Page 1 of 2
I got this in a bulletin from a band today, and it made me really sad...

CNN Report:

# Story Highlights
# An estimated 1,500 wolves now roam Idaho, Montana and Wyoming
# The removal from the endangered list was announced Thursday
# States can now move forward with public hunts as soon as this fall
# Environmental groups say they will sue to keep the animal listed

Anyone who shoots a wolf that is within my grasp IS going to pay dearly. I don't care how idiotic that may sound, this is something immensely important to me. An animal JUST gets back to where its species can support itself in its ecosystem, and people are ready to hunt it immediately? BRILLIANT ****ing idea. Kill yourselves.

Please repost this if you care. And if you really care and want to go the extra step forward, e-mail, phone, and/or write the US Department of Interior BEGGING them NOT to let this happen....

Mailing Address:
Department of the Interior
ATTN: Fish & WIldlife
1849 C Street, N.W.
Washington DC 20240

Phone: 202-208-3100
E-Mail: contact@fws.gov (Fish & Wildlife Department)

Another option is to go to savewolves.org to take action and/or donate.

It would mean the world to me.

For one, I love animals, and wolves are probably my favorite, so reading this really upset me. I'm not an animal rights activist or anything, and I have no problem with people who hunt, but this just seemed really bad. I mean, an animal just makes it off the endangered list, so people's first reaction is to start hunting them? I don't get it. Then I went to the savewolves.org website mentioned, and I was watching a video on aerial hunting in Alaska. People basically just fly around in planes and shoot at wolves, or they chase them until the wolf is literally too tired to move, then kill it. People like this disgust me.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
That's so stupid........
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
I'm gonna call them... this is horrible.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by brandon369852
After they hunt it, do they eat it?

It wasn't mentioned in anything I read. I've never heard of people eating wolves to begin with though.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
It's sad that right when they're not endangered, people can just kill them down until they are again.

The bouncy green smily face says: "Click me or I will eat your face."

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock thank you.
If you love rock add this to your signature.
For every wolf you don't kill I'll kill 3!
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
Stop failing, and things will work out.
ummm maybe they are doing it for a reason maybe the wolfes are starig to be over populated in some areas and there isn't enough food for them and stuff they are probobly doing it for a reason when there is to many wolfes wont it affect all the othe **** badly?
Please people, state DNR's regulate these kinds of things... it's not like they're going to be hunted until they're extinct.

I hate trophy hunting... and that in and of itself pisses me off, but there has to be something this post isn't saying... maybe public hunts are only legal if the wolf is killing livestock or something...
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
That chick in your avatar has a damn nice rack.

And yeah sucks for the wolves.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

Quote by dio5288
yeah, you guys gotta realize they dont kill the wolves just for the **** of it. wolves kill livestock and stuff, which in those geographic areas is probably some peoples livelihood

Yeah, not only that but people have been doing it for ages.
the only reason you should ever hunt is for food
or a sweet wolfpelt coat ofcourse

these people are idiots though
people don't eat wolves, that is trophy hunting or population control. I'm sure that the DNR will have a bag limit as to protect the numbers and still allow the wolves to grow in number. If the numbers start to get to high and they have no natural predators they will over populate and die off anyway.
I live in Idaho, and wolves aren't much of a problem except to ranchers.
I say if a wolf kills cattle or sheep, it can be killed, but killing something that just got off the endangered spieces list is just stupid. Hunting is supposed to be for recreation, lowering the population of animals, such as deer, when it gets too high. It's not supposed to be some killing-fest for people who hate animals. Also, I believe anything you hunt, you should eat or use in some way. That's how nature is supposed to work.
Space reserved for cool quotes.
Quote by ItWillDo
That chick in your avatar has a damn nice rack.

And yeah sucks for the wolves.

Quote by Ir8sob
people don't eat wolves, that is trophy hunting or population control. I'm sure that the DNR will have a bag limit as to protect the numbers and still allow the wolves to grow in number. If the numbers start to get to high and they have no natural predators they will over populate and die off anyway.

I can understand population control, but trophy hunting is just ridiculous. If this is for population control (which I really really hope it is), I can only hope that there are regulations set on the amount of wolves that are hunted.
Quote by Trefellin

LastFM
Hunting isn't awful but when the animal has just come off of the endangered list it's a bit stupid.
Quote by ctb
I love wolves. Hunting all together is down right horrible anyway.

Where I live hunting is actually very important. Without hunting, the out of control deer population would be even worse.

[EDIT]: I agree that you should wait a few years after an animal is taken off the endangered species list before you hunt it.
The medium is the message!
Quote by The Rambler
Where I live hunting is actually very important. Without hunting, the out of control deer population would be even worse.

Quote by The Rambler

[EDIT]: I agree that you should wait a few years after an animal is taken off the endangered species list before you hunt it.

I don't tend to not think before saying things. I agree that in matters like that, it would be important.
Quote by The Rambler

Same here.

Hunting is a big thing in my area and I have nothing against it. People abide by the certain trapping and hunting seasons which makes it respectable. The people in my area
are usually hardworking people and farmers who hunt not just for the "fun" of it but to survive as well. I don't see a reason to hunt wolves except to protect your surrounding area (if you have a chicken coop or farm of sorts) or if you were a hermit in the middle of a forest.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Quote by ctb

ummm no!

we have lost horses to wolves... kill them all
they didnt even (re)introduce the right species of wolves. the wolves they planted here are much bigger than the natives

but yes. wolves are badass. but i dont like what theyre doing to farmers and such in the area
I love hunting, but isnt it illegal anyways for an indangered animal to be hunted until 10 years after it is taken off the list?
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
i think its pretty stupid to allow hunting of them as soon as they arent endangered anymore. at least let them build up a substantially larger population. otherwise they will just be endangered again really soon.
Quote by daytripper75
i think its pretty stupid to allow hunting of them as soon as they arent endangered anymore. at least let them build up a substantially larger population. otherwise they will just be endangered again really soon.

they are waay more populated than that... they have been considering this for years...
im so happy its finally been passed!
the first one i see im shooting the ****er!
Quote by TonyRandall
they are waay more populated than that... they have been considering this for years...
im so happy its finally been passed!
the first one i see im shooting the ****er!

well, then in that case, i guess they can hunt them.

just dont drive them back to the point of being endangered again.
Quote by daytripper75
well, then in that case, i guess they can hunt them.

just dont drive them back to the point of being endangered again.

well the fact that they kill peoples livestock and the people arent allowed to kill them without proof that it was a wolf, even if they catch them in the act is ridiculous.

and they wolves they introduced here arent the native species of wolves...
these ones are about twice the size of the natives
Quote by garrettanda
ummm maybe they are doing it for a reason maybe the wolfes are starig to be over populated in some areas and there isn't enough food for them and stuff

If this is true, then nature will balance itself out without man interfering.

-SD
Quote by ctb

WRONG.

When wolves were on the endangered list, they were still costing farmers thousands of dollars. Something needs to be done so that Cattle herders and wolves can coexist. Don't come in here saying "Hunting is stupid, blah blah blah." For real. It is stupid. As long as the hunting is regulated(like it always is), it will keep the wolf population at a reasonable level. Hunting is neccessary.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
I've lived in Idaho my whole life and have never seen a wolf. I did see four grizzly bears once though

And a moose in my front yard.
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
Quote by SilentDeftone
If this is true, then nature will balance itself out without man interfering.

-SD

Man is nature.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
You're all displaying quite a lot of ignorance on the issue. Do any of you know WHY everyone is so ready to hunt the wolfs in Idaho? It because these wolfs, which have been overprotected the last few years, have become so overpopulated that they've cleaned out nearly all the deer in the area and are now starving in places. Unless we want the deer in the area to completly dissapear, some wolves need to be hunted.
I was going to respond angrily and indignantly after reading it, but I think metal4life592's OP and CORT_noob have already summarized my opinion's on this.
Page 1 of 2