i've been lookin to get a new strap for my american strat because the one it originally came with broke. i've read a lot of stories about people having regular straps break while they're playing and dropping the guitar. is this going to be a problem with all regular straps? i was also considering getting straplocks instead. any suggestions?
- fender american stratocaster (w/ fender '69 custom shop pickups)
- vox ac15
- dunlop crybaby 535q
- ibanez TS808 tubescreamer
Definitely get them, you'll never go back. I quite like Dimarzio cliplocks, although you can't get any interesting designs with them, really. Just solid colors.
Do get straplocks. I've got Schaller ones, though they're probably all good, and I've just used the same strap for the past 2 years. Otherwise, your strap will either break, or just slip off sometimes.
as long as the ends of your strap are leather, you pretty much never have to worry about them breaking.

the only problem i have with my strap locks is that the nut and washer will work their way off from time to time.. almost always in the middle of a set. that's a pain in the ass, but i haven't lost them yet aha
hug your local pug dealer!
straplocks don't stop your strap breaking you know, they just stop it falling off... i think dimarzio straps are worth looking at, i think they're great but they're not to everyone's taste cause there not exactly the most aesthetically pleasing strap in the world - but they won't break or come off, that you can be certain.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
Quote by cody733
as long as the ends of your strap are leather, you pretty much never have to worry about them breaking.

the only problem i have with my strap locks is that the nut and washer will work their way off from time to time.. almost always in the middle of a set. that's a pain in the ass, but i haven't lost them yet aha

buy some loctite (any DIY store) and just put that on the thread of the straplock or the nut before you put it on, it won't come off then.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
so if i were to get regular straps, then i should get ones with leather at the end?
and my brother actually has dimarzio cliplocks and he let me try them on my guitar, but i've had a problem with the screw that it comes with. the screw seems to be a little to long, so it doesnt screw in all the way and there's about half an inch of it sticking out. should i just find a smaller screw?
as for the schallers, i looked at them online, but they dont seem to include a strap, just the screw and locking mechanism, etc. where should i find the strap?
- fender american stratocaster (w/ fender '69 custom shop pickups)
- vox ac15
- dunlop crybaby 535q
- ibanez TS808 tubescreamer
Quote by yenmen
so if i were to get regular straps, then i should get ones with leather at the end?
and my brother actually has dimarzio cliplocks and he let me try them on my guitar, but i've had a problem with the screw that it comes with. the screw seems to be a little to long, so it doesnt screw in all the way and there's about half an inch of it sticking out. should i just find a smaller screw?
as for the schallers, i looked at them online, but they dont seem to include a strap, just the screw and locking mechanism, etc. where should i find the strap?

well, you could just get the cliplocks and get two shorter screws at a hardware store. they'd probably cost about 50 cents.
Quote by beckyjc
Just get those plastic dunlop things, they work just as good for like 1/20th of the price..

+1
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."