I got some money to spend for another guitar. Can spend up to about $1000 U.S. but would rather stay lower. Times are getting tighter and money counts.

Been considering a Gibson SG. I've got a Les Paul Standard. Love it of course. Looking for something a little faster. Schecters appeal to me. Both the Classic and the Hellraiser lines seem pretty cool. Gibson SG is the revered rock guitar of course. Having a hard time here.

I play everything so if you ask me what I play I'll say rock, jazz, accoustic, would love to learn some metal with arpeggio use (really admire some of the younger guys who are good at that). Thanks.
The shecters are nice but since you really like you LP I would go with the SG.
Quote by killbox2490
HOLY S**T! There is a switch hahahahahha. Thanks Red Wing. Now you're probably going to quote me for being so retarded

CLAPTON IS GOD
Try some out and see what you like.. I personally perfer the shecter necks, but I think an SG sounds better.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
You should play both and see which one feels and plays the best. I tend to find SGs feel different from most guitars. I have a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser that I love so I happilly recommend it.
Gear:
Fender Deluxe American Strat HSS
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Fender Acoustic

Marshall DSL100 Head
Marshall 1960B Cab
Blackstar HT-5 Combo
Vox AC4TV Combo
schecters have a different feel than lps or sgs its more fender like i think.... but i would go with the schecter theyre cheap but good (if good enough for a7x, good enough for me :P )
Any of you guys use SGs for harder driving rock or metal? How do they stack up against the classic in that category? I know its hard to find people to comment who have both guitars. Conversly, how does the classic do on cleans/warm tones?
Hey.

I play a Les Paul Studio, and a friend of mine has the SG Standard.

Other than the fret access, there isn't a HUGE difference in playabilty. The necks are very similar.
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
Schecters are total ownage. Get a C-1 Elite and be happy for life. Forget gibson, they are over-rated.
Dean Z-X Fund: $50 out of $200 (25%)

My Gear:
Guitar: Schecter C-1 Elite
Amp: B-52 ST-6012
Pedals/Other: BOSS Dynamic Wah, BOSS Metal Zone MT-2

Massive Failure
id personally go for a schecter c1 classic - pretty versatile
Gear:
ESP LTD EC1000
Douglas Spad (Alder) [ custom wired with EMG and Passives ] : Kramer Striker FR424SM
Line 6 POD X3Live : Digitech Rp80 : Tascam US144
Kustom Sound (crappy ass) solid state amp
Old Steel String Acoustic (some local company)
Quote by nonjonron
Any of you guys use SGs for harder driving rock or metal? How do they stack up against the classic in that category? I know its hard to find people to comment who have both guitars. Conversly, how does the classic do on cleans/warm tones?

you can use an SG for metal but you would prolly want to switch out the pickups because it may be too bright (from my experience). the classic is a great guitar and owns on the hellraiser in every category IMO.

i dont have both guitars but i have played both side by side. the classic had a MUCH warmer tone than the gibson SG IMO. the classic has coil tapping so the cleans are beautifal. i say get the classic.
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!