i was looking into these:

Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion

Big Muff

Fuzzface

Digitech DF-7

for a nirvana, queens of the stone age, sound.
Big muff is nice. It's more of a fuzz/distortion though, not plain distortion. Better try it out before you buy it just to make sure that's what you're looking for

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
Check out Damage control solid metal

Or Rocatron Silver Dragon
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Ds-2
Quote by Jaymz_515
One of my friends was thrown into the sun by a teacher for speaking in the library.
Quote by sloppyjoe24
Big muff is nice. It's more of a fuzz/distortion though, not plain distortion. Better try it out before you buy it just to make sure that's what you're looking for

i do need some fuzz for for the qotsa-ish sound. as long as the Big Muff is versatile enough... you think it is?

edit: little question on the side; would the EHX Small clone chorus pedal work well as a pedal for slight delay, aside from the Kurt sound?
Last edited by Raziel123 at Feb 23, 2008,
Small Clone has no delay at all.

Big Muff is a nice mix between dist and complete fuzz, it will work well for what you need.
For the sound you're looking for, I'd go for the Boss DS-2, or the DF-7. The DF-7, in my opinion, is a little more flexible, since it has 7 distortion models built in, two of which are the Boss DS-1 and the Metal Muff. Don't quote me on the Metal Muff, though. I'm pretty sure it's either the Metal Muff or Big Muff. One of those Muffs, anyways. lol.

I've used both and they worked pretty nicely for me. Just test them all out and see what sounds better to you.
Quote by Raziel123
i do need some fuzz for for the qotsa-ish sound. as long as the Big Muff is versatile enough... you think it is?

edit: little question on the side; would the EHX Small clone chorus pedal work well as a pedal for slight delay, aside from the Kurt sound?

Pedals like the Muff are really just for one sound, but it'd do QOTSA well, IMO.

The Clone is a chorus, not a delay.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Big Muff ftw. Sovtek style.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by rhcp_freak
Pedals like the Muff are really just for one sound, but it'd do QOTSA well, IMO.

The Clone is a chorus, not a delay.

but would it do nirvana? what if i coupled it with the small clone?

i have a hard time trying pedals cause the few shops around here basically have behringer and boss pedals only, with the exception of a line 6 here, digitech there.

(in case you're wondering, im going to order the pedals from thomann)
Quote by Raziel123
but would it do nirvana? what if i coupled it with the small clone?

i have a hard time trying pedals cause the few shops around here basically have behringer and boss pedals only, with the exception of a line 6 here, digitech there.

(in case you're wondering, im going to order the pedals from thomann)

It probably could, yeah. Cobain used a DS-2 most, and it's what I use for that stuff, coupled with my Deluxe Memory Man, but you should get really close with the Clone and Muff, the Clone was his most used pedal, and he's used Muffs.

But before anything, what amp do you own?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
atm, a crappy practice Crate 15watt amp but im gonna buy a Peavey Valveking 112 when i get the pedals.

btw, i know behringer is crap but someone recommended me the Behringer PB1000 as an unixpensive pedalboard that can power up to 12 effects pedals. kinda wary though... would you recommend a different one?
Big Muff, it'll get you closest to the QOTSA sound.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Quote by Raziel123
atm, a crappy practice Crate 15watt amp but im gonna buy a Peavey Valveking 112 when i get the pedals.

btw, i know behringer is crap but someone recommended me the Behringer PB1000 as an unixpensive pedalboard that can power up to 12 effects pedals. kinda wary though... would you recommend a different one?

Just buy a daisy chain adaptor, and make your own board from a chunk of wood.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
daisy chain adaptor? sorry for the n00bness, never used individual pedals before.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by Raziel123
i see. get that to connect the pedals. but what about a power supply?

Oh sorry, my pic didn't really explain that, hold on.

EDIT: You can buy ones like this.

Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Last edited by rhcp_freak at Feb 23, 2008,
a daisy chain is a power supply, you plug a standard pedal adaptor into that lead and then you can power multiple pedals
POST FINDER
but a standard pedal adaptor doesn't have enough power to supply diferent pedals, am i wrong? i mean, they're meant to power just one. im confused

edit: oh i see, that pic cleared it up. thanks, cheers man!
You can buy one that powers more, see my edit on the first page. That's a Diago Powerstation.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
i think it just depends on how many m/a the adaptor supplies and how many m/a you pedals need
POST FINDER
Quote by mattreid222
i think it just depends on how many m/a the adaptor supplies and how many m/a you pedals need

Oh yeah, and that. I remember powering two pedals at once with one adapter, before I got my daisy chain one.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by rhcp_freak
Oh yeah, and that. I remember powering two pedals at once with one adapter, before I got my daisy chain one.

wut?
POST FINDER
http://www.thomann.de/gb/digitech_ps0920_netzteil.htm

would this do? or does it only work with digitech pedals?

or would something like this be a better choice? http://www.thomann.de/gb/dunlop_jb10_juice_box_power_supply.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gb/line6_px1.htm line6 only? 2000mA ...

http://www.thomann.de/gb/boss_psc.htm

etc

im asking about these cause i can't find any Diago, Godlyke or 1spot, im guessing they're not available in europe.
Sovtek big muff ftw, will deffinately do what you want.

BUt there is no adaptor jack for them. You'd have to pick up one of these

to let you plug into a power supply.

Also i'm sure the standard NYC big muff (And most full sized EHX pedals) have an 1/8" adaptor jack. So youd need

Any standard 9v DC power supply should work fine for powering your rig.I myself jsut use an adaptor I got from asda and a few cheap daisy chains to power 7 pedals. 1000mA should be enough for most rigs providing you use analogue pedals. Any of those ones should do fine. Besdies the Lin6 seeing as its AC...
Last edited by beckyjc at Feb 24, 2008,
Quote by Raziel123
could you help me find one of those 1/8" adaptor jack on thomann.de ?

By that I mean you want the USA Muff, but take into consideration that the Sovtek is preferred by many.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
i can only find the USA one... and i'd like to order everything from only one place too cause of the shipping costs.
oh yeah, forgot all about that one. so if i get the little big muff there's no need for that adaptor jack 1/8"? or are there quite a few pedals that need it? does the small clone?
Nope I dont think so. But the small clone does, as does the stone, and original grail (Comes with its own supply though).

None of the Nano or XO line need it though.
Quote by rhcp_freak
Oh sorry, my pic didn't really explain that, hold on.

EDIT: You can buy ones like this.

how much does that cost (USD) and where could i get it?
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.