so i was just browsing musiciansfriend, and i came across i really like it, it seems perfect for me, being that it's very versatile. but i was wonder what you guy's thought of them. and the price online.

could i pick one of these up at guitar center? (do they carry them?) and what kind of price could i get it for there?

thanks a lot
A better deal on a better built and equipped guitar is a used Charvel Model 3 or 4. 22 frets, MOP inlays, and arguably smoother playing necks and better pickups.
Guitar Center owns Musicians Friend I believe, so the price would be the same. I'd get that also if it had a maple neck and 22 frets. Oh well can't have everything
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Surely an Ibanez RG1570 would be much better? I've yet to play a prestige Ibanez that I don't like.
i own a superstrat-style guitar right now, and it's too metal for what i want to play, which is why i was looking at strats.
Quote by schecters6
i own a superstrat-style guitar right now, and it's too metal for what i want to play, which is why i was looking at strats.

Well that IS a Super Strat. In fact, that is the core definition of Super Strat; a Strat with an FR and a humbucker.
Quote by CJRocker
Well that IS a Super Strat. In fact, that is the core definition of Super Strat; a Strat with an FR and a humbucker.

i define a guitar as a superstrat by it's shape. strat-like, with a flat bottom. i'll be more specific:

i have a schecter C-1 right now, and it's too metal for what i want to play. the strat is more versitile.
Quote by schecters6
i define a guitar as a superstrat by it's shape. strat-like, with a flat bottom. i'll be more specific:

i have a schecter C-1 right now, and it's too metal for what i want to play. the strat is more versitile.

...Huh? A super strat refers to a Strat with a Floyd Rose and a humbucker. That is a super strat, and has been that way since they were invented. Your C-1 is technically a super Strat, but that Fender is what you could call a "true" super strat.

What amp are you using with the C-1? What are you trying to play with it? C-1s are pretty versatile guitars.
There is one thing i've run into on those type of guitars

With the H/S/S set up unless the 2 single coils are hot rails you'll never be able to get a good balance between the pups. Not that it makes it unusable or anything but the bridge pup will always be a bit louder then the single coils.

Also most of the reviews i've read on the floyd strat have been positive, everyone likes the floyd thats on it and says its stable and pretty good quality.