in the bridge
Peavey 6505
Hughes and Kettner 4x12
Maxon OD 808
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Boss Tu-2 Chromatic tuner
Boss Ph-3 Phase Shifter
The 81's sound ****ing great in sg's. One of my favorite bands does this. Of course it's for a heavy rock style or metal only.
Quote by hamish5178
Unsigned Records on this site has them in his SG Standard.

indeed!

but yeah, first, knowing what amp you have first is more important. if you got new pickups and are running them through a shoddy amp, you're gonna feel cheated out of your money.

and if you're primarily playing rock/hard rock/metal, the emg's will do great in being tight, focused, and clear. if you're looking for more classic rock/vintage sag, emg's wouldn't be the best choice. not to say they can't, but they're not the best choice for aftermarket pickups for it.

anyway, the 81 in the bridge is pretty trebley and tight, while the 85 is smooth and bassy in the neck. maybe consider putting a 60 in the neck instead of the 85 for better lead tones.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
I have an 81 and 85 in my Faded and it sounds MUCH better than those weak pickups that come in it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by El Maurizio

i put in an 85 in the bridge position of my dinky.

go on, say i'm wrong.
Quote by haz_uk
i put in an 85 in the bridge position of my dinky.

go on, say i'm wrong.

The 85 sounds great in the bridge.

Little less output and treble, little more bass. I like it.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD Viper-400
Jackson RR3
Gibson SG Voodoo
Washburn Acoustic

Peavey 6505 head.
Marshall JCM200 TSL100 head.
Vader 4x12.

Maxon OD9.
Boss NS-2.
Quote by smb
According to his profile...a 15W Fender

haha. those emgs arent going to do anything for you.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
i would get some iommi pups they are sweet as, really drivey sounding. LOve them
well i do have a crappy fender frontman 15g but i'm going to buy a better one