Page 1 of 2
Im deciding between a palomino v32 a peavey classic 30 and the peavey windsor. I play mainly classic rock/ hard rock. Mostly led zeppelin van halen black sabbath and acdc. So out of these which do you think fits me better/

Feel free to suggest any other amps you think would fit, my budget is around 600 preferably lower.
Last edited by enalsisiht at Feb 23, 2008,
peavey windsor is good if you do not need very good cleans
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
i think the windsor perhaps
You get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!
hmmm....according to me it doesnt sound thaat much like a jcm800, like people say
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
Go for palomino v32, it's got an excellent fuzzy tone for zepp and can fulfill the expectations for ACDC/BS tone.
Guitar: G&L Tribute S-500
Amp: Fender Blues Deluxe
Pedals: Zvex Box of Rock
I'd personally get the Classic 30, because I have heard MANY good things about them.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
to those saying the windsor, its the head and i know it can go out at 4, 6, and 16 ohms and my combo now has a jack on the back that says external speakers 8 ohms, does that mean i can run the windsor into it.
nope...thats so you can plug the combo into another cab....the windsor is not worth it if you dont have a good cab
Quote by deputysalty
Go for palomino v32, it's got an excellent fuzzy tone for zepp and can fulfill the expectations for ACDC/BS tone.

the palomino ****
and compared to the Classic
its just not a heap a ****
its a complete moutain
Quote by enalsisiht
oh **** then, i dont know. recomend any good cabs?

Are you set on a half stack for some reason?
I guarantee if you buy one, you'll hate taking it places. Having a half stack kinda sucks, tbh.

Look for used cabs. My B-52 AT-412 seems to be an amazing cab for the price (I paid $165), so I'm sure you can find a good deal.

EDIT: My vote is still on the Classic 30.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
no im not set on a half stack at all, id prefer combo actually, but the windsor is only half stack as far as i know
i say go for a traynor
used or new i dont know
one of the two
either one should give you the results you expect
i pplayed the ycv20, and 40 today and did not like them as much as i liked the classic 30. but i dont know if the classic 30 can handle van halen and black sabbath
i have a peavey classic. excellent cleans and a solid overdrive. With an overdrive pedal, you can push some really nice rock out of it(ie hard rock, metal, etc)

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
ive heard some some sound clips of it and tought it was pretty good but i guesee thats completely diffrent from actually playing the amp
well depending on what your playing it may suit you. i couldnt get enough gain out of it at decent volumes. you may be able to, but for me i like the classic better. and what pedal do you reccomend to get a good van halenish tone.
Quote by purple tiger
the palomino ****
and compared to the Classic
its just not a heap a ****
its a complete moutain

Yep ok, you're right. I should definitely respect someone called "purple tiger".

All due respect, your call, you can really make a bad decision based on your choices.
Guitar: G&L Tribute S-500
Amp: Fender Blues Deluxe
Pedals: Zvex Box of Rock
^yah keep telling yourself that buddy
i dont give a **** if there made in the US or in China or on ****ing mars for that matter
vox makes there amp of in some asian country and there amps are ****ing grate
Last edited by purple tiger at Feb 23, 2008,
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Says the guy that really likes super champs.

whats wrong with the XD man its a totally kickass amp for the price
i wish i had one just to take around for practice instead of carrying my 60 pound super 60 around

in my opinion fender shuold make a whole line of those amps to compete with valvetronix and the cube
the FM aint putting much of a fight
allright lets stop the bashing of either amp, i dont want this thread to be used to bash each others opinions, i was looking for educated responses
i just wanted to get the point across not to buy the palomino
the other guy is the one took it up the ass
i understand your point, and i just didnt want to get this out of hand so it can stop. i played both and i did like the classic 30 more than the palomino
its just really hard to find some crunnch on the palomino
and the EQ isnt as sensitive as well
the more sensitive you have an EQ the wider range of sounds you can get
yeah i noticed that when i was playing in today. it got muddy and didnt have as great a classic rock tone as i had heard. where as the peavey covered it all, but i didnt get to crank the gain loud enough to see if it had van halen/
well it was mainly between that classic and the windsor. but i may just get the classic and if it doesnt get heavey enough grab a good pedal.
Are you talking about the Windsor Studio or the head version?
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
well i was not aware that there is a combo version of the windsor. and now i have basically decided on the classic 30. i just need to know if the classic can get heavey enough for sabbath and van halen, and if not whats a good pedal to compliment the classic and achieve those tones.
i dont think halen and sabbath are that heavy really you could probly get what you want out of it
if not a tubescreamer is always good
yeah i know they arnt like brutal heavey or anything, but van halen does use some gain so i didnt know if a classic could do it. but if it cant i guess a tube screamer would do the trick.
The windsor combo is one of the best amps out there right now. That thing is a monster really amazing tone.
Quote by enalsisiht
well i was not aware that there is a combo version of the windsor. and now i have basically decided on the classic 30. i just need to know if the classic can get heavey enough for sabbath and van halen, and if not whats a good pedal to compliment the classic and achieve those tones.

Why wonder, when you 100% can get those tones out of the Windsor?
do you know of anywhere that sells the windsor combo. i have never seen it or heard of it before now./
Quote by enalsisiht
is it called the windsor studio/

Yes, and it looks like it is finally shipping. I can't recommend it because I haven't played it yet, but based on features alone I'd hold off on buying an amp until you've tried the Windsor Studio and compared it to the classic 30 (an amp that I love btw).
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Windsor-Studio-All-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481660
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Page 1 of 2