Its all preference. Try it and find out.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Some would say so, but practice is the best way to go about it; I sweep, string skip, and tremolo better on Dunlop Points then on Jazz 3's. All and all, size of the pick does do something, but not much.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Size does a lot. I can't stand the big picks anymore, irritating to mess with. To me Jazz III's make a big difference in everything, including string skipping.

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

i love the jazz III's, they're great and just make it easier to play, especially in shred. i think they take getting used to but they are better to use.
I heavily depended on Jazz III's before, but now I can't stand them, they're too thick, I know it's all preference, but Dunlop Tortex .60 mm is perfect for sweeping, string skipping and... yeah, shred.
Finding a good pick is a personal thing

You'll know when you find the right one, it should be a natural extension of the hand thats not cumbersome or hard to hold.
It is a personal thing, there isn't a universal "this size pick is perfect for x technique." There are some rules of thumb, but it is mainly what feels most comfortable to you that matters.

However, I don't really see how the pick itself would be able to make string skipping easier. The pick isn't actually involved in the string skipping aspect of it.