hey guys, im trying to get my action down to 1.75mm on the low E and 1.5mm on the high E, and it really likes to buzz acoustically, but it doesnt translate through the amp, is it the same for you guys? i just cant seem to get it any lower without it buzzing unplugged. Thanks, its an ibanez RGT42DX
the buzz is because the strings are soo low they are vibrating off the fret wire, the only way to fix this is to higher your action, or if you want too keep low action, adjust the truss rod.
Yes it does, but only because the action is very low and I pick harder without the amp to be heard. When I'm using my amp I have better picking technique and it doesn't buzz acoustically.

You potentially have 3 issues:

1. Neck needs shimming
2. Truss rod needs adjusting
3. Frets need levelling/recrowning

Check out www.ibanezrules.com, namely the tech section.
Quote by JustinT80
hey guys, im trying to get my action down to 1.75mm on the low E and 1.5mm on the high E, and it really likes to buzz acoustically, but it doesnt translate through the amp, is it the same for you guys? i just cant seem to get it any lower without it buzzing unplugged. Thanks, its an ibanez RGT42DX

he can play John the fisherman acoustically!

*chicka chick chicka chick chick chick chicka *

"I love this song!"
*claps hands*

My Ibanez rg120 does it too... It bothers the crap out of me when I practice without an amp watching TV or something but I don't mind too much while I'm plugged in. I don't like playing with the truss rod too much to fix it. I've messed things up a bit playing with that.

Quote by JustinT80
its an ibanez RGT42DX

P.S. I hate that you have the guitar that I want to get... You like it?
Good Ultimate-Guitar deals:
s.r.v. / Soapboxhero / dbrettw / laxduck / O00Coolzero00O / 1mmpick

Good Harmony-Central deals:

Quicksilver 689 / antiochband / KjStrat / Critter / guillatool1

Good SevenString.org deals:

Guitarmiester / TMM
My action is set super-low to the point where it buzzes when i unplug my guitar, but doesn't when i plug it in. I dont bother measuring it because i want to set it how i want. I kinda just messed with it when i got it.
if I really pick hard on my razorback I get some buzzing, but I agree with thdonutman, I seem to have much better picking technique when I'm plugged in. If you can't hear the buzz when you're plugged in then there's really not a problem. Then again, are you distorting the crap out of it, cause that can cover up a lot of buzzing.