Okay, I have heil Talk box that came in today. I have a Vintage Modern with a 8 ohm and 16 ohm speaker output. Now, My 1960TV is only ONE 16 ohm speaker input. So this is a slight problem as the talk box is only 8ohm.
Now, I know if I run my head at 8ohms that the head is still in a "safe"zone and it won't do damage. But I don't like changing the impendance from 16 to 8 on the fly. Just doesn't "feel" safe to me.

So I'm thinking about changing the speaker driver with a 16 ohm driver. Looking at the schematics of the Heil it looks like like from the input there is a Non-Polarized Electrolytic 15uF 50v capacitor and from there the 8 ohm compression driver.

If I change the driver, do I change the capacitor as well? My guitar tech has never worked with a talk box so he doesn't know.
Guitars:
Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Custom WCR and Dimarzio equipped
Amp:
Marshall 2266 Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960TV
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Well, I'm not rich and can't afford another half stack. The danger in blowing your amp is none as long as it's all matched and you're not running your head at 10. And if I get a 16 ohm driver I found one that is 80 watts therefore my 50 watt amp is under the limitaton of the speaker so it should be fine.
Guitars:
Amp:
Marshall 1960TV
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Well, who said you need another halfstack?
If you're gigging, you know that most venues you play are mic-ed anyway. This is just the best way to do it, and the safest way.

There's other dangers, other than the speaker being the wrong impedance. If you amp's head is ever NOT going to speakers, it'll blow the transformers.
I seen that site. What exaclty does the Single Pull Double Throw do?
Guitars:
Amp:
Marshall 1960TV
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Hey, TS, can you take pics of the guts? I wanna build a professional-looking one (none of that bleach bottle/duct tape crap) and have no idea what they look like inside (talkboxes are almost an enigma to me...).
Last edited by Invader Jim at Feb 23, 2008,
So, back to the main question.

If I chnage the 8 ohm driver to a 16 driver. Do I change the capacitor too?
Guitars:
Amp:
Marshall 1960TV
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell