So I' ve done it, but the actual tremelo system is sitting alot higher than it used to, and the action has changed drastically, what do i do?

I want the tremelo back to where it was for a start, it looks ridiculous like this,
i think i know how to change the action.

help please
look at the FR guide (it should be stickied at the top of this forum)
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Feb 23, 2008,
tighten the screws at the claw in the back of the guitar, this should increase the tension in the springs and bring the trem back to neutral.
Nah ive messed it up a thinkl, i took the [panel off the back and unscrewed 2 screws attached to the springs, assuming thats what you guys were talking about, but it's not really fixed it and ive totally messed the action up.

could someone post diagrams or a better explain please.
Quote by sdmf.1919
Nah ive messed it up a thinkl, i took the [panel off the back and unscrewed 2 screws attached to the springs, assuming thats what you guys were talking about, but it's not really fixed it and ive totally messed the action up.

could someone post diagrams or a better explain please.

Whoa whoa whoa, you weren't supposed to unscrew then completely. Try to keep those two screws as equal as possible in terms of how far they're in or out. Those screws help to adjust the tension that is placed on the bridge. Screw them in and you'll get more tension, loosen them and you'll get less. This is how you adjust where the floyd rose "floats". Heavier gauge strings will require more tension so you would tighten the screws, having lighter gauge requires less so you would loosen them. They should never be completely out or in.
Have you restringed with a heavier gauge?

Anyway. you are suppose to tighten the screws not unscrew them. Also, remember to tune down while you are tightening.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.