Hey everyone, I was wondering something, when the pros record do they record it going through the whole song in one take or do they record each section of the song such as Intro, Verse, Chorus, and etc.

And I was wondering how do you get drum tracks of GP, I've heard of Audacity, but don't know how to do it and the recording software I use is calle Live Lite Line 6 edition ( Came with toneport) and I've tried putting MIDI tracks in it, but I can't seem to get them to play.

Can somebody help me plz

Thx.
Jackson JS30RR
Epiphone Flying-V, Goth Series
B.C Rich Warlock
Line 6 Half - Stack Combo

one take ? hardly any bands are that good...nah they split it up loads.
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
i use guitar tracks pro 3 for my recordings, but audacity works the same. You have to export your drum tracks in GP5 as wave files if you want the RSE sound.
Quote by Hoodoo Child
one take ? hardly any bands are that good...nah they split it up loads.

+1
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
It's well simple, you change your default sound capture device to 'Stereo Mix' in your sounds devices in control panel. Then go to File > Export > As wave file browse to the folder yo uwant to save the file, then click play and it records. Only thing is, any other sounds your computer makes, for example on MSN, or warning tones, will be in the recording, so you've go to just leave it to record, and do nothing on the computer until it's finished.
Alright cool, thx, and yea I was pretty sure that they splitted it up. My dumbass friend and I were arguing about it and he was saying they tooking one take.

lol Thx
Jackson JS30RR
Epiphone Flying-V, Goth Series
B.C Rich Warlock
Line 6 Half - Stack Combo

Quote by Gibson_Player93
My dumbass friend

you got that right
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Use REAPER. Its the best free recording software out there.

And The Fall of Troy did their self-titled in one take. Thats why the production sucked, but its still awesome.