Okay tonight i am ordering my second electric guitar (upgrading from Encore)
I am an Indepmedient guitarist level.
Play Through a Kustom amp but thats been upgrading soon.
I am NO Metal Head but i like to play things like Van Halen/Metallica/Iron Maiden/Def Leppard etc.... and blues and finger picking classical.

Basically i want something metal but metal enough to pull of blues style if you know what i mean?

I also want a guitar with 2 humbuckers (because my Encore has 3 single coils, so i want to have an expeirnce with humbuckers)

I also want an electric guitar with a whammy bar preferbly with locking tunners.

I was looking at the PRS Santana II does that have a whammy bar with it?
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/santana-se-ii/3415

and

this Jackson DX10D- Can it pull of blues? i dunno i youtubed it and it seems like so.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/dx-10d/1216

I would of gone tomy local guitar shop but they don't do the guitars i want they basically sell- ESP LTD, Vintage, Squier, Yamaha, Aria, Deans, and 3 Epiphones. Yup all of the arn't too good apart from the Yamaha is not bad.

However i would have gone to London to try those guitars out but my dad won't travel to London just to try a guitar, i know!

THanks guys for taking your precious time can you all give me other brads of guitars with whammy bar along with locking tunners.

Thanks for taking your time again.
Quote by killedbyaspork
because there is also a gibson squire, and they don't want to get them confused
may i mention i have been playing for nearly or up to 3 years now.
Quote by killedbyaspork
question: what exactly is an "Indepmedient guitarist level" ?
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by druz15_UG

i mean like the next stage after begginers and one level below expert.

i forgot how you spell the word lol sorry.
Quote by killedbyaspork
Quote by druz15_UG

I was thinking the same thing. I think he means intermediate. Who knows.
Quote by Big_Rat
I was thinking the same thing. I think he means intermediate. Who knows.

thats the one lol thank.
Quote by killedbyaspork
uve been playing 3 yaers and have no clue about guitars =\, neways go for the jackson.
Equips:

Ibanez RG2550E
Jackson DKMG
ESP LTD EC 200 QM
Peavey ValveKing Head & Slant Cabinet
Peavey 5150
Ashdown Fallen Angel 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9
Don't you have a guitar shop near you?

Surely the best advice would be to go to your nearest guitar shop and try some out for yourself because what is important is that you like the sound and feel of the guitar, sorry but you can't get that from other peoples opinions. I would not order a guitar online without trying one out first at a local shop.
I wish I had tallent and ability.

Squier Vintage Modified Strat, Black with laquered 70s neck
Farida FLP-26
Vox VT20+
Ampkit for iPod
Jamvox (not impressed)
Quote by Andy Jarvis

Surely the best advice would be to go to your nearest guitar shop and try some out for yourself because what is important is that you like the sound and feel of the guitar, sorry but you can't get that from other peoples opinions. I would not order a guitar online without trying one out first at a local shop.

My local guitar shop dont sell good things much.
Quote by killedbyaspork
Quote by forwhomthebells
My local guitar shop dont sell good things much.

Yeah that could be a problem.

Farida FLP-26
Vox VT20+
Ampkit for iPod
Jamvox (not impressed)
Quote by Andy Jarvis

+1.

Why must you order tonight? I advise going into town and trying as much guitars in your price range, plugged into an amp of similar calibre of your own. Trust me, your own opinion > everyone elses. Although it is handy to be informed of the decent guitars.
Quote by Mwoit
+1.

Why must you order tonight? I advise going into town and trying as much guitars in your price range, plugged into an amp of similar calibre of your own. Trust me, your own opinion > everyone elses. Although it is handy to be informed of the decent guitars.

Because i have been waiting since december.
Quote by killedbyaspork
Quote by forwhomthebells
Because i have been waiting since december.

Even if you've been waiting for so long (only 2 months -.-), I would highly recommend just going about any guitar shops and trying out guitars. There is no rush in getting a guitar, you're just become impatient.

But you want my recommendation, tell us your budget first.
Quote by Mwoit
Even if you've been waiting for so long (only 2 months -.-), I would highly recommend just going about any guitar shops and trying out guitars. There is no rush in getting a guitar, you're just become impatient.

But you want my recommendation, tell us your budget first.

just under £299.00
Quote by killedbyaspork
well for your price range look at the washburn n2.
it has all that you require. plus it is able to be coil tapped so you can have the best of both worlds. plus it has a bill lawrence pickup which is real nice. there is a review in one of the tg mags.

i personally dont use a whammy. i have a floyd on my jackson and its fixed.
But hey ho.
Quote by forwhomthebells
just under £299.00

Then in that case...

- Washburn X50PRO, hardtail guitar with Seymour Duncan pickups already installed (which are worth £50 - £60 per pickup), coil taps for a more "Single-Coil" type sound and Buzz Feiten tuning system to ensure tuning stability. The picture on GAK.co.uk is pure bollocks so I advise checking google images for decent sexy pics.

- Ibanez SAS-36, strat-esque guitar with a Strat style bridge. HSS pickup combo with coil tap at the bridge. My mate has one of these guitars and the amount of tones I could get was amazing! Build quality is very nice and in person it's quite nice looking I must say.
I hope for the love of god English isn't your first language.
MARK ALL THAT APPLY:

[_] [_] [_] [_] [x]

Quote by cagnius
Shut up. Actually, higher mods...can we ban him for being a cunt?
Quote by DTOE
I hope for the love of god English isn't your first language.

lol it's not.
Quote by killedbyaspork
fender hss stratocaster can do all the things you want it to. especially PLAYING IRON MAIDEN
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by itchy guitar
fender hss stratocaster can do all the things you want it to. especially PLAYING IRON MAIDEN

Yeah but you won't get a HSS Fender Strat for that money and the Iron Maiden guitar has neck and bridge Humbuckers.

Farida FLP-26
Vox VT20+
Ampkit for iPod
Jamvox (not impressed)
Dean, esp, and epiphone are pretty decent companys, what models are available at your local?
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
www.guitars.co.uk do amazing setups and have a good choice. Check them out.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

I'd wait and try before you buy. A guitar is such a personal thing, what suits one person may not another. I waited = best decision ever made.

I would look at a HSS Fender Strat, should just be in your budget.
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Quote by Madsalty
I'd wait and try before you buy. A guitar is such a personal thing, what suits one person may not another. I waited = best decision ever made.

I would look at a HSS Fender Strat, should just be in your budget.

Don't know about anywhere else in the world but unless it's second hand you will not get a HSS Fender Strat in the UK for £300 that's MIM Standard Strat money

Farida FLP-26
Vox VT20+
Ampkit for iPod
Jamvox (not impressed)
Quote by Andy Jarvis
Don't know about anywhere else in the world but unless it's second hand you will not get a HSS Fender Strat in the UK for £300 that's MIM Standard Strat money

<< Fender Fat Strat >>

^^ I thought that was close enough

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Quote by Volta_91
www.guitars.co.uk do amazing setups and have a good choice. Check them out.

I live 5 minutes away from them. Great shop, but really really busy. Much too busy to be a 'local' shop if you what I mean.
Quote by Madsalty
<< Fender Fat Strat >>

^^ I thought that was close enough

Yeah apologies I thought they were nearer £400, could be worth the extra £40.

Farida FLP-26
Vox VT20+
Ampkit for iPod
Jamvox (not impressed)
go for the Jackson if you have to have one of those. I don't see why you ruled out Epiphone when you want to be able to play metal and bluesy crap, same with low end non Dimebag deans they can be pretty good for the price, and considering you want to play Metallica and Metallica uses ESPs i don't no why you ruled them out either, just go out try guitars please, your local store sounds like it may possibly have some good guitars if you gave them a chance. And if you have a guitar with single coils why don't you play blues on that and then use your new guitar for heavier crap?
Quote by Andy Jarvis
Yeah apologies I thought they were nearer £400, could be worth the extra £40.

Yeah no-probs, i live in the UK and researched extensively into buying a mex standard/fat strat, before buying the squier < weird ey? Well not so, i fell in love with the squier it plays better than any standard mex or american strat i've ever played (mainly due to pro-setup, fret dressingand custom reverse wound hot noisless pickups). It has history, ageing beautifully, has that vintage tone and better still i had an opportunity to support my local businesses. So waiting and not buying the first thing i saw on the internet really paid off.

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Ok thanks guys i think i am going to take my time and not tush into things, and look more into Washburns
Quote by killedbyaspork