How good are they. does anyone know how good they are. I plan on buying either the 18w or the one of the plexi's.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
crap I should have just edited the other post. But I play alot of classic rock and would love to have a nice plexish or the 18 w on youtube there is a couple demos of them both and they sound AMAZING but I want something from experience
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
i've been looking at these as well. from what i heard from The_Real_Ming in the EHX user's guild thread, they are outstanding. but looking at the price and the fact that you have to build a cabniet, you're almost better off getting the real thing, right? not stating an opinion, i am wondering as well. i know there is the satisfaction of building it, as i am ADDICTED to BYOC. and the tone is superb from what i hear (one boutique tube amp is another boutique tube amp in most respects, nowadays anyway). and sure i wouldnt be shelling out as much as i would for a Dr. Z, but is it really worth it? someone please say yes so i can justify this....
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
I know exactly what you mean man. but I think I'll jut pay the 500 for the combo instead of having to build a cab
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
^ Well my guitar teacher gigs with the JTM 45 clone I think one of those models. He says it's great and recommended the 18 watter to me, though I don't have the cash for one.

There's a user on here who owns one I think he's got some vids up on youtube so maybe you could ask him.

Gabel also knows a lot about these 18watters, they're supposed to be really good though and for that plexi/ classic rock tone it should be really good.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Well thats exactly what I'm looking for Plexish tone Some nice classic rock and blues grit. I do believe I'm gonna buy that 18 watter.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
you keep me posted IMEDATELY!!! hahahaha
i just know if i bought one right now, it would be sitting on my speaker cab naked (no amp cab) and i dont know if i can live with that....
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
just get the combo lol. you can get teh 18w in a combo version
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Isn't Gabel building the 18w?
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
who is gable??
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
He's a very wise man who is around here a lot

EDIT: Here's his thread on it https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=727241
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Quote by thellamaking
Gabel was seeing about Distributing Ceriatones around Europe. A Potentially epic idea.

I C. I'll have to talk to him then see what he knows about it
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Y0UNGBL00D
you keep me posted IMEDATELY!!! hahahaha
i just know if i bought one right now, it would be sitting on my speaker cab naked (no amp cab) and i dont know if i can live with that....

You could wire it through your current amp if it has an input to it. Or that is what you meant by 'speaker cab' I was not quite sure. But lots of amps have the ability to be a speaker.
so I've got a question. can I use my Princeton chorus as my speakers for the Superlead?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
the 100watt superlead? probably not. is the speaker rated for 100watts? is it the right ohms? dont cheap out if you're going to get a awesome amp. get a cab to go with it
yah the amp is rated at 125 watts. I dunno if its teh right ohms though
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
i didnt know they had a combo. last time i checked their site was a little nondescript. and that was a few days ago. but i will probably come back to ctone later, i am buying my dream amp soon. dont know what it is yet, but i have 3 grand and counting, with a total of maybe 6 grand to spend. thinking orange or vox.
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
what the heck you buying clones for if you have 3k man!?!? lol.

go AC-30

Or old plexi superlead.

But I'm gonna buy that 18w soon. I'll let you guys know how it sounds
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
hehehe...clones are FUN!!! i've been on a DIY electronics high ever since popping my BYOC cherry, and i want to do an amp. plus, while the VJ is a good bedroom amp, and the AC30 (or orange compliment) is a great stage amp, you can always use an actual rehearsal amp. i dont know though, the thunderverb 200 makes a lot of claims about it's attenuator. plus, im in hte middle of the ocean on a navy warship, i could build a ceriatone, i dont even think i COULD, let a lone would, ship a $4500 amp here. pedals are fair game though
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
Quote by Y0UNGBL00D
hehehe...clones are FUN!!! i've been on a DIY electronics high ever since popping my BYOC cherry, and i want to do an amp. plus, while the VJ is a good bedroom amp, and the AC30 (or orange compliment) is a great stage amp, you can always use an actual rehearsal amp. i dont know though, the thunderverb 200 makes a lot of claims about it's attenuator. plus, im in hte middle of the ocean on a navy warship, i could build a ceriatone, i dont even think i COULD, let a lone would, ship a $4500 amp here. pedals are fair game though

ah...so your a Navy man aye?????

what about a rocker 30 Those arn't to bad I've heard.

but go for it build it'll be be fun cause I think I"m gonna do it
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
I dunno if they are. Do you own one? I meant any one not just the jubiliee
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era