Honestly Im really excited about this one, I think its te best one Ive done so far, link is in the sig to it. Will offer my opinion on yours too!
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Delay
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
hey ledrose!good stuff man.I'm not normally an acoustic folk guy,but the song just had a certain campfire ambience to it that i couldn't explain.The doubled vocals sounded smooth as well and you have a nice set of pipes going for you.(very soothing and pleasing to the ears).The guitar melody was very nice as well.Some nice simple arpeggiated lines.Good job.Here's my stuff-not done yet and still in progress.
http://www.myspace.com/nathanelhaleproject
much like the guy above me im not ALL that in to folk but i can defintly appreciate anything on an acoustic guitar ...sooo overall i thought it was really soothing ...may have dragged on abit but i guess thats just b/c i favor stuff thats a bit more upbeat so i guess thats not necessarily a problem...my favorite part was the part that starts at 5:10 and some other spots i beleive ... i thought thats where ure vox were defintly the best...overall tho it was a nice chill song and was enjoyable to listen to
Thanks to both of you for your generous opinions, Im actually thinking about redoing the vocals for the verses to make them more like the singing in th two 'choruses' but havent really decided yet. I have already commented on a piece by both of you, and had a listen to the rest, good stuff by both.
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
Keep in mind this isn't my cup o' tea:

Guitar chord progression sounds nice. Doesn't hold too much depth, though... seems a little too simplistic. The chorus just kicked in. Your lyrics are strong, but your rhythm pattern on guitar needs more meat in my opinion.

It sounds like you added some odd effect to your voice. It just doesn't sound right. (Sorry if that's what you naturally sound like! :P ) Maybe try an extremely light delay with 2 echoes that have a medium-large decibel reduction if you're looking for that "mysterious" effect for your voice.

That little solo was pretty chill. I liked it.

In total: It was relaxing. I did enjoy it. Like I said though, a different voice effect and some stronger rhythmic patterns on guitar are what I'd recommend to sort of "Beef up" the song a bit.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=794936

-Dan
The vocals sound very good, but I agree that there's some weird effect... The chorus is cool; nice rhythmic change there. Some of your acoustic playing sounds a bit sloppy, but I'm sure it'll get better in time when you develop your guitar skills. I wasn't too fond of the guitar's tone either. All in all, it's a good song that holds a lot of potential but I think it still needs some work. Keep it up!

Check out mine? http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=792417
if you mean the beginning, i recorded the begininning a while ago and since it was in the same key I made it the opening. O and my strings are basically laying on my frets, but I do understand what your saying, thanks for the heads up.
O and I checked out yor profile, dig the stuff, but couldnt actually listen to 'panama' because it said it wasnt available yet on last fm.
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
Last edited by ledroses23 at Feb 23, 2008,
bump for boredom
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
First thing, the lyrics kind of put me off, honestly it reminded me of Tenacious D at the start, which for me isn't good. But, having listened to the whole track, I can't really say anything else negative. The guitar work is good, an organic, traditional vibe, and the vocals are quite
well done, and you've got a bit of a Celtic melody going on. Quite a tuneful wee solo too.
Not something I'd call great, but a decent track, definitely something worthy of a listen.
Crit mine if you can https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=796639
So many possibilities, so little ability.

Quote by Asthia
You know you're a guitar player when you tell your father what note he's yelling at you in and then improvise over the top.