Hi, I've always wanted to write a book, so I have always tried a bunch of ideas. Here's one that is kind of overdone, but I want to do it with a much better flare. That's where you guys come in.

I want any opinions or ideas for my story. On the next post will be an outline of the story (very rough outline) that I want to see if it has any good ideas or anything

2 things though that I will not have in my story

1. My characters will not learn a direct lesson from my story. They might learn to be better people or worse people, but only because the plot allows it.
2. I will not use the same cliched ideas and think about what would happen to two people if they did switch places. Like, for example, if you were to switch places with a girl if you are a guy, you would start thinking guys are hot just because of the fact that you are a female.

So, here it is, take it away...
Guy and girl switch places
Emo goth person sets curse on them

Guy-
Plays guitar
Funny
Has anxiety and nervousness issues
Doesn’t try in school too hard
Friends with everyone

Sum him up in one sentence: the guy everyone likes

Friends- funny burnouts that cant get laid, not many girls

Girl-
Plays Soccer
Popular and preppy
Nice
Proper
Full of herself
Works hard in school

Sum up: the girl that every girl wants to be, every guy wants

Friends- snide, girly girl people, or jock guys

Funny things when switch-
She can now play guitar in his body, but no theory
He know’s theory, but can’t play anymore
He has to learn soccer, but has the skills
They piss off each other’s friends
Switches attractions (he likes who she likes, and vice versa)

Everything they do falls apart, as in:

Rock concert goes horribly
Soccer tournament loses first round
He breaks up with her boyfriend
She finds out that he likes her because she ends up liking herself (which is weird)
Why would your entire social upbringing and past relationship experience change if you turned into a woman? You could say that you were caught in bisexuality with a chemical attraction to men but a now faux instilled sham of an attraction to women.
Americans learn about real football. That sounds like a hilarious idea.

A hybrid, maybe? e.g. AfroSamurai in book form.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
It's hard to tell whether it'd be any good just from that plus it seems a bit generic and cliched. Whether it works will depend hugely on how its written.
I have this story where a giant pear comes along and says "LOL, WUT?"
Call me Batman.
Quote by Liam4
It's hard to tell whether it'd be any good just from that plus it seems a bit generic and cliched. Whether it works will depend hugely on how its written.

dont worry, my #1 pet peeve is anything cliched, so it wont be cliched. I will work to the end of the earth to make sure its not cliched.
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
Well, if we give you ideas, then, technically, it isn't your story, is it?

I'm here to write the best story, not a story I can brag to everyone and say ITS MINE!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by fly fly fly
I'm here to write the best story, not a story I can brag to everyone and say ITS MINE!!!!!!!!!!

My bad.

How about this...

Write a story about a guy who gets laid off from his job. Then, he goes insane, and needs to be hospitalized.

I don't know, I'm just improv-ing here.
The.
the best fiction story has already been written. it is known as "The Bible".

I mean, come on! tell me a book that more people have read and has more fans.
Quote by CoreysMonster
the best fiction story has already been written. it is known as "The Bible".

I mean, come on! tell me a book that more people have read and has more fans.

Harry Potter?
take a cue from Thrice and write a story that somehow compares a musician to a paramedic. something along those lines. i'd read it.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal