My mate, he has something against this kind of forum, don't ask me why, is getting a new neck for his J-Bass

He is getting wenge neck and ebony fretboard, 24 fret, J-Bass profile and headstock, abalone inlays, small stainless steel frets.

basically he wants suggestions or opinons, seeing as i told him there are some good luthiers here

any suggestions, thoughts or opinions will be heartily received with a pint of Guinness

Many thanks

-Blues_King
lol@u
Quote by Blues_King431
... He is getting wenge neck and ebony fretboard, 24 fret, J-Bass profile and headstock, abalone inlays, small stainless steel frets. ...

That is actually an awesome combination, a school mate had that on a JBass... mid-tones will be amplified, and the punchiness!

This will be perfect for those who prefer the JBass and/or its neck profile (Hobbit fingers!) and envy the PBass punch!

Alright, one thing I should check, is his bass a Fender Jazz? Because if so, then he can't just slap a 24 fret neck on it.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by Nutter_101
Alright, one thing I should check, is his bass a Fender Jazz? Because if so, then he can't just slap a 24 fret neck on it.

Nice catch! I was thinking of the Fender DLX Jazz, the one with the Maple Quilt top, which my school mate had *and* not the regular Fender Jazz.

Quote by Ippon
Nice catch! I was thinking of the Fender DLX Jazz, the one with the Maple Quilt top, which my school mate had *and* not the regular Fender Jazz.

A Jazz 24? No other Jazz bass has 24 frets from Fender. The Urge II also has 24 frets, but that's a bastard child of a PBass and a JBass and a lotta love
In the bass chat:

And now on BANDCAMP!

Quote by Ippon

Yeah. That's a Jazz 24!

That's just short for the full name. Since you forgot the 24, I was wondering if they'd done a new Deluxe American.

Sorry for the confusion.
In the bass chat:

And now on BANDCAMP!

aha, never thought of that actually, i'd better tell him before he orders it, lol
lol@u