I have a dual emg 81 active set and ive been wondering what kinda strings should i be using?
Guitar- ESP LTD Kh 602
ESP LTD Ex-50

Amp- Randall rx75r
Vox AD30VT

Equipment- Dime Crybaby From Hell
Korg PX4D Pandora

Drums- groove percussion set with zht cymbals and remo heads
I have emg's also and i prefer ghs bloomers....ernie balls just seem too bright
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
ok what should i use to sound like metallica, megadeth, or bfmv?
Guitar- ESP LTD Kh 602
ESP LTD Ex-50

Amp- Randall rx75r
Vox AD30VT

Korg PX4D Pandora

Quote by ESPplayer6

The metal kind. Honestly, strings make as much difference on your tone as the shirt you're wearing that day.
Quote by ESPplayer6

Nickel wound strings, definately.
Quote by ESPplayer6

Do not listen to that guy, strings actually do make quite a bit of sound difference. If this was not true, then certain players (such as SRV) would not prefer a thicker, better sounding string. I know Zakk Wylde, and Megadeath use GHS bloomers.
Gear:
Traynor YCV40
Quote by SG6578
Do not listen to that guy, strings actually do make quite a bit of sound difference. If this was not true than certain players (such as SRV) would not prefer a thicker, better sounding string. I know Zakk Wylde, and Megadeath use GHS bloomers.

there's a difference between the BRAND of string and the GUAGE of string. Threadstarter was asking about brands, as far as I can tell. Either way, the tonal difference between .10s and .13s are a lot less than they're made out to be.
ok lemmie get a lil more specific i use an LTD KH-602 with a floyd rose original what would be best for metal?
Guitar- ESP LTD Kh 602
ESP LTD Ex-50

Amp- Randall rx75r
Vox AD30VT

Korg PX4D Pandora

Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
there's a difference between the BRAND of string and the GUAGE of string. Threadstarter was asking about brands, as far as I can tell. Either way, the tonal difference between .10s and .13s are a lot less than they're made out to be.

He said "kinda" that doesnt mean brand specifically.
Gear:
Traynor YCV40
Quote by SG6578
He said "kinda" that doesnt mean brand specifically.

It does, but he's a heckuva lot better off using a gauge that he's comfortable with than a gauge that might make him sound just a little bit fatter, but will turn his playing to ****.
Quote by SG6578
Do not listen to that guy, strings actually do make quite a bit of sound difference. If this was not true, then certain players (such as SRV) would not prefer a thicker, better sounding string. I know Zakk Wylde, and Megadeath use GHS bloomers.

1. Zakk Wylde uses Dunlops.
2. It's Megadeth.
3. They're Boomers.
4. No. They don't make that much of a difference. It's more about what you're comfortable with and what you're tuning it to. Going from 9-42 Slinks to 10-60 Dunlops has not changed the tone of my guitar except for the fact that I'm tuned a full step below standard on the Dunlops.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H