Looking for a kind of Joe Satriani style delay. Thanks in advance
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Satch probably uses a Boss DD-3 delay.

Line 6 Echo park is good, too.

He has a pretty subtle delay, more to expand the sound than to add notes.

EDIT: According to GuitarGeek, he uses a Boss DD-2 and 2 rack-mounted Chandler delay units, all set to different times, to add dimension. Although one delay pedal is sufficient for adding ambience. I recommend the DD-3.
Last edited by sashki at Feb 23, 2008,
DD 3 and 6 are both great delays
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
DD 3 and 6 are both great delays

DD-20 as well, if you want really over the top sounds.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
He doesn't use the Rack units anymore. He has two DD-2s (or DD-3s, can't remember) set at different times. For a staggered delay time on a budget i recommend a Marshall Echohead.
I have the DD-3 and its fairly good, however the loop function isn't great. Sometimes if you are trying to play along to a particular song it is hard to get the delays exactly on time but once its there it's great. It can do sort of reverby echoey type things, slap back and longer delay.
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
Quote by Kozworth
I use an Ibanez DE7 echo/delay, it is emaculate.

Seconded, I really like it as a delay. Though the echo section isn't amazing, the digital delay sounds excellent. Check it out next to the echo park.

However, if you have the bank the Line 6 DL-4 is the way to go.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Thanks, I'll try the Ibanez (the place around here only has Ibanez and DOD pedals...so, if I wanted Boss I'd have to order online =/ )
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory