12 34%
Seymour Duncan Blackouts
15 43%
DiMarzio D Activators
5 14%
Other- Please state which one.
3 9%
Voters: 35.
This has probably been done before, but I searched and found nothing.
I play thrash metal and Im upgrading my pickups from Hzs.
I have a ESP LTD F-250. Its made of agathis- probably spelled wrong

Should I get
Seymour Duncan Blackouts
Emg 81-85s
Dimarzio D activators
Or other?
CLICK ME shred on
SPEED = POWER
!THRASH METAL REVOULTION!
Last edited by skydemon666 at Feb 23, 2008,
Actives sound like ass, but if that's your thing...

And that's all the response you get. WTF, don't even list the guitar you're putting them in!

You kids get dumber and dumber by the minute. >.<
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by HavokStrife
Actives sound like ass, but if that's your thing...

And that's all the response you get. WTF, don't even list the guitar you're putting them in!

You kids get dumber and dumber by the minute. >.<

Sorry sir. I have an ESP LTD F-250. Its made out of agaithis.-spelled wrong
CLICK ME shred on
SPEED = POWER
DON'T PUT ACTIVES IN AGATHIS.

It will sound so cheap and sterile, you will want to go back to your old pickups
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Quote by poopsmith666

It will sound so cheap and sterile, you will want to go back to your old pickups

+1.

Matter of fact, try and avoid agathis altogether. New guitar?
dude if you put actives in anything IMO it sounds terrible and dull...unless your into that sound...i would suggest a set of passive seymours duncans...they sound the best...or try dimarzio...those are your best brands of pickups
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by poopsmith666

I highly doubt Ill ever want to go back to my ESP take on EMG Hzs. They are terrible.

Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
+1.

Matter of fact, try and avoid agathis altogether. New guitar?

No. I love my guitar so much. Sure I wish it was mahogony, but its not and there's nothing I can do about it.
CLICK ME shred on
SPEED = POWER
Quote by skydemon666
I highly doubt Ill ever want to go back to my ESP take on EMG Hzs. They are terrible.

No. I love my guitar so much. Sure I wish it was mahogony, but its not and there's nothing I can do about it.

Well, there's nothing much you can do about making it not sound like ****, then. Agathis is a low- quality wood, and wood comprises at least 60% of your tone. You can't polish a turd.

Suggestion- Buy new guitar, see how amazing it sounds compared to the ESP, and lose fondness for your guitar.
i choose other

passive seymour duncan setups such as the jb/59 are the best.
they arnt so sterile. and they will give you the endless distortion im sur you crave. if u dont belive me the bloke from lamb of god uses passive seymour duncans in his signature jackson. so did dimebag. but passive will be more expressive.
Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick
D Activators, they give you an active pup sound but without using active pups, and seeing as you've got an agathis guitar you'll want passive pickups otherwise it'll sound plain.
Unless your guitar is a higher quality wood, ie Mahogany, then putting actives in it won't do you many favours, and to be honest, I find that even then, the same set of actives in a Les Paul and something like say, an Ibanez, will push them pretty close together sound wise, as actives generally have a set sound, whereas passives allow for more of the guitar to shine through, so in that respect, I'd choose the D-Activators from what you've listed, although, with all the pickups out there, I reckon there are a lot better pickups for metal.

Look into some high output passives, maybe a Dimarzio D-Sonic, or an Evo, Duncan JB's would probably serve well also. And as suggested earlier, I can pretty safely say that given the right amount of patience, you will find a guitar that you like a hell of a lot more than your current one.
Funny words.
dave mustain signature live wires actives from seymour duncan
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone