does anyone know how damaging this is to an amp?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zonyPaXiPh0

note* the amp works perfectly well. If I plug the lead into both ports at the same time, I get those noises, I just want to know whether this damages the amp itself

how to do it

Last edited by richymisiak at Feb 24, 2008,
I assume that's a solid state amp right?
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
Holy sh*t, well then I really dont know what to tell you something must have fried on the SOB. I would junk that thing and buy a new amp. Sorry
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
no theres nothing wrong with it, it plays fine. If I put the lead into the output AND input at the same time, you get those noises, i'm just not sure wheter this damges the amp itself
If it sounds damaging, it's probably because it is.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
sounds pretty cool actually.
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
that. sounds. awesome.
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

cheers, who needs a fuzz factory eh? Just quite hard to go from crazy sound to guitar
but seriously, does anyone know enough about the working of an amp to know if receiving the signal that its sending that its receiving etc. is bad for an amp?
solid state amp it probably won't bother it. But you might end up getting some frequencys that aren't normal and damage your speaker. I'm not exactly sure why you think you need these sounds anyway? Especially if you think it might damage your amp? If you are looking for sounds in your songs then go for samples you can download for free.
dude, i would seriously buy that off you because it makes the coolest sound ever! they sound like cheesey effects omg, i love that.
for those of you who want to know how to do this here are picture of what it looks like

Last edited by richymisiak at Feb 24, 2008,