I have got an idea to replicate Steve Harris' Fender P Bass, but as the new one, the white one with the west ham sticker. I have looked around the web for ages but cant find any good pictures of the bass!

I know its white and has a large west ham sticker on the top, it also has a maple neck and fretboard but I dont know if the pickguard is metal or black and I dont know the colours for the binding round the edge and whether the binding is on the front and back or just the front.

If u could find some pictures and post the links in this forum that would be most appreciated.

If I can get some photo's, then I will update this forum to show u how I am getting on with the project (plus I need help with the binding )

Thanks for trying,
Innocrested
gear:
Yamaha ERG 121 (new paint job, new strings, new pickups, new electronics!)
Washburn HB 30, sunburst finish.
yamaha amp (came with guitar)
Judging by these three pictures, I'd say the pickguard is metal, since it is reflective in a way I haven't seen on a plastic pickguard on a well-rounded bass like his.

http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/TV2/archive/00232/steve_harris_epa_232831x.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/vincents2k/IronMaiden-harris1.jpg
http://rockdimension.net/graphics/articole/uploads/steve_harris_2005.jpg

Also, on the first one, it looks like the painted-on binding is only on the front.
...and that picture (the first one) also hints at the colours. Dark blue and baby blue.

Edit: I would guess you could make an estimate of the blue colours from this shirt.
Last edited by Pikka Bird at Feb 23, 2008,
Wow, thats cool! thank you for the pictures they help a lot! I think the colours on the binding are claret and blue but its hard to tell. Now I can start the build! Whooo!!!
gear:
look on derek riggs' site, one of the artworks for a real live/dead one shows eddie playing it.

It looks pretty accurate.
I'm actually very sure it's navy blue, not claret. A) The logo is wonky colours compared to the real one, so don't assume the bindings will use the original colours. B) I've got excellent eyesight. and C) Load it up in some kind of image editing software and extract the colours (eyedropper tool or something). There is no red in it...
Its a mirror pickguard im pretty sure
Quote by dookie_dude_
Then go in a Fall Out Boy mosh pit. There much safer considering there only 13 year old girls in it.
^I don't know how many he has, but this particular one has been refinished a couple of times.
its one of his oldest. it was white then blue then checkered. this time its has the soccer team thing going on. its prety much white with blue trem and a logo(no sticker) painted on it with a mirror pickguard. he talks about it in a intervie.

hes also used it on every album.
yeah steve harris! I think the pickguard might actually be in a smoked chrome finish which is chrome but darker. Or it's just the lighting on stage.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Yeah I think ur right, it is blue and blue.
gear:
No, thats not the plan. I want to replicate the new one, the white one with the binding, but I could do that one as well! That one would be easier!

^On that one, are the knobs black plastic with white dots?
gear:
Last edited by Innocrested at Feb 24, 2008,
heh yeah I like the white one over the blue one too. But when you do replicate this make sure you get that that little maiden logo on the headstock put in from this picture, just to complete it.
http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/TV2/archive/00232/steve_harris_epa_232831g.jpg
Quote by Glimsom
Well, there was that horrible accident with Metallica, where the entire band had their Metal amputated. =P
I will! Its gonna be cool! I'l get a vinyl print of the logo and Steve Harris written in Fender font and stick it on top.
gear:
Quote by matt154
Holy shit, i didn't even look. Damn necrobump.

don't worry man because your bass looks cool...doesn't look like the OP ever did his