Alright guys, I'm thinking about getting my hair chemically relaxed, it's really healthy, it's just really curly and unmanageable sometimes, I was wondering what salons offer this?
EDIT: I forgot to mention I live in the states, riverside, california to be specific
Last edited by solitaryshell90 at Feb 23, 2008,
Quote by Tom_hatton
I had mine done at a place in Wolverhampton for about £30. Its kickass when its done

I live in the states
Quote by solitaryshell90
I live in the states

Try any African-American places. Not to be racist or anything (I'm half Jamaican) but it works best on black hair in general so yeah... dig out the phonebook.
Quote by Tom_hatton
Try any African-American places. Not to be racist or anything (I'm half Jamaican) but it works best on black hair in general so yeah... dig out the phonebook.

haha, I used to get this kits called "african pride" I'll see what I can do, but I don't think any of those places exist around here
Quote by solitaryshell90
haha, I used to get this kits called "african pride" I'll see what I can do, but I don't think any of those places exist around here

If not you'll just have to ring up a normal salon and see what they can do. You might not need it done tbh... do you just have a white man fro or something?
Quote by Tom_hatton
If not you'll just have to ring up a normal salon and see what they can do. You might not need it done tbh... do you just have a white man fro or something?

haha, "mexican fro" maybe, well, my hair is really curly, and I'm tired of alway wearing a beanie and tying it back
Quote by solitaryshell90
Alright guys, I'm thinking about getting my hair chemically relaxed, it's really healthy, it's just really curly and unmanageable sometimes, I was wondering what salons offer this?
EDIT: I forgot to mention I live in the states, california to be specific

I think your local Regi's could do it. I think you should have one if you live in the states.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by solitaryshell90
haha, "mexican fro" maybe, well, my hair is really curly, and I'm tired of alway wearing a beanie and tying it back

Fair enough. Just checked out your pics, it should work pretty well. I tell ya, its so cool once its finished, you'll be checking your hair constantly in shop windows!
california? you should have NO problem finding a good salon. just bring some hefty cash...
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Quote by Kid Fisto
california? you should have NO problem finding a good salon. just bring some hefty cash...

Hefty cash? I paid £30 ($60) for mine, the first time as well.
Quote by Tom_hatton
Hefty cash? I paid £30 ($60) for mine, the first time as well.

chi transformation costs $350
I'll just get it done with a regular relaxation kit