im soo happy! i cant wait! im getting a new bass tomorrow. its my first one and ive been waiting ages. its not exactly a beginners bass i dont think. http://www.guitarcenter.com/item/expandedimage.aspx?t=4&img=Ibanez/437189jpg.jpg it was $299 (not including tax) i dont have an amp yet but thats what im saving for next. its an ibanez SRX2EX2. its on its way here from you guys in the USA (i live in australia). after my months of saving it all pays off

i just wanted to know if anyone here could share some light on this guitar. i couldnt find anything on the 2EX2, and very little on the 2EX1. ive heard they are made in indonesia, which i am doubtful about, as many people claim ibanez make guitars in all sorts of wacky places. all information, querys and "you are a spoiled little bitch" are accepted!
you are a spoiled little bitch...happy??
Too tired and lazy to bother with a sig, Sorry.
Looks surprisingly like my SRX390.

You will NOT be dissapointed. Ibanez makes good basses.
"Acoustic Guitars are totally lame and not metal"- Nathan Explosion
Quote by pix_dement
you are a spoiled little bitch...happy??

asshole

:p

i will try and get sound clips, but my computer goes screwy when i try and record. i suppose miking my guitar amp when i have the gain at 9 isnt a good way of recording. plus i dont have a bass amp. anyone know of any cheap ones i can get. just for a practise amp. gigs will be done at school for a few years at least.
Quote by Twone_
Looks surprisingly like my SRX390.

You will NOT be dissapointed. Ibanez makes good basses.

i geussed so. my ibanez guitar is awesome so i thot they would go well together. just wondering, this thing should be alright for slap and pickstyle right? learning to use a pick is always good for bassists as long as you can do fingerstyle well. if you break your middle finger you wont be able to get as much speed playing fingerstyle. my solution? pick!
Quote by Ali-b912
i geussed so. my ibanez guitar is awesome so i thot they would go well together. just wondering, this thing should be alright for slap and pickstyle right? learning to use a pick is always good for bassists as long as you can do fingerstyle well. if you break your middle finger you wont be able to get as much speed playing fingerstyle. my solution? pick!

This thing is good for anything!

And I found a solution to play the fast, double-picking stuff without using a pick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS7NXRQXem4

Go to about 4:00.
damn. i also play piano. NO FINGERNAILS :O

and the constant biting them doesnt much help either....
yay for you, you spoiled little bitch :P i have to wait til next saturday to get my first bass cuz i get paid on friday and my dad said he'd go with me to pick it up cuz he drives and i'm getting it from the local shop. much easier that way, i feel :P
Quote by Heilz
When backstage and talkin to the ladies i always go with the ¨Mines is bigger than theirs¨ argument as me bro holds hes guitar and i take out my bass... It works wonders @,@

Gear list:
Squire Affinity P-Bass
Ashdown Mag300 Evo II
Boss ODB-3
the reason i actually got this bass instead of a really cheapy one was because i saved up planning on getting a squier or ibanez bass pack (about 700 AUD) but then my dad was going to the states and we figured it would be cheaper for him to take the 350 AUD i had with him and get me a bass while he was there.

i plan on learning me some cliff burton and entwistle stuff
Congratulations! I got also my first bass yesterday, ESP LTD F-104. My right hand fingers are like in fire, cause Ive played a lot. Gotta say it's awesome and suits for metal.
Last edited by peewt at Feb 23, 2008,
Quote by Ali-b912
damn. i also play piano. NO FINGERNAILS :O

and the constant biting them doesnt much help either....

I don't have much of fingernails either. Actually, I think grown fingernails harm my playing.
Quote by peewt
Congratulations! I got also my first bass yesterday, ESP LTD F-104. My right hand fingers are like in fire, cause Ive played a lot. Gotta say it's awesome and suits for metal.

i love esp basses. especially those newish b104 or whatever they are. deluxe LTD b ones of some sort. they cost about 2000 bucks here tho and i couldnt find a US dealer.
Hope u enjoy the world of bass Ali-b912

tis a a freakin awesome instrument

and msot Ibanez basses are pretty good, so there ya go
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Congrats on the new bass! I have an Ibanez and it has served me well--be sure to post up some soundclips when you have a moment.