Page 1 of 2
Hi, I mostly listen to metal and such but the other day a friend showed me Infected Mushrooms
I don't like all of it, but I really like the song called Heavyweight. So I was thinking that some of you maybe knew some other stuff like that?

Thank you for helping me out!
Daft Punk
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Family Force 5 is good, they are still heavy, but pretty electronic. Altho some of their songs do seem a bit like kids songs. The Postal Service is good, altho idk how much youll like Ben Gibbard's (?) voice, as he also sings for Death cab for Cutie. The Prize Fighter Inferno is an awesome band, being the side project of Coheed and Cambria's singer Claudio Sanchez.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
There's a guide and a thread on this page. Look next time.
Last edited by MastaBassist10 at Feb 23, 2008,
^i'm on the verge of reporting you, you're being needlessly offensive and your guide, while helpful, ain't that big.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by raise_the_dead
^i'm on the verge of reporting you, you're being needlessly offensive and your guide, while helpful, ain't that big.

Hmmm?
By Jove! I must be hallucinating!
check out the thread on skweee in the "other" forum.. really cool electronica
Quote by oak
check out the thread on skweee in the "other" forum.. really cool electronica

I'll skwee if I can find that thread, but I cant skwee that it'll be any good.
If you want more psytrance stuff like IM check out Shpongle and 1200 Micrograms.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
^Yeah, but Shpongle is more ethnic chillout stuff. Pretty cool nonetheless.
Yeah, most of it is ambient but if you get the right songs......

TS, check out:

My Head Feels Like A Frisbee
The Nebbish Route
A New Way To Say Hooray
Star Shpongled Banner
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Basshunter!
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
check out lcd sound system,
also try arcade fire, hot chip, daft punk stuff like thats pretty cool
If you like the more aggressive side of metal, check out:

DJ Distance
Vex'd
Evol Intent
Counterstrike
Limewax
Spor
Quote by raise_the_dead
If you like the more aggressive side of metal, check out:

DJ Distance
Vex'd
Evol Intent
Counterstrike
Limewax
Spor

Ewun
Technical Itch
Maybe even Current Value, but honestly.... he's just annoying (in my opinion, you like might like him.)

Raise, have you heard EI's Police State EP? Call to Arms is fantastic, definately metallic.
http://www.myspace.com/policestateep
Thank you for all your replies, helped alot!
Some of it I didn't like, and some I liked.. and some I haven't even got time to hear yet:-)
i know that i'd love electronica if i could find the right stuff to listen to. i love trippy, dreamy, narcotic sounds...but most of the dance music out there is way too repetetive for me. i'm probably looking for pop songs with this sort of production. i'm a fan of a few trip hop groups, but again, i only like a fraction of it. can anyone help?

also....i prefer slower stuff.
Quote by MastaBassist10
Ewun
Technical Itch
Maybe even Current Value, but honestly.... he's just annoying (in my opinion, you like might like him.)

Raise, have you heard EI's Police State EP? Call to Arms is fantastic, definately metallic.
http://www.myspace.com/policestateep

Some CV stuff is ok. I think it would be interesting to drop one of his tunes in a set to really intensify it, cause a mosh-pit, but only every now and then. Seriously, it's a bit too pots and pans.

And yeah, the Police State EP is goooooooooood. I think it's worth getting for Flipside and Street Knowledge alone.
Addicting =/= good.
Quote by agreth_3rd
i know that i'd love electronica if i could find the right stuff to listen to. i love trippy, dreamy, narcotic sounds...but most of the dance music out there is way too repetetive for me. i'm probably looking for pop songs with this sort of production. i'm a fan of a few trip hop groups, but again, i only like a fraction of it. can anyone help?

check out these guys if you like slow trippy electronica;

http://www.myspace.com/hundarnafransoder, kind of dub electro, check out opus dei!

http://www.myspace.com/limoniousjr; nice nice stuff.

http://www.myspace.com/102670709; some really hot ****
Quote by agreth_3rd

Try some Boards Of Canada, sort of like Trip Hop but with a more Electronic feel. Or try the Selected Ambient Works 85-92 album by Aphex Twin, it's like Ambient Techno.
The Knife

They aren't really similar to the Infected Mushrooms track you mention, but it's stil electronic...
check out STS9, they are a good jazz/electronica group whose stuff is trippy and is very dancable. It is also not repetitive and though they jam it isnt one person noodling, the group improvises melodies that just mesh with eachother perfectly, and their concerts are some of the best ever.
Quote by Broken_Drum
The Knife are great, especially We Share Our Mother's Health.
Trentemoller remix, big ups!

I love tech house
Quote by Broken_Drum
I forgot about that remix. Would it be worth checking out some of Trentmoller's original stuff aswel? Any reccomendations?

Yes. Nam Nam EP is cool, but its not really house.
Quote by Broken_Drum
I forgot about that remix. Would it be worth checking out some of Trentmoller's original stuff aswel? Any reccomendations?

I found an all Trentemoeller mix which was really good. I can track it down if ya want.
Page 1 of 2