I did a search and found nothing.

I just discovered these today and I have to say I'm really impressed. Their album (Small Steps, Heavy Hooves) is consistantly brilliant.

Thoughts?
they are alright, i haven't listened to them very much though.

interesting fact (at least to me): they are on Equal Visions which is run out of Albany, NY.
I made a thread a while ago but it didn't catch on. I think they're pretty good, but they're not given the credit they deserve because they're associated with more "scene" bands. You know, being signed to Equal Vision and junk. Even though Equal Vision is definitely more of an experimental record label in terms of genre.
Quote by uhh_me?
they are alright, i haven't listened to them very much though.

interesting fact (at least to me): they are on Equal Visions which is run out of Albany, NY.

I don't mean to sound rude at all but how is that interesting? In what way?

I was surprised when I found out they were signed to Equal Vision. It's quite an odd label for them to be on.
it is interesting to me because there is very little music culture around Albany. i should know, i live 30 minutes from there.
I freaking love them, I just bought their LP last week, but I've been listening to them since summer of 06 and I love it way more, I wish certain songs had been released, like president song, cowboy song ( i think thats what it's called), telemarket mishap and daysleeper

I wish more people would listen to them

Ian (vocals) is so amazing, the way he projects the words, it's just, indescribable
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Quote by saxaxe
So it turns out Im interviewing these guys in September. Any questions would be very much appreciated as I barely listen to them

Lucky bastard!

I would not know what to ask them

Ask them about how they write songs and structures and stuff and when they plan to release their new album!

What magazine is it for?
Quote by TDKshorty
Lucky bastard!

I would not know what to ask them

Ask them about how they write songs and structures and stuff and when they plan to release their new album!

What magazine is it for?

freshzive.com

More questions, people!
Just got the new album

AMAZING!
boring, like most new "indie" bands
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Quote by sponj
boring, like most new "indie" bands

Dude, this is an appreciation thread, if you have a negative comment, just take it to the Pit or don't say it at all

Besides they're not really " "indie" " they more of like a hardcore folk group*. Like Bob Dylan meets a contemporary Radiohead

Try and find some of their old demos, if you all have heard is their recorded stuff. Because it's not as good as their old demos.

They're amazing live too, so energetic and feirce

*I don't mean hardcore folk as in like metal hardcore folk, but like frenzied chaotic heavy folk

or like heavy acoustic, something as heavy as like Janes Addiction but acoustic, really raw, you know.

EDIT: I just noticed that If Not For My Glasses and Saintly Rows are really old songs, like pre Heavy Hooves, I remember hearing If Not For My Glasses acoustic on a radio with The President song and Saintly Rows is the "oh oh oh oh oh oh" song
Last edited by TDKshorty at Oct 13, 2008,
It really surprises me how little recognition these guys get.

Easily one of my favorite bands out there right now.