Well the RG2228 is available off Thomann.de, the Stef 8 is bound to be overpriced but ESP have release concepts for a regular 8 string Horizon shaped model the FM-408, only downfall with that is that its going to be 25.5 scale but it is priced at around $1000 (£500 or so)

Can i just ask if you have had experience with extended range guitars before, for the simple reason that they arent for everyone and especially the 8 string (as i've found out recently) is a whole other world.
Halo Guitars makes 8 strings pretty cheap.

However, I have heard they are pretty terrible though, or it may just be their quality control is really bad because I've heard a couple people say they thought they were decent to good.

I wouldn't recommend them because I don't think there would be any way to try one without buying it directly from them, just including it for the sake of completeness.

I'm not sure what ESP guitars are available in Europe, they should have dealers over there, especially since so many of their endorsements are from Europe.
Quote by Matheau
Halo Guitars makes 8 strings pretty cheap.

However, I have heard they are pretty terrible though, or it may just be their quality control is really bad because I've heard a couple people say they thought they were decent to good.

I wouldn't recommend them because I don't think there would be any way to try one without buying it directly from them, just including it for the sake of completeness.

I'm not sure what ESP guitars are available in Europe, they should have dealers over there, especially since so many of their endorsements are from Europe.

Yeah the Halo octavia models have seen a lot of problems recently leaving the factory, thanks god mine only needed a serious set up to make it playable, plus their customer service sucks, luckily i bought mine second hand so i got it without any hassles.
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
Can i just ask if you have had experience with extended range guitars before, for the simple reason that they arent for everyone and especially the 8 string (as i've found out recently) is a whole other world.

Yeah, I play 7-strings quite a bit in store. Lately I've been listening to the few artists that use 8-strings and if it's not a lot of trouble I would like to own one.
Yeah its worth just checking, you see the amount of people who buy 7+8 string guitars, never playing one before, then get rid of them very quickly because they cant justify using the extra notes...
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
Yeah its worth just checking, you see the amount of people who buy 7+8 string guitars, never playing one before, then get rid of them very quickly because they cant justify using the extra notes...

Yeah I understand. I find myself trying to play Fear Factory's entire discography on six strings. It's very upsetting.