I got a wah pedal for christmas and it just so happens it doesnt work................so i need a new one what type i play in a hardcore band and I was thinking about a distortion pedal
Well, definately look into distortion, but chances are you'll never get heard unfortunately unless you know how to eq everything and everyone right. I would personally suggest the Ibanez PD7 Phat-Hed Overdrive/Distortion Pedal, as it's a really crazy distortion, with lots of bite. Just make sure you get a 'Bass' distortion pedal, otherwise it will just be a waste of your money.
I am a lucid dream to the illusionary slumber
Wading in a cesspool of forgotten memory
An insignificant host to the collective subconscious

~Sacred Slumber
Quote by mhylands
Well, definately look into distortion, but chances are you'll never get heard unfortunately unless you know how to eq everything and everyone right. I would personally suggest the Ibanez PD7 Phat-Hed Overdrive/Distortion Pedal, as it's a really crazy distortion, with lots of bite. Just make sure you get a 'Bass' distortion pedal, otherwise it will just be a waste of your money.

i was looking at that one does it matter about the tuning (DROP C)
It just makes it even more important to get a bass specific pedal.

I would recomend the Fulltone Bass Drive. Not so much distortion as overdrive, but you can get a lot of it, and it sounds great.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Overdrive would be better than distortion in a heavier band, IMO. Doesn't totally bury you under distorted guitars. +1 to the Fulltone, although the PD7 is alright if you're on a budget. I have one, and the overdrive setting is pretty good, although it does make your bass sound like a totally different instrument when on - it colors your tone a lot.