Page 1 of 2

so are you going to look at this picture, look at all of those galaxies, realise that there are trillions more galaxies with uncountable planets and tell me that there are no aliens?

I THINK NOT, SIR!

but no, seriously, how do you think aliens look like?

i for one imagine them to be sentient star-fish like beings, with each tendricle branching into more little extremeties, giving them the possibility to manipulate a thousand times more precisely than our hands can. what about you?

EDIT: another thing that intrigues me is our definition of what life is. how do we know that things like rocks and mountains aren't alive in some way? i mean, sure, they're probably not sentient, but i am positive there is some kind of life-force in them as well. what do you think?
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Feb 23, 2008,
It would depend entirely on the environment they come from.

Look at the diversity of species on THIS planet.
Yo momma!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I dont know...
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
They probably look like bacteria. Very sexy bacteria.
█████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████

You're just another brick in the wall
Yep...

aliens....

Yep...
Quote by ironman1478
im romanian and am offended. most of the people in romania make americans look like autistic kids on ritalin
Quote by ProfessorJim
I'm autistic and on ritalin and am offended. Most autistic kids on ritalin make americans look like romanians.
E.T. they'll have glowing fingers and stuff....

Either that or Jar Jar Binks.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Sure theres bound to be some alien lifeform living somewhere out there,thinking anything ellse whould be pretty narrowminded i guess.

for lookes i dont know probaly depends on envirement and such but even then it whould be difficul to say.

Little Green men
I agree with En_Zed.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Or they could be like on Star Trek, where everyone just happens to have the exact same features, just with different cultures and skin.
They probably are made of *energy*....

That would be awesome....
Quote by ironman1478
im romanian and am offended. most of the people in romania make americans look like autistic kids on ritalin
Quote by ProfessorJim
I'm autistic and on ritalin and am offended. Most autistic kids on ritalin make americans look like romanians.
I saw this show once with these two robot flying probe things exploring an alien planet. There were some pretty out there creatures; like... The entire "sea" on the planet was one coherent bacterial colony, essentially one organism. The intelligent creatures were floating things with gas bladders and weird **** that threw spiky sticks at stuff.

I just like the idea that aliens won't be anything similar to stuff on our planet. Evolution on their planet would create completely different things, things that we couldn't even imagine, most likely.
according to einstein, everything is made of energy
so, you're right

edit: to gnr duff guy
Founder of the "Foundation to replace Jacob's stolen phone foundation of America" PM me to contribute to this noble cause, no donation is too small, or large for that matter
They may be like gigantic sizes organisms who could disintegrate us with one belch, or minute little gits who can crawl through our skin pores... either way we dont really win
Quote by mustaineNslash
i know this sounds stupid but...
wheres the sig button??

(sry)

They'll listen to Jazz.
Dean Something-or-Other
Jay Turser Semi-Hollow
B. Bass
Woodbine 12str.
-------
Crate Flexwave 120w
about 1300w more bass than i need
-------
But really Im a Drummer...
Zildjian biotch
there are probably certain micro-organisms on mars that we should consider "alien" heck theres probably some on earth we dont know about :P

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
I think something that's overlooked is the possibility that within all of those galaxies there is one other planet that has similar conditions to Earth and has humanoid lifeforms. That would be cool enough for me...
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Maybe they live life the other way around. They eat crap and crap food.
\¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿??????????/

Quote by freedoms_stain

What he said. There's like 1.4 million of species on Earth now, and 99% of all species that ever existed here are now extinct. Add that to the number of species we HAVEN'T discovered, which is something like 98%. And species become extinct at the rate of something like 3 an hour (I read that somewhere just now, can't find the site). Imagine at least ONE plane that is as diverse as Earth, or a planet where the dominant species respects the others much more than humans do. There has to be a literally innumerable amount of species in this galaxy alone.

Edit- Basically, Earth is pretty amazing enough.
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
there's probably a massive intergalactic society we have no part in (:
Member of 7-string Legion
Wields S7320

. .___.
. (O,o)
. /)__)
. ^ ^

. O rly?
I think they have the ability to change in the form you like em to be....so all aliens will look like Carla Bruni
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
Quote by roythereaper
I think something that's overlooked is the possibility that within all of those galaxies there is one other planet that has similar conditions to Earth and has humanoid lifeforms. That would be cool enough for me...

remeber we are only one species here on earth. for all we know there might still be dinosaurs on that planet xD
Quote by freedoms_stain

+1
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
Quote by Ichikurosaki
We know nothing.
I mean.. there could be some massive dragonzombie type of fish that breaths toxic waste on havoc several million lightyears away. slowly approaching.

We just don't know.

Imagine the next statement in the voice of Doughnut from Halo:

"That would be so. f*cking. cool."
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Quote by En_zed
They probably look like bacteria. Very sexy bacteria.

Didn't they find some sort of fossilized bacteria on Mars?
Quote by roythereaper
Imagine the next statement in the voice of Doughnut from Halo:

"That would be so. f*cking. cool."

RvB, FTW!

I think there are so many different types of alien lifeforms, they will be so diverse. I think the ones that have visited this planet (and I do believe they have - I know many think I'm crazy) look very much like the common perception we have of aliens. Human like creatures, just as frail as us but with far greater intelligence.

Or they possibly all look exactly like Maria Sharipova, I can't decide...
Quote by BodaciousZac
Didn't they find some sort of fossilized bacteria on Mars?

Was it sexy?

I don't see them being as complex as us, with multi-organisms. Like what En_zed said, they will be bacteria, single celled fungus, single celled organisms. But seeing how many things evolve, like viruses, bacteria evolving, I could also see many multi-celled organisms. I don't know what to think. Probably organisms adapted to their enviorment.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by brandon369852
I don't see them being as complex as us, with multi-organisms. Like what En_zed said, they will be bacteria, single celled fungus, single celled organisms. But seeing how many things evolve, like viruses, bacteria evolving, I could also see many multi-celled organisms. I don't know what to think. Probably organisms adapted to their enviorment.

How can you say that?
You just assume humans are the ultimate lifeform.
In reality we know nothing.
I think it would be ingnorant to think that every other lifeform in the universe is inferior to us.
Seriously I think that some of those galaxies may have planets where the life can be entirely plants, other animals, dinosaurs...yes dinosaurs, even humanoid beings even there can millions of planets where the inhabitants are...humans. If thats the case I hope we never meet each other, because we will kill each other. Humanity:sighs:
Quote by Ichikurosaki
We know nothing.
I mean.. there could be some massive dragonzombie type of fish that breaths toxic waste on havoc several million lightyears away. slowly approaching.

We just don't know.

-grabs planks of wood and starts boarding up windows-

I think they'd be all invisible and whatnot. so we wouldn't know :O
Quote by Ichikurosaki
How can you say that?
You just assume humans are the ultimate lifeform.
In reality we know nothing.

Humans aren't the only multi-celled organisms. I'm talking about the diversity of the planet, how many bacteria we have compared the number of organisms we have that are multi-cellular. I'm saying I'm guessing the majority of a planet we find with stable living conditions, or not, will most likely have bacteria. Just because if it isn't stable living conditions, some bacteria may still be able to live in those conditions. I never said humans were the ultimate lifeform.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by brandon369852
Humans aren't the only multi-celled organisms. I'm talking about the diversity of the planet, how many bacteria we have compared the number of organisms we have that are multi-cellular. I'm saying I'm guessing the majority of a planet we find with stable living conditions, or not, will most likely have bacteria. Just because if it isn't stable living conditions, some bacteria may still be able to live in those conditions. I never said humans were the ultimate lifeform.

My bad i misread.. i thought you was refering to all life everywhere >_>
i would expect them to look scarily like humans, or at least the biped land dwelling ones will. because if you look at a lot of life on earth which has evolved independently , they all have developed similar traits. eyes for example are the same design on almost every creature.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
My bad i misread.. i thought you was refering to all life everywhere >_>

That's cool. But I think you're right, in reality we know nothing.
Follow me on Twitter
Page 1 of 2