Page 1 of 2
So far I can play most of Master of Puppets, some Black Sabbath songs, and Symphony of Destruction. What are some others that I might be able to play. BTW I've only been playing for a month.
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Omerta
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
If you ever considered dropping your tuning, try "Omerta" by Lamb of God. It's by far their easiest song.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

dont worry about learning songs after only a month of playing. work on technique

Example:
-1 finger per fret rule
-hammer-ons/pull-offs
-alternate picking/economy picking
-THEORY!@!@!!@!@!@
-bending properly/vibrato
-etc
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by red_hot_chili18
crazy train.

crazy train is not that easy
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
One and Nothing Else Matters are easy Metallica songs. Colony of Birchmen and Wolf is Loose are two awesome songs by Mastodon. Altho i doubt you could pull off the Colony of Birchmen solo, and theres one somewhat difficult run in Wolf is Loose. But that'll just help you learn to use all of your fingers and help your speed a bit.
Master of Puppets - practice the opening chords to improve your speed and ability to find frets

Crazy Train - maybe not 'easy' but if you practice the opening riff it sounds really satisfying, and makes your fingers faster

Iron Man - Good song just to rock out too, fun to play and pretty easy - you can impress people who don't know anything about playing guitar with this one

Smoke on the Water - Not really metal but easiest song I can think of

Sunshine of your love - Intro, it is fun to play and instantly regonizable.

Don't be like me when I got my first guitar, for the first year I never tried to learn anything and was damned to playing my own sh*tty songs all on the low E string.. Just a few months ago with my New guitar I started to get actually serious and learn (I had some learning to do lol)... So don't slack off like me, because you'll be a 2 year in guitarist and have 6 months experience >_>
Dean Z-X Fund: $50 out of $200 (25%)

My Gear:
Guitar: Schecter C-1 Elite
Amp: B-52 ST-6012
Pedals/Other: BOSS Dynamic Wah, BOSS Metal Zone MT-2

Massive Failure
Quote by Fuzzbox91
crazy train is not that easy

The intro is VERY easy.
Unholy Confessions - Avenged Sevenfold.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
Laid to Rest by Lamb of God...if you can either hammer on/pull off the D string very well or pick at a fantastic tempo.

Well, I can play it : /
For a month, Laid to Rest might not be all that easy. Omerta definitely though.
Quote by shredforbread33
Unholy Confessions - Avenged Sevenfold.

Dude, I have been trying to get this song for a while now. I am pretty new, but this song requires me to speed up, use alternate picking, use pinch harmonics, and there is that verse that my hand is clearly to stupid to fret comfortably. While this song isn't rocket science, It certainly touches base with with some fantastic fundamentals. In short, I can't play it yet. For a beginner, I would probably recommend Critical Acclaim.
crazy train...hard? its only four chords for the whole verse part and then like a power chord or two in the chorus? it was one of my first songs...try aint talkin bout love by van halen its all just messing around with teh a minor chord...nightrain by guns n roses...detroit rock city by kiss...photograph by def leppard, wild side by motley crue, purple haze by jimi hendrix...its just a riff and then three chords, no more tears by ozzy...walk by pantera, bad mmon on the rise by ccr...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
For Whom The Bell Tolls - Metallica
Enter Sandman - Metallica
Walk - Pantera
Mouth For War - Pantera
My Gear

Washburn Dime 2st =D
Vintage VHE100 Cherryburst (It will be mine)
Eastwood LA125-EBL Acoustic =D
Yamaha 10w =(
Unmarked Classical Acoustic =D
Zoom G2.1u Pedal =D
You can play most of MOP after a month?
Current situation:
Proud owner of Jackson JS30RR and Roland Cube 30X
Cowboys From Hell - Pantera
Cemetery Gates - Pantera
Jump In The Fire - Metallica
Dying In Your Arms - Trivium
She Wolf - Megadeth
Quote by metalgirl0
Cowboys From Hell - Pantera
Cemetery Gates - Pantera
Jump In The Fire - Metallica
Dying In Your Arms - Trivium
She Wolf - Megadeth

cowboys from hell and cemetary gates aren't that easy for a person that's new at playing....the solos especially are far from easy to learn

try "enter sandman"- metallica
Quote by Starchild_ex4
Dude, I have been trying to get this song for a while now. I am pretty new, but this song requires me to speed up, use alternate picking, use pinch harmonics, and there is that verse that my hand is clearly to stupid to fret comfortably. While this song isn't rocket science, It certainly touches base with with some fantastic fundamentals. In short, I can't play it yet. For a beginner, I would probably recommend Critical Acclaim.

that maybe so but while working on the song you gain a TON of skills needed to play metal. When I learned the song it opened up alternate picking, palm muting, pinch harmonics, and also better knowledge of reading tabs. Even if it takes awhile it's a great song to help you unlock the world of metal.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
In Flames - Trigger
In Flames - Behind Space
Judas Priest - Painkiller (except for the pain-in-the-ass-solo)
Rage Against The Machine - Killing in the name of (not really metal, but it's an AWESOME song to learn)
Slayer - Raining Blood

some easy songs some require downtuning a bit, but that shouldn't be a problem
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by MasonB15
Yes believe it or not
Thanks for all of the suggestions guys! I'll be sure to check them out. BTW what do you think of this guitar? I'm considering buying it
http://www.michaelkellyguitars.com/hex_xt.html

Get an amp before a guitar. it will help yor tone and make you sound like less of a noob
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by sdmf5150
For a month, Laid to Rest might not be all that easy. Omerta definitely though.

ive been playing for over a year and i cant even play laid to rest
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by seizetheday1103
ive been playing for over a year and i cant even play laid to rest

I've been playing almost 3 years and I can't...Then again I'm bad at alternate picking...I can down pick pretty fast though....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
"Smoke on the Water", "Sunshine of Your Love" by Cream, "Enter Sandman", and "Walk" by Pantera are all pretty easy to play.
Quote by MasonB15
So far I can play most of Master of Puppets, some Black Sabbath songs, and Symphony of Destruction. What are some others that I might be able to play. BTW I've only been playing for a month.

I highly doubt that you can play any of those songs after just a month of playing. Especially MOP.
Be cool.
I got a buddy that has been playing for a few months and it looks like he is awkwardly trying to stab hus guitar when he is plucking. If he tried to play MOP, someone would get hurt.
why do you guys think master of puppets is so hard? its all power chords except that one little riff...the solo isnt hard either, its not even that fast, he doesnt do any crazy techniques or anything...its just a basic metalica song, chug the e string, insert a riff, then chug the e string more and throw in power chords, then randomly solo up and down the e pentatonic blues scale...thats the formula for all metallica songs...its not special or hard...either you guys have low standards for challenging...or you all are very slow
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by thedude051
I highly doubt that you can play any of those songs after just a month of playing. Especially MOP.

Are they really that hard? It sure doesn't seem like it...Like Bi-ah! said, its mostly power chords, then chug the E string.
Quote by bi-ah!
why do you guys think master of puppets is so hard? its all power chords except that one little riff...the solo isnt hard either, its not even that fast, he doesnt do any crazy techniques or anything...its just a basic metalica song, chug the e string, insert a riff, then chug the e string more and throw in power chords, then randomly solo up and down the e pentatonic blues scale...thats the formula for all metallica songs...its not special or hard...either you guys have low standards for challenging...or you all are very slow

I really wouldn't say the solo isn't hard.Definetaly not 'randomly solo up and down the e pentatonic blues scale'.
Current situation:
Proud owner of Jackson JS30RR and Roland Cube 30X
Quote by bi-ah!

it's a difficult song to play perfectly. lots of time changes, some weird parts (spider riff!), and everything downpicked in crazy speeds.

And the solo is definitely not an easy one. jeez
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by myearshurt
a tout le monde - megadeth
Seconding this. First metal song I learnt to play all the way through.

If you're not opposed to 'sort-of gothic' metal, Nightwish's Wish I Had An Angel is easy as piss but will help improve your natural timing and rhythm immensely. Lacuna Coil's Swamped is also easy, and will teach you the importance of quickly and cleanly killing a string or chord.

Though really, I think you're best off first learning more just standard or classic rock (many people have suggest Sunshine Of Your Love, which is definitely a good one to learn), and then moving up to metal. If you go jumping in the deep end trying to shred and tear the house down right away, chances are you won't learn any of the techniques properly and you'll develop bad habits. You can just start off playing slowly and getting faster, but I think it's more fun to just learn an inherently slower song so at least you have something you can properly play along with while you're still building up speed.
Last edited by bokuho at Feb 24, 2008,
Quote by bi-ah!

lol, stereotypical Dragonfarce fan

Master of Puppets is a hard song to get perfect.
Page 1 of 2