http://www.rondomusic.com/product718.html

anyone had any personal exsperience with these? i was looking at the Saga kits, but ive heard alot of mixed feelings about them, and i dont want to be another bad one.
so i found these. and they look awesome....just wanted to know if ya'll had and thing on them! and would this be a better decision than the 169 dollar Squier Tele?

thanks!
Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Line 6 Spider III 15 watt
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Yamaha, Lugwig, Pearl, CB Drums
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
Alder wood... not maple. I heard cheap alder sucks
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
The necks get really uncomfortable on SX guitars after a while.
Well for me anyway.

When played through a JCM marshall halfstack, the Cleans sounded good; But the guitar seemed to struggle a lot with distortion.
Sagas are pretty hit or miss.

I think an SX would be better than a Squier, but I personally hate the SX headstock. SX's are pretty popular at Harmony Central for customizing (or so I think).
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
ya, i followed your threads about your Saga. and that is what made me want one a lil more..lol.

and Moe. how does the neck get uncomfortable to you? like splintery, rough, etc?

thanks!

Quote by rafarquhar
Sagas are pretty hit or miss.

I think an SX would be better than a Squier, but I personally hate the SX headstock. SX's are pretty popular at Harmony Central for customizing (or so I think).

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
Quote by bojangleman

and Moe. how does the neck get uncomfortable to you? like splintery, rough, etc?

Alex

I can't explain it, out of the whole time I played the guitar (5 months or so) I just didn't like it. I couldn't stretch too far on it, couldn't do much standing up with it, and to top it off, the one I had would hardly ever stay in tune.
Their nice guitars

The only ones i've seen that come with quality frets at that price
awesome. i really like their finishes. well, the burst on that one anyway..

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
i think im going to chance it and get one...

its my birthday today, so my parents said they would pay for it since its only $109..

even if its not a great guitar, i can customize it or something...different pickups and tuners...what ever...

one thing i will do is, sand off the SX symbol and everything and then cut the headstock like a real tele...

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
Last edited by bojangleman at May 25, 2008,
My buddy has an SX guitar and i really dont like it. The pickups he has have no sustain and just dont sound good at all (just my opinion but they are cheap). It stays in tune for about a whole day and the wood is cheap as hell...I wouldnt suggest getting it.
Here's my NEW SX SST57 - 1 word - EXCELLENT. Plays great. I'm in love... Never owned single coils before and I'm having to relearn amp settings, etc. Not what I'd call POWDER BLUE but more AQUA (swimming pool Aqua). Love the look and the vintage high gloss neck is just what this old LP man needed to get a different "feel" AND SOUND TOO. Stretched the strings good - tuned "her" up about 3 or 4 times in the first 5 minutes then she held tune fine. I'm playin' right now so "talk amongst yourselves...".

BEST $99 Guitar I have ever seen. My Agile was the best $159 Guitar I ever saw too (was on sale a couple years ago when I got it). This RONDO stuff is amazing for the $$$$.

Played for about 2 hours last night and held tune the whole time - no mods for me - it's a KEEPER just like it is.

The neck on this is really nice - never had a Maple fretboard or high-gloss one either and I like it. I wanted a change - been on Humbuckers all my life so I wanted single coils and a also maple fretboard as I was always a Rosewood type - the neck is sweet and chunky too - I can play open chords (A-minor for instance) and my fingers ain't bangin' into each other like my Agile - more like an acoustic wide - schaweeeeet. Now if I can just figure out the Single Coil thing. I know that 2 & 4 on the switch are less noisy (already knew that and why) - and I know I've had to tweak my amps for single coils as my HB's sound totally different. Strats (with cheap SC pups) ain't that great on the BrOOtalZ. Funny thing is Jimi Hendrix seemed to get some pretty amazing sounds outta his and in those days we didn't have all these boutique pickups - most everyone played stock Fender and stock Gibson. And I don't have a 100-watt Marshall sittin' here either so I'm doin' high-gain on small combo's. My tube amps really sound great with SC's. I love em with HB's and they sound sweet as can be with this SX. My SS amps are requiring "fiddling" - and my Multi-effects pedal sounds like a can of bees now with these SC's.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
well the sx's are as soild as the agiles but i think there either a hit or a miss. the pups arent that bad but its just the wood that might be a problem. anyways if you like it how you get it keep it like that if you dont mod it **** outta it
thanks for this post man! makes me feel alot better....

im going to order it tomorrow...ill deffenalty post pics and everything when it comes in....thanks for all the advice guys!

Quote by strangedogs
Here's my NEW SX SST57 - 1 word - EXCELLENT. Plays great. I'm in love... Never owned single coils before and I'm having to relearn amp settings, etc. Not what I'd call POWDER BLUE but more AQUA (swimming pool Aqua). Love the look and the vintage high gloss neck is just what this old LP man needed to get a different "feel" AND SOUND TOO. Stretched the strings good - tuned "her" up about 3 or 4 times in the first 5 minutes then she held tune fine. I'm playin' right now so "talk amongst yourselves...".

BEST $99 Guitar I have ever seen. My Agile was the best $159 Guitar I ever saw too (was on sale a couple years ago when I got it). This RONDO stuff is amazing for the $$$$.

Played for about 2 hours last night and held tune the whole time - no mods for me - it's a KEEPER just like it is.

The neck on this is really nice - never had a Maple fretboard or high-gloss one either and I like it. I wanted a change - been on Humbuckers all my life so I wanted single coils and a also maple fretboard as I was always a Rosewood type - the neck is sweet and chunky too - I can play open chords (A-minor for instance) and my fingers ain't bangin' into each other like my Agile - more like an acoustic wide - schaweeeeet. Now if I can just figure out the Single Coil thing. I know that 2 & 4 on the switch are less noisy (already knew that and why) - and I know I've had to tweak my amps for single coils as my HB's sound totally different. Strats (with cheap SC pups) ain't that great on the BrOOtalZ. Funny thing is Jimi Hendrix seemed to get some pretty amazing sounds outta his and in those days we didn't have all these boutique pickups - most everyone played stock Fender and stock Gibson. And I don't have a 100-watt Marshall sittin' here either so I'm doin' high-gain on small combo's. My tube amps really sound great with SC's. I love em with HB's and they sound sweet as can be with this SX. My SS amps are requiring "fiddling" - and my Multi-effects pedal sounds like a can of bees now with these SC's.

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
mine is suposed to be here Tuesday, June 3.

can't wait!!

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Fender Rumble 15

Drums: